Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Looking for contacts, friends, and adventure! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Looking for contacts, friends, and adventure! (/showthread.php?tid=20197)

Looking for contacts, friends, and adventure! - A'kos - 07-24-2017

Why, a'loo there. Cool
I'm a returning, returning player, both to the RPC and the game.  I never wanted to leave in the first place but work and life kind of kept me from it.  So here I am trying to get started over for the third time.  

The Character: A'kos Saiyal

A'kos is a fairly cool customer.  Laid back, seemingly lazy sometimes and basically good natured. Often seen with an easy crooked smile like he knows a secret you want to know, and that he's keeping it to himself for the same reason.  At least when he's not working.  He's more serious then, and depending on the job can be more intense and focused.  It's his work face, not a separate personality or anything.  He makes a living doing courier work generally, his only big client is the Maelstrom, so he can be seen around command fairly often, it's also an easy excuse to be anywhere I need to be.  He's also a student, "of the world" as he puts it, and is always seeking to learn things. He's also very much a warrior, but he downplays this so much it's often not noticed by others.

So what I'm looking for:
  • RP! 
  • I really like adventure themed rp.  Mystery, investigations and the like.  He's not a detective, but he could be taught to be.  He has the basis. 
  • Friends.  He needs some.
  • Academic stuff.  He likes to learn in an academic fashion as well. 
  • Storylines.  My favorite type, ongoing plots that develop over time.
  • Romance(?) It's more that I'm open to it, rather than I'm looking for it.  I like it as a story theme and for character development.
  • Horror.  I like to run stories for groups sometimes, and oh the players I have given nightmares too over the years.Evil
An honorable mention goes to tavern rp.  He can certainly be enticed/abducted into it, but isn't so likely to go looking for it.  As a player I'm fine with it, but more so in between other types of rp.  I have nothing against it (and miss it sometimes), but I have trouble scanning text as it comes in if there's multiple sources of disconnected text happening.  It's really just an eye sight thing.

Everything is up for discussion in pm's in game or wherever Big Grin 

Things I shy away from:
  • Grimdark, harsh gritty themes.  (But is negotiable, just not as the main focus of my play.  I do enjoy horror, especially the supernatural kind.)
  • Graphic torture is right out.  If it happens it happens, I just don't like the details.
  • Rape stuff of any kind.
So hit me up, it can be random and casual, or we can pre-arrange things.  Either works for me and both have their pros and cons ^_^  I'm also very much into the PVE content, so even if you just want to run a dungeon before or after rp I'm down. Thumbsup
On discord, if you want to talk about stuff, add me at Kinsaeda#3086

[Image: 3956718.jpg]

RE: Looking for contacts, friends, and adventure! - lyrax123 - 07-25-2017

Hello! 

I would love for my character, Naomi Kett, to meet up with your character sometime. She's a punny little miqo'te with a pension for getting into some strange situations, both personally and with her investigation-based free company. She's very outgoing and tends to drag people into some of her monster hunt when she knows they're down a few people!

She also might accidentally blow you up with her pseudo red-magic. It only happened once, so far.

If you're interested, I'm available on Discord as Amanda#7359. If not I'll reach out to you in game as N'aomi Kett!

RE: Looking for contacts, friends, and adventure! - A'kos - 07-25-2017

(07-25-2017, 10:19 AM)lyrax123 Wrote: Hello! 

I would love for my character, Naomi Kett, to meet up with your character sometime. She's a punny little miqo'te with a pension for getting into some strange situations, both personally and with her investigation-based free company. She's very outgoing and tends to drag people into some of her monster hunt when she knows they're down a few people!

She also might accidentally blow you up with her pseudo red-magic. It only happened once, so far.

If you're interested, I'm available on Discord as Amanda#7359. If not I'll reach out to you in game as N'aomi Kett!

The puns must flow! Bouncy Sounds right up A'kos' alley.  Accidental explosions included (I mean, it was only a little cereulan fuel...)   I forgot to mention that I'm also down for pve content of any kind, so if those monster hunts are IC or OOC, sounds like fun Thumbsup

RE: Looking for contacts, friends, and adventure! - Armantiel Xavielan - 07-25-2017

Howdy. If you're looking for the Scholarly type, my Elezen, Armantiel Xavielan, might fit with your character well enough. He's a Black Mages that masquerades around as a Thaumaturge. He's a few of the Elezen tropes, dry in his humor, reserved, polite that sort of thing. Though, he'll vehemently say he's nothing like the rest of his race; going so far as to move to Ul'dah just to get away from Gridania. That's the short of it, the story is a little longer and more complex than that.

I'm always looking for RP contact! If you want to add me on Discord, I go by Armantiel#4160. Thanks in advance.

RE: Looking for contacts, friends, and adventure! - A'kos - 07-25-2017

(07-25-2017, 06:28 PM)Armantiel Xavielan Wrote: Howdy. If you're looking for the Scholarly type, my Elezen, Armantiel Xavielan, might fit with your character well enough. He's a Black Mages that masquerades around as a Thaumaturge. He's a few of the Elezen tropes, dry in his humor, reserved, polite that sort of thing. Though, he'll vehemently say he's nothing like the rest of his race; going so far as to move to Ul'dah just to get away from Gridania. That's the short of it, the story is a little longer and more complex than that.

I'm always looking for RP contact! If you want to add me on Discord, I go by Armantiel#4160. Thanks in advance.
Always Smile A'kos feels out of place amongst scholarly types, but that's why I like having him with them, and why he seeks them out ^_^ 

And our stories always are aren't theySmile just makes things interesting.  Feel free to add me on discord if I don't add you first!