Hydaelyn Role-Players
RPCV Episode 3 - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: RPCV Episode 3 (/showthread.php?tid=202)

Pages: 1 2

RPCV Episode 3 - Smiling River - 07-07-2010

(Larger than usual due to lots of callers!)
http://www.archive.org/details/RpcvEp.3
Hosted by: Jared (Lysander), Andrey (Mason), Jordan (Sunny Dove)

Guild episode!

Teaser coverage:
-Prima Vista, Nij
-Remnant, GaelicWarlord
-Aetheryte Holdings, Ltd., Varov
-House Serith'kar, Rayah

Brief mentions:
-Knight Life
-Slaughterhouse Dogs

Music Break:
Lights - Drive My Soul (Victor Rusin Remix)

Interviews:
-Order of the Stormguard, Kier
-Crimson Blades, ArmachiA and Ellion
-T.A.L.E., Mythis
-A.E.T.H.E.R., Soren Miren

Group Discussion:
-Artifacts and Guilds
-IC Guild relations

Teasers timestamps
1:15: Prima Vista
4:45: Remnant
10:10: Aetheryte Holdings, Ltd.
12:50: House Seith'kar

Interviews timestamps
27:00: Music break ends, Interview with Stormguard (Keir) begins
37:45: Crimson Blades (ArmachiA & Ellion) interview begins
54:35: T.A.L.E. (Mythis) interview begins
1:13:25: A.E.T.H.E.R. (Soren Miren) interview begins
1:30:20: Group discussion

Episode 3: Discussion - Smiling River - 07-07-2010

Let us know what you think.
I'm missing some links to the guilds we talked about. If you have a home page and there is no link, provide one here and I'll edit the sticky.

EDIT: I might have misspelled someone's name, let me know! Also ArmachiA I didn't write down your co-leader's name so let me know who that is and I'll add him.

Just a reminder: Contact us!

Email: [email protected]

Segment material: we could always use more questions for "How much?", scenarios for "Fortunately/Unfortunately", multiple choice questions for "Where in Eorzea?"

Music suggestions: anything you're into

RP stories: cool story/RP that we haven't heard about? Tell us.

Guild events: A gathering you want us to advertise? Story related or casual, we'll let the listeners know about it.

Questions: about the podcast, RPC, FFXIV, general RP-related concerns.

Anything FFXIV: related that you want us to chime in on.

Stories from RL: Crazy news article? Funny video? Send it over and we'll put an RP spin on it.

Criticism: Yes, we'll listen.

Re: Episode 3: Discussion - Shamadconde - 07-07-2010

Listening to it now!

One thing:
Rule # 1 of Final Fantasy podcasting: You are under no obligation to pronounce anything correctly.

Re: Episode 3: Discussion - ArmachiA - 07-07-2010

His name is Ellion Tongue

Re: Episode 3: Discussion - Kylin - 07-07-2010

Still listening to it (at the 20 min mark). But just to clarify on a few things so far...

Prima Vista is indeed going on hold. In fact, I -just- now got a request to have it removed from the teaser site for the time being (meaning any other new group who wants the 10th slot better get in touch with me ASAP xD). This does not mean the group is disbanding or anything. It's just going on the back burner for a variety of reasons. Hopefully it will rise back up before launch since it's certainly a unique and interesting concept.

Slaughterhouse Dogs -does- have a teaser but it's still in the final revision stage. If I don't have it by tomorrow, I'll just put up the first draft and edit it later since the teaser site needs to go out immediately.

Knight Life was indeed the very first RP group to form. Unfortunately, I know just as little about it as you guys do Laugh . Kit hasn't really been too active. Eltharian has created a topic on their forums though and hopefully their members will come up with a concept in the near future.

House Serith'kar's leaders are both extremely busy at the moment. Rayah is dealing with crisis after crisis while the other leader is still finishing military duty. We may not hear much about them anytime soon but by the end of next month, they'll probably have a much stronger presence.

Re: Episode 3: Discussion - Soren Miren - 07-07-2010

Timestamps for each interview for those interested:
  • 27:00: Music break ends, Interview with Stormguard (Keir) begins
    37:45: Crimson Blade (ArmachiA & Ellion) interview begins
    54:35: T.A.L.E. (Mythis) interview begins
    1:13:25: A.E.T.H.E.R. (Soren Miren) interview begins
    1:30:20: Group discussion[/list:u]

Once I finish listening through the whole thing, I'll go back and add timestamps for the guilds that were mentioned at the beginning of the podcast.

Edit: Timestamps for guilds who were discussed, but not interviewed:
    • 1:15: Prima Vista
      4:45: Remnant
      10:10: Aetheryte Holdings, Ltd.
      12:50: House Seith'kar[/list:u]

Re: Episode 3: Discussion - Aveline - 07-07-2010

Ooh will have to listen to it when I get home. I really wanted to stay for the group discussion but my evening class professor grades us on attendance (WHO DOES THAT IN COLLEGE??).

Asshats?

Edit: Awesome episode!

Re: Episode 3 - Guest - 07-07-2010

Can't wait to listen to this when I get off of work tonight!

Re: Episode 3: Discussion - Guest - 07-07-2010

GaelicWarlord is not pronounced Guy-lik. It's Gay-lik or gall-ik pending on what he's going for culture or language respectively.
Aaaarrrrrg ><
/end mini-rant

Remember Rule #1 of Final Fantasy podcasting: Nothing gets pronounced correctly.Nothing.

Re: Episode 3 - Olette - 07-08-2010

Ffff. I love tat you played Drive My Soul by LIGHTS. Awesome song choice ! ^ ^ Thanks for the information on guilds also. I'll take it into account.

Re: Episode 3 - Sunny Dove - 07-08-2010

Glad to hear you enjoyed the music choice :mrgreen:

Re: Episode 3 - ArmachiA - 07-08-2010

As fun as that was, I just looked at my account info and Skype charged 60$ to my paypal account without my consent. I didn't even tell them my paypal account!

Not sure if I'm gonna use that again

Re: Episode 3 - Aveline - 07-08-2010

holy crap what...

*goes to check Skype account*