Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Kiyokage Mizuhiki - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Kiyokage Mizuhiki (/showthread.php?tid=20236)

[Balmung] Kiyokage Mizuhiki - FloppyDingo - 07-29-2017

I. Basic Info 
  • Primary character:
  • Kiyokage Mizuhiki: Wandering Xaela swordsman trying to find his way in the world. A man disenchanted by the world, somewhat sour and bitter by feelings that the world simply does not want him about. Having abandoned his tribe at a young age, the world has jaded him. Now he wanders as a swordsman with a new name, attempting to hide the scars of his past, and progress into a new future. Whether or not he can leave behind his terrible mistakes is yet to be seen...
[Image: cYeBGAk.png]

[Image: BCsscHe.png]
  • Linkshells: None
  • Primary RP linkshell: None, feel free to suggest some or send invites.

II. RP Style 
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
  • I am a heavy roleplayer: I enjoy being within my character's headspace and thinking things out through his own in-world knowledge rather than my own ooc meta. I prefer to keep him to a schedule when I have him IC (I do pve/raid a bit sometimes) and prefer to keep in world things as in world, such as free companies. (I am looking for one, but want to join it ICly - e.g. find one that Kiyokage is interested in, and join it for those reasons - not just for the ooc community and benefits). (Linkshells obviously do not 100% hold to this as some are used to set up rp and I understand that!)

• I will sometimes ask to continue rp in discord. This is a recent development as I've realized I won't always be reachable IC to finish up lengthy rp scenes due to IRL commitments - discord makes this very easy to accomplish however to keep the rp flowing at a logical pace!

• My character has strict continuity - I am not a fan of metagaming or retconning (though I understand the need -sometimes-). I keep my character's experiences as his own and prefer them to be a continually flowing tapestry to build him up (or tear him down).

• I am a M/E/Rper - I am not afraid of themes being mature in our roleplays so long as they make sense ICly. Typically with anything sexual I prefer there to be a longterm buildup to such things - though spontaneity does occur albeit rarely. So long as it all makes sense IC I will go with it - whether it be damning to my character, or beneficial. If the above didn't make sense to you, here's the tl;dr: If you walk up and say "He's hot, wanna erp?" you're gonna have a bad time.

• My rp posts are quite lengthy when need to be - though I adapt to those around me quite well. Expect long, descriptive posts without fluff or filler however: meaning if there's something very engaging and deserving of lengthy emotes, it will get them, but if we're having shorthand conversation among 5 people at the hostel in Kogane - I'm not going to text bomb just to have my character nod and say he agrees.

• I am a fan of the proponent "you get out what you put in" - meaning, you get from me what you put in to the rp. If you walk up and emote cutting off Kiyokage's arm/an attempt at cutting off Kiyokage's, and I have no idea who you are or why you would do that - expect me to take a lesser, more temporary wound, if any. If this has been a long buildup to a dramatic event where Kiyokage loses a limb and has been part of an ongoing month long plot - I'm far more willing to roll with it.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
  • You get what you put in - rp combat is a fluid thing that varies from person to person. Some people prefer dice, and I am fine with that - others prefer text, and I am fine with that too, so long as they play fair and don't powergame/god game. 

• Autohitting will make me not take you very seriously. As above - you get what you put in, and autohitting is a very low, dirty thing to do in rp. Expect a similar reply.

• Injuring Kiyokage is perfectly fine - I prefer permanent injuries to be discussed beforehand and to have meaning/impact other than simply adding another stamp to someones badassery card.
  • I tend to rp healing as something that - while it stops the worst of the wounds, still requires a bit of a recovery time depending on the severity - much as the MSQ portrays it. 

• Views on IC romance:
  • Kiyokage might not state openly that he is looking for love, but like all Xaela, he knows his moon is out there somewhere.

• IC romances are some of my favorite kind of rp - a slow buildup, the tension of unspoken feelings, the uncertainty blossoming into affection. It has a soft spot for me if done right and built up organically. However I do not tolerate these types of rp's drifting into OOC

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
  • Kiyokage was born of the Borlaaq and given to the Iriq because he was male. He has since moved on and left his tribal life (and name) behind. It has been a handful of years since he was in his homeland.

• Feel free to make connections with Kiyokage, friends, mentors, students, rivals, enemies, ect. Family ties are far less likely. If you have an idea, hit me up!

• Views on lore:
  • I have a moderate approach to lore on FFXIV. I love the lore, I love the world - but if someone slips outside of strict lore interpretation a bit, I am fine with it. (Rule of cool: so long as it makes the story more interesting). This does have it's limits however and I'm not going to turn a blind eye to someone saying they are "the" warrior of light or something similarly egregious.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
  • Say: IC unless ((brackets)) are added.

• Party: A mix of IC and OOC. Typically used for ooc communication, I sometimes use this for private rp.

• Free Company Chat: Depends on the free company. I can see this being majority OOC though.

• Linkshells: Varies. Some are IC, some aren't.

• Shouts and Yells: Varies. Usually OOC unless it makes sense for the RP. Even then, given that the majority of normal players spam them with non-rp banter it's much easier to use party or something similar with an affix of *yells* or something.

• Whispers: Typically OOC unless noted otherwise.

III. Other Info 
  • Timezone:Central Standard Time (GMT -6)
  • Contact info: In game (I don't bite, usually), discord (FloppyDingo#1872). You can PM me here but I won't guarantee I'll see it unless I happen to look at it (which can be days).

~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~

RE: [Balmung] Kiyokage Mizuhiki - FloppyDingo - 08-05-2017

I have finished Kiyokage's Wiki Page! It can be found here: Click Me

RE: [Balmung] Kiyokage Mizuhiki - Kaiverta - 08-05-2017

(08-05-2017, 08:36 AM)FloppyDingo Wrote: I have finished Kiyokage's Wiki Page! It can be found here: Click Me

That is SUCH an awesome-looking character. :O

(08-05-2017, 08:57 AM)Kaiverta Wrote:
(08-05-2017, 08:36 AM)FloppyDingo Wrote: I have finished Kiyokage's Wiki Page! It can be found here: Click Me

That is SUCH an awesome-looking character. :O
Thank you!

RE: [Balmung] Kiyokage Mizuhiki - Es'mena - 08-05-2017

This looks great!

(08-05-2017, 12:27 PM)Es Wrote: This looks great!
Thank you so very much. I like yours as well. That gif is awesome Big Grin