Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Tserende Valqirelle - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Tserende Valqirelle (/showthread.php?tid=20364)

[Balmung] Tserende Valqirelle - Chrysanthemum - 08-14-2017

I. Basic Info 
  • Primary character: Tserende Valqirelle: Traveler, recently arrived in Kugane seeking employment. He has advertised his services in various fields, from mining to private guard, and an array of other "muscle for hire" type avenues. Judging by his accent and appearance, one would easily place him as originating from somewhere far abroad -- leaving them to wonder, just what exactly is he doing all of the way over here? For a more detailed overview, feel free to visit Tserende's wiki page here!
[Image: ob3aMVp.png]

• Linkshells: N/A 
  • Primary RP linkshell: None, feel free to offer suggestions!
II. RP Style 
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy): 
    I'd say that I linger somewhere inbetween medium and heavy. I enjoy detailed, lengthy posts so that I can get a proper feel for what is taking place and the characters involved. While I am rather heavily involved in raiding and other PvE elements of the game, I am perfectly capable of setting aside time for story and RP as well! I prefer to handle things that are IC with continuity, and allow things to develop as naturally as possible -- I'm not a fan of retconning things or anything of the sort unless there is some dire need for it. My characters experiences are something which build up and shape him, and that is best done when everyone involved is on the same page and willing to accept the consequences of their actions. Whether good or bad. Mature themes and things of that nature are perfectly fine with me, so long as they make sense with what is taking place.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    Effort and fairness are key. I enjoy my combat as fluid as possible, and with realistic outcomes -- as in, injuries take time to recover from. While healing may well take the immediate risk of death from bleeding out, it is still painful and requires some time of rest and recuperation. Autohitting and other varieties of god gaming are something I don't exactly appreciate either. It takes the fun out of things, for me at least! As far as systems go, I don't mind dice rolls or simply whatever makes sense narratively. I am fine with Tserende taking injuries, though permanent things are best brought up and discussed prior to the encounter I feel. They should have narrative and reasons backing their infliction, outside of just "He gave me a dirty look at the bar."

• Views on IC romance:
    Enjoyable, provided it is allowed to develop naturally. Tserende may be a bit of a pessimist in this regard, himself, though there is always the chance of a meaningful connection arising.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    While Tserende doesn't have any direct family ties remaining, if someone else's character happens to be from Ishgard, they're perfectly welcome to discuss existing connections. I'd prefer to talk to said person a bit before they just spew characters out that suddenly know mine, of course -- and I do reserve the right to decline. That said, I do welcome the idea if someone has any thoughts.

• Views on lore:
    I enjoy the lore and world, though I'm unlikely to pay much notice to someone not adhereing 100% to it -- so long as it isn't something terribly eregious or ridiculous. So long as it is interesting and not absurdly unbalancing or otherwise immersion-breaking, I'm likely to roll with it.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    Say: IC, unless ((specified otherwise))
    Party: IC and OOC. Typically for OOC communication, though also used for IC if the area is particularly crowded and cluttered.
    FC Chat: OOC.
    Linkshells: Either/Or.
    Shouts / Yells: Usually OOC, since they're most often just full of spam and nonsense anyways.
    Whispers: OOC, unless specified otherwise for some reason.
III. Other Info 
  • Timezone:EST (though most often available after 10pm EST)
  • Contact info: In Game (Tserende Valqirelle) or via PM here

~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~