Hydaelyn Role-Players
Subtitled latest Letter from the producer - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Subtitled latest Letter from the producer (/showthread.php?tid=2060)

Subtitled latest Letter from the producer - Gideon Aryeh - 06-01-2013

Spoiler: show

*Classes now have three skill lines
*All three house sizes interiors shown
*Chocobo companion shown
*Couerl mount shown

Other information spoken about as always.

RE: Subtitled latest Letter from the producer - Orlog - 06-01-2013

Because I know I'm an impatient person, here're the noteworthy parts that in game footage is shown:

21:14 - Couerl mount shown
25:02 - Housing stuff.
45:49 - Catch a glimpse of the content finder.
51:08 - HOLY HELL. What is this place?
58:24 - Combat! Chocobo Companion in action!
1:08:40 - A glimpse at the character creator again.
1:30:02 - Controller combat.
1:42:15 - Facial emotes in use.

Everything else is just a bunch of stuff we've already seen. Still pretty awesome! I'm totally pumped to start playing this.

RE: Subtitled latest Letter from the producer - Gideon Aryeh - 06-01-2013

I gotta say that specs are a pretty big deal for a FF game

RE: Subtitled latest Letter from the producer - Anehki - 06-03-2013

(06-01-2013, 07:48 PM)Lanos Blaquesun Wrote: *Classes now have three skill lines

Wait what.. so like, talent trees? What time is this discussed in the video?

RE: Subtitled latest Letter from the producer - Arlon - 06-03-2013

(06-03-2013, 02:21 PM)Ulteah Lockheart Wrote:
(06-01-2013, 07:48 PM)Lanos Blaquesun Wrote: *Classes now have three skill lines

I think he means three action bars where abilities can be placed.

RE: Subtitled latest Letter from the producer - Anehki - 06-03-2013

(06-03-2013, 02:25 PM)Arlon Wrote:
(06-03-2013, 02:21 PM)U Wrote:

Ah Right, I generally thought you could anyways, then again I've been using gamepad so, wouldn't know. I know you get unique job abilities from Grand Companies. Just excited to hear new info from E3!

RE: Subtitled latest Letter from the producer - Uther - 06-03-2013

Anyone else excited about the vanity system? It means pretty much nothing as far as Uther Skystrider is concerned, but it means I can finally make the character I want for my alt, since he has a trademark outfit and getting new gear all the time wouldn't make sense for him. Maybe it's just me, but I'm stoked.

RE: Subtitled latest Letter from the producer - Gideon Aryeh - 06-03-2013

(06-03-2013, 02:25 PM)Arlon Wrote:
(06-03-2013, 02:21 PM)U Wrote:

No actual specs its mentioned on the second half of the video

RE: Subtitled latest Letter from the producer - Anehki - 06-04-2013

(06-03-2013, 07:37 PM)Lanos Blaquesun Wrote: No actual specs its mentioned on the second half of the video

I'm not so sure that was what is mentioned in the video, he mentions monks have 3 stances they have to switch through to perform combos, making their playstyle unique, He also mentioned there is ways to make your playstyle different to others... not so sure about "Specs". I guess we should just wait and see what is announced next week.

RE: Subtitled latest Letter from the producer - Gideon Aryeh - 06-04-2013

(06-04-2013, 07:14 AM)U Wrote:
(06-03-2013, 07:37 PM)Lanos Blaquesun Wrote: No actual specs its mentioned on the second half of the video

I'm not so sure that was what is mentioned in the video, he mentions monks have 3 stances they have to switch through to perform combos, making their playstyle unique, He also mentioned there is ways to make your playstyle different to others... not so sure about "Specs". I guess we should just wait and see what is announced next week.

Look at he part where he mentions it and where he shows the three boxes that are used to signify the 3 specs. The three boxes were grey, that's how you picked the different variants, at first I thought he was talking about the monk specifically as well until he mentioned the boxes and was not playing a monk at that moment, he also spoke about specifications. Its all there just look at it again.

RE: Subtitled latest Letter from the producer - Anehki - 06-04-2013

(06-04-2013, 11:20 AM)Lanos Blaquesun Wrote: Look at he part where he mentions it and where he shows the three boxes that are used to signify the 3 specs. The three boxes were grey, that's how you picked the different variants, at first I thought he was talking about the monk specifically as well until he mentioned the boxes and was not playing a monk at that moment, he also spoke about specifications. Its all there just look at it again.

If there is, I'll certainly look forward to it! ^ _ ^ I'm just having trouble with the video being so long and my internet being 3G haha. Hopefully it might be in Phase 3 to take a peek at.