Hydaelyn Role-Players
Salutations - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Salutations (/showthread.php?tid=2070)

Pages: 1 2

Salutations - Aldotsk - 06-02-2013

Hello to all, name is Aldotsk. And I am here because I was very interested in joining the role-play community for Final Fantasy XIV since I bought A Realm Reborn copy, and am ready to play before the launch date!

Please to meet you all.

--MMORPG background
My MMORPG starts from the time of Asheron's Call, where I have rage quit the game after 1 month of game experience. Then I went to other MMORPG games such as Final Fantasy XI, World of Warcraft and Age of Conan. However, FF11 and WoW were considered to be the MMOs that I've played for a very long time than any other games. Phantasy Star Universe, Phantasy Star Online, Ragnarok Online, Ragnarok Online 2 and 2: Legend of the Second are part of my MMORPG experiences, along with Tera, first Final Fantasy XIV (which is terrible. Sorry for those who might take it as an offense), Blade and Soul (Korean version), Guild Wars 2, and Planetside 2 (I still consider it as partial MMORPG since it requires experience to level up to higher rank)
--RP experience
My RP experiences start from Starcraft. There would be several maps called "Roleplaying maps", and I would join with other players to make our own stories. It's quite fun, actually. Then Warcraft 3 was my next RP experience. I also joined GaiaOnline (Yes, I know. I am not proud of myself too) during my high school year, and then joined other RP forum communities, until I joined Ragnarok Online private server and Phantasy Star Universe roleplaying communities. From there on, I decided to find a Final Fantasy XI roleplaying community... which I actually did in the server Sylph. I had plenty of fun time with my Linkshells, then I moved to World of Warcraft roleplaying server. After several years, I played in Tera's roleplaying server, which is in fact - terrible. There were lack of roleplaying places to have fun, and then the lores were half done to understand the plot of the game. I am still playing WoW in a RP server, but I am looking forward of leaving to move over to this game. 
--Character ideas/info
I have yet to understand FFXIV:ARR's lore but I figured I'd make a male Hyur, female Hyur, female Miqo'te, and possibly male/female Lalafell (or make both gender). When I play these games, I must MAKE midgets. 

My Lalafells are more of talkative, energetic, or yet nerdy style of characters. Hyurs would be more determined, and adventurous (what you would see in these two characters would feel like MarySue or GaryStu). Then Miqo'te is just a curious cat, really. 
--How did you learn about the coalition?
Google. All I typed was "Final Fantasy XIV a realm reborn roleplaying community"
--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
Heavy mostly. I want to feel like I am the character!
--Anything from real life you’re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)
I am into drawing (Not as great), and I love to watch anime, play other games and read mangas. I also love photography and traveling too.

Any other questions, be sure to ask me! I'd love to answer. Smile

RE: Salutations - Eva - 06-02-2013

Welcome to the RPC!!  A handful of us were RPers on Sylph as well.  Out of curiosity, who was your character there?  Maybe we met in a previous life~  Thumbsup

RE: Salutations - Aldotsk - 06-02-2013

I used to be in Ethereal, Rescue and Crystalline.

I was playing as Tarutaru before, but mostly Hume named Hathaway. Smile

Unfortunately, I only knew few people but due to some dramas that occurred within some people I decided to make my leave. But overall, FF11 RP community was quite solid, fun and casual imo which is why I loved it!

RE: Salutations - Xenedra - 06-03-2013

Welcome, welcome! Please have a look around, ask any rrrandom questions you may have and make~ yourself~ at home~

RE: Salutations - DimmerMeerkat - 06-03-2013

Heeyy, there were some good roleplay threads and guilds floating around GaiaOnline. Nothing to be ashamed of! My roommate and I actually were running a pretty fun Harry Potter RP thread for about a year. Good times were had! My only complaint about that one would have been its pace. Forum RP is so godawful slow. But yeah, I can see how you'd flush a bit at the mention of it, considering a vast majority of RP threads nowadays are... ah...

Well, I can't think of a polite word. Anyway, welcome! Newbies-to-the-site, unite! o/

RE: Salutations - Nightsha - 06-03-2013

Welcome to this little nest! It's great that you're into drawing, cause if you look around you'll notice how crazy excited we are to see everyone's art Big Grin

RE: Salutations - Kylin - 06-03-2013

I remember the name Hathaway. Big Grin Welcome~

(This is Islude by the way.)

RE: Salutations - Aldotsk - 06-03-2013

Oh wow, Islude! Long time no see! 
Glad to see you again! How are you doing?

RE: Salutations - Aldotsk - 06-03-2013

(06-03-2013, 12:51 AM)Zylsrrhain Wrote: Welcome to this little nest! It's great that you're into drawing, cause if you look around you'll notice how crazy excited we are to see everyone's art Big Grin

Of course! I actually looked at the art forum section before I posted this thread actually lol. You guys are really talented and I hope you guys keep drawing to get me motivated too! Smile  I always knew that FF11-FF14 artist community is very strong.

(06-03-2013, 12:40 AM)DimmerMeerkat Wrote: Heeyy, there were some good roleplay threads and guilds floating around GaiaOnline. Nothing to be ashamed of! My roommate and I actually were running a pretty fun Harry Potter RP thread for about a year. Good times were had! My only complaint about that one would have been its pace. Forum RP is so godawful slow. But yeah, I can see how you'd flush a bit at the mention of it, considering a vast majority of RP threads nowadays are... ah...

Well, I can't think of a polite word. Anyway, welcome! Newbies-to-the-site, unite! o/

Thanks for your warm welcoming response! Big Grin I am glad I am not the only newbie entering into this domain haha. Indeed Forum RP is really slow. I love forum RPs, but people lose motivations if people don't post things in time (It's not their fault though since due to IRL reasons, exams, work, class, family etc). I've actually skimmed a bit through your thread, and the way you introduce yourself and how you write seems very impressive and I am sure anyone would want you in their Linkshell/Guild Smile . Best wishes to you!

RE: Salutations - Aysun - 06-03-2013

Welcome! It's awesome that you were in XI-Crystalline. Eva will be thrilled to see that. Smile

RE: Salutations - Eva - 06-03-2013

Yissss!  I remember the name Hathaway!

Kylin, you should post a link to that old Sylph RP video you made~

I know there were a lot of dramz back in those days.  But having experienced XIV RP from 1.0, and this pause between 1.0 and ARR, the drama that does exist (I don't think it ever fully goes away) pales in comparison to some of what we were all exposed to in XI.  There is a lot of maturity in this community and I'm happy to be a part of it, and I hope you are too!

The half of Eva that played XI was called Dyterium, in that lifetime.  Cool

RE: Salutations - Weffrey - 06-03-2013

Nice to meet you! Welcome to the site!

RE: Salutations - Aldotsk - 06-04-2013

(06-03-2013, 06:14 PM)Eva Wrote: Yissss!  I remember the name Hathaway!

Kylin, you should post a link to that old Sylph RP video you made~

I know there were a lot of dramz back in those days.  But having experienced XIV RP from 1.0, and this pause between 1.0 and ARR, the drama that does exist (I don't think it ever fully goes away) pales in comparison to some of what we were all exposed to in XI.  There is a lot of maturity in this community and I'm happy to be a part of it, and I hope you are too!

The half of Eva that played XI was called Dyterium, in that lifetime.  Cool

Not a problem! There will be some dramas in some guilds/linkshells etc Smile No one's perfect and there will always be someone who will not be satisfied with someone else or the community itself. Happens. But I'd love to look forward of rejoining Crystalline again in the future FFXIV!

RE: Salutations - Kylin - 06-04-2013

Oh yeah! You probably never got to see the Sylph Rp tribute video, Hathaway~

I'm not sure if you're in any of the screenshots or not. I can't remember. I know you're in the roster lists at the end though. Ethereal and Rescue begins around 5:20 of the video ^^

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/SylphTribute/

RE: Salutations - Aldotsk - 06-04-2013

(06-04-2013, 10:04 AM)Kylin Wrote: Oh yeah! You probably never got to see the Sylph Rp tribute video, Hathaway~

I'm not sure if you're in any of the screenshots or not. I can't remember. I know you're in the roster lists at the end though. Ethereal and Rescue begins around 5:20 of the video ^^

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/SylphTribute/

I actually watched it just now Big Grin

Has it really been that long? I can't believe I remember some people. But I think I saw my character (without it's name displayed from those screenshots). I am pretty sure I might not be in any of those screenshots since I wasn't really that much of high level to do Dynamis etc. 

Also I am kind of still new to FFXIV lores (1.0 and the ARR lores) - are they the same or I guess everyone's just rebooting their character backgrounds for ARR?