Hydaelyn Role-Players
To everyone gunning for Shirogane - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: To everyone gunning for Shirogane (/showthread.php?tid=20715)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: To everyone gunning for Shirogane - Nebbs - 10-10-2017

Suffered one DC then three Launcher crashes.. no house

On the upside apartments were available so at least got one.

Some FC members got a house.

Apparently all housing was gone in 15mins

I also noted that 6/7 of the housing is personal rather than FC.

Housing shortage/system is the worst part of this game bay a mile.

RE: To everyone gunning for Shirogane - Zhavi - 10-10-2017

Housing gone under 15, I think!

I hope some rpers got themselves a new house!

RE: To everyone gunning for Shirogane - LiadansWhisper - 10-10-2017

(10-10-2017, 07:23 AM)Zhavi Wrote: Housing gone under 15, I think!

I hope some rpers got themselves a new house!

Less than 10 minutes, actually. Every single Medium and Large was gone in under 6 minutes.

RE: To everyone gunning for Shirogane - Valence - 10-10-2017

Can confirm that most people I talked to that were above 500 in line at release didn't get any chance to see non snatched plots (I was 600).

RE: To everyone gunning for Shirogane - LiadansWhisper - 10-10-2017

(10-10-2017, 08:29 AM)Valence Wrote: Can confirm that most people I talked to that were above 500 in line at release didn't get any chance to see non snatched plots (I was 600).

I was 592 and did manage a small house. Barely. I think I got the last one.

RE: To everyone gunning for Shirogane - Mana Lily - 10-10-2017

Lobby error took me and my FC out of the race. I knew not to expect anything but preggo hormones are making me too sad to play today because of it. Makes me feel ridiculous to be worked up (knowing my chances were slim as no one else in the FC had the means) but can't help the way I feel! My friend got a small house but they panicked and bought the wrong one and now have a plot facing a giant paissa house for a non-RP guild. >.>

RE: To everyone gunning for Shirogane - Caspar - 10-10-2017

I managed to get my first house on account of being lucky enough to get no errors. I'm exceptionally happy as it's been impossible for me for almost two years, but I finally managed it. I feel bad for others without one though. I hope a better solution is eventually found.

RE: To everyone gunning for Shirogane - Lydia Lightfoot - 10-10-2017

Wowwww, under 15 minutes?! That's faster than 3.3 went. I know there weren't a lot of super organized groups gunning for housing in 3.3, and it was still 19 minutes to gone. 

In other news, my spot in the Lavender Beds is now the sole location in LB that's directly against swimmable water - which makes me giddy. :3

RE: To everyone gunning for Shirogane - Gegenji - 10-10-2017

(10-10-2017, 08:33 AM)Mana Lily Wrote: Lobby error took me and my FC out of the race. I knew not to expect anything but preggo hormones are making me too sad to play today because of it. Makes me feel ridiculous to be worked up (knowing my chances were slim as no one else in the FC had the means) but can't help the way I feel! My friend got a small house but they panicked and bought the wrong one and now have a plot facing a giant paissa house for a non-RP guild. >.>

Aw, I feel you on that one. Sad
I didn't have any hormones or anything during the Ward expansion patch, but I definitely felt drained and unhappy and unwilling to really do anything with the game when lobby errors and queues kept me out of the running. Like, not even getting a chance to try before it was all already over is a terrible feeling. Sad

My condolences and I hope you and yours ultimately find a place to call home.

RE: To everyone gunning for Shirogane - Blythe - 10-10-2017

I managed to get an upgrade for our FC to a  medium (even though we were gunning for a large, but hey a upgrade from a small, anything is nice.) Granted I was the only FC member that managed a queue number under 600 within minutes of patch hitting and in within 5 minutes. 

I feel bad for the people I know that were looking for housing (even just the smalls) and it makes me have a small ting of guilt I was able to get on and a medium when they had a 20 minute plus queue to get in. T_T;

RE: To everyone gunning for Shirogane - Mana Lily - 10-10-2017

(10-10-2017, 09:50 AM)Gegenji Wrote: Aw, I feel you on that one. Sad
I didn't have any hormones or anything during the Ward expansion patch, but I definitely felt drained and unhappy and unwilling to really do anything with the game when lobby errors and queues kept me out of the running. Like, not even getting a chance to try before it was all already over is a terrible feeling. Sad

Yea, even running around and having a chance would have been nicer than the lobby boss you can't control. My condolences to you too and who knows. Maybe in the future something will work out for either of us. I'm happy at least for the FCs that managed to get lucky and their potential new RP locales that will follow.

RE: To everyone gunning for Shirogane - Gegenji - 10-10-2017

(10-10-2017, 10:06 AM)Mana Lily Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 09:50 AM)Gegenji Wrote: Aw, I feel you on that one. Sad

Yea, even running around and having a chance would have been nicer than the lobby boss you can't control. My condolences to you too and who knows. Maybe in the future something will work out for either of us. I'm happy at least for the FCs that managed to get lucky and their potential new RP locales that will follow.

If there's a silver lining, I did end up getting a house a couple months ago. So, hold tight to the dream and hopefully you guys will get your own place too. Thumbsup

RE: To everyone gunning for Shirogane - Mermaid - 10-10-2017

I had to fight for an upgrade to my FC's estate on my main (which luckily isn't on Balmung). All the larges were gone by the time I got through the queue. Managed to snag the first decently placed medium I saw. An upgrade's an upgrade and we didn't need that much room anyways.

RE: To everyone gunning for Shirogane - FallenFedora - 10-10-2017

Housing Rush 3.0; Rest in Peace, all ye lost in the initial error and d/c's.

Gone are ye ever, but never forgotten.

RE: To everyone gunning for Shirogane - Oroban - 10-10-2017

Still no house since 1.0, but hey, there's always next time. (And the significantly more far fetched hope that SE will fix their stuff.)
My launcher froze up and had to be force closed twice before I could even get into queue because it got hammed so hard right at 5:59. I'm mildly salty but low expectations kept me from getting really upset. Congrats to everyone who got one, and for the rest of us, good luck next time! Heart