Hydaelyn Role-Players
Raen Noble-Lady ?? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: Raen Noble-Lady ?? (/showthread.php?tid=20724)

Raen Noble-Lady ?? - RaenRain - 10-10-2017

I've only just entered the roleplaying part of the game and I'm ecstatic but I'm having trouble with creating a solid backstory to my character so I've come here for suggestions/help on the matter.

RE: Raen Noble-Lady ?? - PSDuckie - 10-10-2017

Welcome to FF14 RP!  I hope you find it as much fun as I do!

What kind of character are you planning to RP?  I'd be able to help you with your backstory, but I'd need to know more information first.

RE: Raen Noble-Lady ?? - RaenRain - 10-10-2017

Thanks!

I was going for some type of former aristocrat or something like that if that's possible?

I've also thought of making her original home be under the Ruby Sea, but I'm not very good at these things sadly.

RE: Raen Noble-Lady ?? - PSDuckie - 10-10-2017

(10-10-2017, 04:09 PM)RaenRain Wrote: Thanks!

I was going for some type of former aristocrat or something like that if that's possible?

(10-10-2017, 04:31 PM)RaenRain Wrote: I've also thought of making her original home be under the Ruby Sea, but I'm not very good at these things sadly.

I don't see how that wouldn't be possible.  And I actually have a character whose original home was under the Ruby Sea, so that's definitely doable.

I was just wondering about how she would've lost here title and ended up in Eorzea

I was thinking she could may have been exiled by a higher rank in power ?

RE: Raen Noble-Lady ?? - Valence - 10-11-2017

I'm not totally sure that the inhabitants of Sui-no-Sato have a true aristocratic class, but they have a royal family, which seems to be rather... restricted around the Ruby Princess.

So... mayyyyybe part of the entourage?

Show Content

RE: Raen Noble-Lady ?? - RaenRain - 10-11-2017

Yea, when I think about it there's only mention of her so the enterouage would make a lot more sense than what I was thinking of. Thank you

There's many holes of this i'm sure exist but this is what I have so far

Ayako Nanase was born under the Ruby Sea waves to a small family of pearl skinned gatherers of Sui-No-Sato, who were widely known for their ability to harvest the items that their skin tones were compared to in vast amounts.

Around the age of 10, during a large delivery of the pearls to the royal palace, the girl had wondered off and found herself in the gardens of the large home and was discovered by the Princess herself, fearing the worst Ayako immediately dropped to her knees and apologized for intruding without permission. The Ruby Princess had for reasons unknown to the present day had taken a liking to the gatherer's daughter and would occasionally invite her to the palace often.

When she wasn't crowding around the princess, Ayako could be found at the entrance of the village simply staring at the surface above them, her father would always have to pull her away as to avoid drawing attention to themselves. During her childhood her brothers had always spoke of the sky and it's lights that were past the water's surface which would unintentionally groom the curiosity inside their younger sibling.

On her 16th nameday, their village had received a visitor from the land above that wasn't the Kojin- A xaela from the steppes had arrived and hearing of the news, Ayako rushed to the scene and out of nowhere the man had taken her by the arm and fled the settlement with the girl thrashing in his grip.

Upon reaching the beaches of a silent island the teen had temporarily stopped her terrible attempt at resistance to glance up and marvel at the mere vastness of the skies, it took sometime before the girl would warm up to the dark scaled man before she actually spoke to him for the first time, he had confessed to her that he had seen Ayako happily opening the calm open a year ago near the banks of the entrance to the Azim Steppe. He has been confused at first and spoke of the burning feeling in his chest at the sight of her.

After years of travel and adventure they had eventually arrived in the Central Shroud. 

RE: Raen Noble-Lady ?? - PSDuckie - 10-11-2017

(10-11-2017, 12:41 PM)RaenRain Wrote: There's many holes of this i'm sure exist but this is what I have so far

Ayako Nanase was born under the Ruby Sea waves to a small family of pearl skinned gatherers of Sui-No-Sato, who were widely known for their ability to harvest the items that their skin tones were compared to in vast amounts.

Around the age of 10, during a large delivery of the pearls to the royal palace, the girl had wondered off and found herself in the gardens of the large home and was discovered by the Princess herself, fearing the worst Ayako immediately dropped to her knees and apologized for intruding without permission. The Ruby Princess had for reasons unknown to the present day had taken a liking to the gatherer's daughter and would occasionally invite her to the palace often.

When she wasn't crowding around the princess, Ayako could be found at the entrance of the village simply staring at the surface above them, her father would always have to pull her away as to avoid drawing attention to themselves. During her childhood her brothers had always spoke of the sky and it's lights that were past the water's surface which would unintentionally groom the curiosity inside their younger sibling.

On her 16th nameday, their village had received a visitor from the land above that wasn't the Kojin- A xaela from the steppes had arrived and hearing of the news, Ayako rushed to the scene and out of nowhere the man had taken her by the arm and fled the settlement with the girl thrashing in his grip.

Upon reaching the beaches of a silent island the teen had temporarily stopped her terrible attempt at resistance to glance up and marvel at the mere vastness of the skies, it took sometime before the girl would warm up to the dark scaled man before she actually spoke to him for the first time, he had confessed to her that he had seen Ayako happily opening the calm open a year ago near the banks of the entrance to the Azim Steppe. He has been confused at first and spoke of the burning feeling in his chest at the sight of her.

After years of travel and adventure they had eventually arrived in the Central Shroud. 

I like that backstory!  I was wondering how similar your backstory would be to Ari's (my Raen from the same village), and it's only a little similar.  If you want, I can share Ari's backstory as well.

(10-11-2017, 09:23 PM)PSDuckie Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 12:41 PM)RaenRain Wrote: There's many holes of this i'm sure exist but this is what I have so far

I like that backstory!  I was wondering how similar your backstory would be to Ari's (my Raen from the same village), and it's only a little similar.  If you want, I can share Ari's backstory as well.

Sure! I'd like to get a sense of a more experienced roleplayers backstory!

RE: Raen Noble-Lady ?? - Taranis Mor'rioghain - 10-13-2017

Imo, this is pretty good I like it. It leaves you with areas where you can either write stories based on your character or have the gaps filled in via rp either off of forums or in game which ever you'd wanna go with. Plenty of room to develop her more as you see fit and enough for readers to get a glimpse of her past. From what I recall from lore this would also be believable.

RE: Raen Noble-Lady ?? - RaenRain - 10-13-2017

(10-13-2017, 02:14 AM)Taranis Mor Wrote:

Imo, this is pretty good I like it. It leaves you with areas where you can either write stories based on your character or have the gaps filled in via rp either off of forums or in game which ever you'd wanna go with. Plenty of room to develop her more as you see fit and enough for readers to get a glimpse of her past. From what I recall from lore this would also be believable.

Thank you, now all I have to do is find a group to do this with on my server.

RE: Raen Noble-Lady ?? - Taranis Mor'rioghain - 10-13-2017

I hope you do find a group to rp with on your server! =D Goodluck! If you're ever on Mateus there's a few of us from the forums here on there that would more than likely love to RP with ya sometime there. I have yet to actually RP, as i just started like 2 weeks ago on mateus and im trying to get myself sorted out there(lvld up and able to make some gil) before i RP so i can afford to have glam's heh. Ive also never RPd in an MMO before so this will be a first, kinda nervous on it, but at the sametime looking forwards to it too =D oh and if you ever start writing stories, let me know! I will be sure i read your adventures.

RE: Raen Noble-Lady ?? - RaenRain - 10-13-2017

Thanks! And from what I've gathered here on Jenova after 2 years, I've never seen RP around whatsoever so maybe. Also good luck to you with your stuff!