Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Discussion] CLEARLY MARKED STORY SPOILERS 4.1 - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Lore Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: [Discussion] CLEARLY MARKED STORY SPOILERS 4.1 (/showthread.php?tid=20728)

Pages: 1 2

CLEARLY MARKED STORY SPOILERS 4.1 - Warren Castille - 10-11-2017

Show Content

RE: CLEARLY MARKED STORY SPOILERS 4.1 - Sounsyy - 10-11-2017

1. Yes, timey-wimey-wibbly-wobbly. It doesn't make a lot of sense and it flies in the face of suspension of disbelief, but yeah. In the lore, just one year.

2. Tempering does not require the primal to be summoned. Otherwise the primals themselves wouldn't have nearly enough followers to sustain them. This is why beast tribes such as the Amalj'aa and Sahagin take slaves and prisoners. Using "sacred" items blessed by the primal's corrupting influence when it was corporeal, they are able to temper new followers without having actually resummoned their gods. In the case of the Amalj'aa, they have their sacred flames which they hold their slaves in until their minds temper. The Sahagin take thalassocratic prisoners and "drown" them in the waters around their summoning pool. It's unclear for some of the other primals, though the Sylphs are always attempting to capture non-tempered sylphs and convert them in some way. I'm not sure what method the Qalyana used, but it was likely in a similar fashion. The primal only has to be summoned once to corrupt something that can be used later to temper others.

RE: CLEARLY MARKED STORY SPOILERS 4.1 - Mermaid - 10-11-2017

I haven't been able to do it all yet because my friends want to get all the content unlocked first.

Show Content

RE: CLEARLY MARKED STORY SPOILERS 4.1 - Gegenji - 10-11-2017

This is just me but...

Show Content

RE: CLEARLY MARKED STORY SPOILERS 4.1 - Warren Castille - 10-11-2017

(10-11-2017, 10:12 PM)Gegenji Wrote: This is just me but...

Show Content

Show Content

RE: CLEARLY MARKED STORY SPOILERS 4.1 - Warren Castille - 10-11-2017

(10-11-2017, 09:53 PM)Mermaid Wrote: I haven't been able to do it all yet because my friends want to get all the content unlocked first.

Show Content

As a rule, I assume every likable ruffian who wants to help us is a fucking traitor we'll end up killing. Batman this shit: Have a plan to kill everyone around you!

RE: CLEARLY MARKED STORY SPOILERS 4.1 - Silmanos - 10-11-2017

Show Content

RE: CLEARLY MARKED STORY SPOILERS 4.1 - Valence - 10-12-2017

1) One year is definitely short, but it at least remains a certain time period. It didn't happen in a month, or a week. I would be annoyed with way less, but one year doesn't bother me too much. Nanamo still saying 5 years when it's obvious that the MSQ has dropped hints and facts in other lines that it's been a little more than 6 actually, is confusing. The hell Nanamo, learn your calendar. I mean, I can understand you got cloistered in your palace for so many cycles, but still...

2) Even without considering what Sounssy said above, who says that those resistance tempered souls were tempered recently? The resistance has been going on for 2 decades (although it got really meaningful only in the last 5 years considering how a joke it was in 1.0). It's also possible that the tempering goes rather deep, and has been there for a long time.

On the Saltery, if you pick up all the wrong answers before answering the correct one, the last choice you're given from what I saw from reddit screens is actually funny (unless those screens were faked, which is also a possibility):

1. "The Saltery"
2. "You really want me to say the Saltery, aren't you?"

Anyway, more seriously, and even if I chose Ala Ghanna myself first without thinking a bit more, because Ala Ghanna was said to be actually very profitable before the garlean invasion, there is a reasoning to be had. Ala Ghanna stopped being profitable when Garleans came and crushed the country, but also didn't kick back in because they generally are fonder of metallic alloys and cermet construction. Ala Ghanna's only choice was to export to other cities like Ul'dah or Ishgard, but the export costs were just too prohibitive to sustain.

That's also what Lolorito says when you mention Ala Ghanna (would cost more than the price of the stone itself). And the deal breaker here is that being profitable to Ala Migho AND Ul'dah both is mandatory.

Ala Ghiri has no real resource of economic value as far as I know. They used to have a chocobo relay and stables, and possibly other services, but otherwise no raw resource specific to their land.

RE: CLEARLY MARKED STORY SPOILERS 4.1 - Faye - 10-12-2017

Show Content

RE: CLEARLY MARKED STORY SPOILERS 4.1 - Ramen - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 04:41 AM)Faye Wrote:
Show Content

(10-11-2017, 10:12 PM)Gegenji Wrote: This is just me but...
... Also, was there any way we were supposed to know that the Saltery was the one to go with other than trial and error (though I loved the line at the end) and perhaps some knowledge of Lolorito's epicurean tendencies? Has it been so long that I've forgotten some bit of NPC conversation that mentions how valuable the Saltery was?
Show Content

Show Content

RE: CLEARLY MARKED STORY SPOILERS 4.1 - Gegenji - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 08:21 AM)Ramen Wrote:
Show Content
Show Content

RE: CLEARLY MARKED STORY SPOILERS 4.1 - Mermaid - 10-12-2017

(10-11-2017, 10:56 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 09:53 PM)Mermaid Wrote: I haven't been able to do it all yet because my friends want to get all the content unlocked first.

Show Content

As a rule, I assume every likable ruffian who wants to help us is a fucking traitor we'll end up killing. Batman this shit: Have a plan to kill everyone around you!

Whoa, put the kryptonite down. The writers let us have nice things sometimes.

RE: CLEARLY MARKED STORY SPOILERS 4.1 - Sounsyy - 10-12-2017

Ala Ghiri's primary export was Arak, however, the date trees needed to produce more arak are just now being replanted. So it'll be a few years before they become a major exporter. Other than that, Ala Ghiri was simply a waystation for trade with the Near East. Considering the land route is still under Garlean control, that business is dead.

Ala Ghana is the primary producer of stone, brick, quarrying, etc. While you've helped restimulate the quarrying there, they have very few workers currently and very little in the way of shelter to offer them (there's a quest where you're helping an old lady repair her dilapidated house). Their main use for that stone will be helping rebuild Ala Mhigo, which benefits Ul'dah little.

Which leaves the Saltery. There's not a lot to go on here. No quest helpers. Most of this relies on your knowledge of salt as a historical trade commodity and Lolorito's love of fine dining. A sightseeing vista mentions a duct which filtered salt from the water to make it potable (until Garlemald's magitek system made it obsolete), and there's a few item and fishing descriptions which talks about salt use and trade. On top of that, it's the only option not in a hamlet so more room for expansion, there are empty homes in disrepair in the area.

But really, the easiest way to guess the Saltery was by eliminating the first two options.

RE: CLEARLY MARKED STORY SPOILERS 4.1 - Wemrys - 10-12-2017

I think the writers over at SE are completely aware of how ridiculous the timey wimey stuff in XIV given how with the Hildy quest this happens...

Show Content

RE: CLEARLY MARKED STORY SPOILERS 4.1 - Gegenji - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 10:14 AM)Sounsyy Wrote: But really, the easiest way to guess the Saltery was by eliminating the first two options.

Ah, okay, good. I was worried I missed obvious clue or hint along the way. I mean, there obviously are clues, but they were a bit more nuanced than some obvious "PICK THIS ONE" indicator displayed somewhere.