Hydaelyn Role-Players
Calling all RP performers! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Calling all RP performers! (/showthread.php?tid=2076)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Calling all RP performers! - Kylin - 06-04-2013

For a long time now, I've considered trying to organize a weekly/biweekly Eorzean "soap opera" at the amphitheatre. A set of IC actors/actresses would play out overly dramatic storylines on stage in front of a live audience. ICly, everyone would assume there's a script written by someone. But OOCly, it would all be made up on the spot in order to avoid the stress of constantly creating a script for something that should be more fun than work. Not sure if this concept will take off or have interest, but thought I'd mention it since it could be right up the alley for this.

In other news, my comic relief character, Valina De'Vuri (and a couple other minor comic relief characters) tend to dabble in entertainment related matters.

RE: Calling all RP performers! - Ronberku - 06-04-2013

Interesting idea. You can count on Ronberku as a future loyal client to attend every event *insert foreboding sound*! Unfortunately, Ron is not much of a performer. (Unless he's so drunk that he starts a chippendale strip act...)

RE: Calling all RP performers! - Xenedra - 06-04-2013

Kaoru: Yes, you goofball! We do the things~

Kylin: I had a pretty similar idea a while back, though I never thought of it as a soap opera. That's a fun way to put it :>. Also gives me hope for interest~

EVERYONE!: I'm going out of town for two weeks in like.. 30 minutes, so if I don't check in, don't think this idea is going no where! If I can get my greedy hands on a computer, I will check in~

RE: Calling all RP performers! - Arlon - 06-04-2013

Uuvion will be a spectator in Soliloquy, when he isn't picking the lock after hours, of course.

RE: Calling all RP performers! - Lizzo - 06-04-2013

my alt Sigyn will definitely be interested in this, as an assistant in any capacity as well as a performer (though she is shy). Keep me updated Xen and I will OOCly love to aid in helping you write!

RE: Calling all RP performers! - Ciara Snow - 06-04-2013

im in!!! Big Grin just dont ask me who im  in on yet>< I should know where im going come this last beta^^

RE: Calling all RP performers! - Momo - 06-06-2013

Okay, well the twins will probably be into this, occasionally performing god knows whatever will get them some mention, maybe seedy or maybe traditional who knows (whatever makes their father and mentor roll their eyes and cough awkwardly)?  Of course you have to wait for the PS3 version to come out so I can play them both at the same time lol, but it will be worth the wait for certain! I can probably sneak one of them in to start with too.

Also, I am a writer, so sign me up to help out with the behind the scenes stuff, organizing, filler, dramaturge, and anything else you can come up with that needs some trimming and extra bits.  I would be willing to help out some even before I have characters in, so put me down and though I haven't been as active of late, when the game actually starts picking up, I plan on jumping back in full steam!

RE: Calling all RP performers! - Magellan - 06-12-2013

I'm actually leaning towards maining a playwright, so this sounds like a pretty snazzy fit ^^ the idea of putting on plays and shows is a good one! Hopefully i'll catch up with you when i finally get in the game!

RE: Calling all RP performers! - Xenedra - 06-12-2013

Yesss, it makes me giggly to see so many interested, and not just in acting, but in writing, too! I'm still out of town for about a week, but when I get back I'd like to have some kind of meeting with everyone. Maybe in skype or a random chatroom somewhere. Things I'd like to iron out will include the particular talents of everyone interested in joining, so that we can organize appropriate event types, as well as nailing down what sort of play we'd like to do for our first, since a majority seem interested in that.

Get your ideas together, everyone! I'll see you in a week!

RE: Calling all RP performers! - Nee Ninean - 06-12-2013

Lala are the best dancers of course Tongue . Before I started playing ff xiv, I played lineage ii, Every Tuesday they had the Wishing Well where people would tell stories, poems or sing. Something like that would be nice, kinda reminiscing now.

RE: Calling all RP performers! - Xenedra - 06-17-2013

I definitely want to have an event like this. RPing out dancing and singing can be more difficult to make interesting, but not impossible! I'm hoping we can accomplish this~ And storytelling always seems to be popular :>

RE: Calling all RP performers! - Aeiteil Strand - 06-18-2013

Count me in, I would love to play my harp for you all!

RE: Calling all RP performers! - Abaigeal - 06-18-2013

(06-17-2013, 02:11 PM)Xenedra Wrote: I definitely want to have an event like this. RPing out dancing and singing can be more difficult to make interesting, but not impossible! I'm hoping we can accomplish this~ And storytelling always seems to be popular :>

Pffftttt Woman This is easy!!! Tongue We do a lot of this in the Skype Chat.

RE: Calling all RP performers! - Tooplex - 06-18-2013

I too would love to join Soliloquy as well, Im not quite sure 100% on what my character will be doing (or even the name to be fair....) but you seem like a great bunch of peeps and Abaigeal has introduced me into the skype chat nicely. So I look forward to the future events you shall do Moogle

RE: Calling all RP performers! - Khaze'to Zhwan - 07-01-2013

Whilst Khaze'to might not be exactly what you call a performer (you really don't want to hear him sing) I think this is a fantastic idea, for some reason this side of things never even occurred to me, its brilliant Big Grin