Hydaelyn Role-Players
Howdy!(Jenova/Mateus) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Howdy!(Jenova/Mateus) (/showthread.php?tid=20834)

Howdy!(Jenova/Mateus) - Gunnerstrip7 - 10-27-2017

Heya, I'm terrible with introducing myself so I'll try to follow the format that was recommended in the stickies:

I've been playing MMORPGs for years now. I believe I started when I was a kid, playing games like Toontown and Fusion Fall as they came and went. As I got older my first 'serious' MMO was SWTOR back in the days before EA drove out expansions and streamlined the classes. Then, WoW took hold of me and did so for a while. I played with friends around Mists of Pandaria and later Legion. Only recently did a friend of mine fully convince me to step into Eorzea. I had plans to roleplay, if I liked the game, and joined Jenova. My character on there was at first an Elezen, later fantasia'd into an Au-Ra at the end of ARR. It was around then(A scant few days ago, actually) that I really got the itch to RP. There was only one real problem...

RP on Jenova is either very hard to find, or almost non-existent. The people are nice and the XP bonus is certainly good for checking out various classes and leveling, but it didn't scratch the urge I had to develop a character and tell a story. I heard Mateus was a good RP server, so I made an alt just today to check it out. I didn't get very far before the emergency maintenance started and I had to get off. However, through google-searching, I found this place and decided it'd be a good a place as any to poke around and get a feel for the RP community on FFXIV. So far, I haven't been disappointed.

In terms of RP experience, I've been RPing since roughly 2010. In terms of MMO RPing, I've only ever really done it once before, on SWTOR years ago, as WoW is very hard to pin-down when it comes to roleplay. 

My characters are Parcemal Evereux, former Elezen turned Xaela Au-Ra who I have yet to name change, and  Kaede Yuzuki, Raen Au-Ra. Parcemal has no real set class or backstory, given that I've been using him to more learn the game and classes rather than building a set character. Kaede I've built so far as someone who left her people in-search of Adventure, and eventually ended up in Eorzea just prior to the Doman Refugees filled into the city-states. Beyond that, I have no clue what her class for roleplay and gameplay will be. Although I'm partial to making her either a Scholar, a Red Mage, or a Samurai.

I'm a heavy RPer, I love crafting stories and building characters, and although I won't treat everything I do as in-character, I try to be ready to RP whenever someone else wants to.

Real life? Well, I'm a nineteen-year-old guy, living in good old Central Standard Time. Currently looking for a job and spending time not spent applying to jobs playing FFXIV and talking to friends. Nothing really interesting, to be honest. 

Well, this ended up being longer than I expected... Sorry about that! 

TL;DR: Roleplayer who recently made a Mateus-alt to check it out, working on character ideas and looking to make connections with fellow RP Hobbyists. 

RE: Howdy!(Jenova/Mateus) - Libbybleu - 10-27-2017

Hey there! 

Welcome to Mateus RP! I'm Libby, and I also recently started up on Mateus (was previously on Adamantoise but learned at the beginning of this week that there were other places to RP besides the inaccessible Balmung)! I have yet to actively RP there, been doing the story/level grind jig, but so far everyone has been super nice! I highly recommend joining the Mateus RP Discord Server if you haven't already, as the people there are kind and a wonderful resource! 

Your characters seem absolutely lovely! If you're ever wanting to meet up in-game for RP or anything, feel free to send me a tell! My character in-game is Luhxe Fashonti, an eccentric and bubbly Miqo'te Keeper Thaumaturge. I'm sure she'd love to meet your character~

I hope your night goes well and feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat ^^

RE: Howdy!(Jenova/Mateus) - Gunnerstrip7 - 10-27-2017

(10-27-2017, 05:22 AM)Libbybleu Wrote: Hey there! 

Welcome to Mateus RP! I'm Libby, and I also recently started up on Mateus (was previously on Adamantoise but learned at the beginning of this week that there were other places to RP besides the inaccessible Balmung)! I have yet to actively RP there, been doing the story/level grind jig, but so far everyone has been super nice! I highly recommend joining the Mateus RP Discord Server if you haven't already, as the people there are kind and a wonderful resource! 

Your characters seem absolutely lovely! If you're ever wanting to meet up in-game for RP or anything, feel free to send me a tell! My character in-game is Luhxe Fashonti, an eccentric and bubbly Miqo'te Keeper Thaumaturge. I'm sure she'd love to meet your character~

I hope your night goes well and feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat ^^

Ah, I didn't know there was a discord! I'll be sure to join it. Once I make sure what my character will be what I think she will be, I'll try to contact you! I don't want to waste anyones' time by being fickle after all

RE: Howdy!(Jenova/Mateus) - Mermaid - 10-27-2017

There is RP on Jenova. A friend of mine was complaining about RPers in the Quicksand a couple hours before the servers went down. There is significantly less of it there though so you have to know were to look. Try making a party finder listing saying you're looking for RP linkshells and FCs.

I do know of a couple RP FCs and you can find their Lodestone pages over here:
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/freecompany/9229001536388993432/
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/freecompany/9229001536389030067/
If you're interested, try getting in touch with their officers and asking how to join.

If you're not interested in a small RP community or you're like me and want to separate the character you play around with from the character you RP as then Mateus is a good place to be. Thumbsup

RE: Howdy!(Jenova/Mateus) - PSDuckie - 10-27-2017

Welcome to Mateus RP!  I hope you end up enjoying it as much as I do!

I'd be glad to have one of my characters meet your characters!  Also (shameless plug here), I am the leader of a small adventuring FC called Starlight Company.  Since Kaede is searching for adventure, maybe that could be a fit?  Let me know if you want to know more or if you want to join!

RE: Howdy!(Jenova/Mateus) - Aliona Inna - 12-06-2017

Hey there! My name is Aliona! A bit late to the party I know. x3

If you'd ever like to check out some of the RP community on Jenova we'd be more than happy to help you out! There are a few RP linkshells out and about on the server, the one that our company booted up called the Jenova Rp Connection! 

It's a PG-13 OOC linkshell that we use to hang out, coordinate RP and link up with other companies and individuals in the community.

Some in game contacts for this shell are Nyx Astra , Xhera Zerick , Aliona Inna , Bhayaar Qestir and Moira Xanaha.

I'll also be around on here if you'd ever like to send a DM! Wishing you all the best!