Hydaelyn Role-Players
A Very Merry Starlight Singing Telegram Service (Dec 7th - 10th) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: A Very Merry Starlight Singing Telegram Service (Dec 7th - 10th) (/showthread.php?tid=20957)

A Very Merry Starlight Singing Telegram Service (Dec 7th - 10th) - Staccato - 11-16-2017

[Copies of the same posting appear throughout the EorzeanCity states as well as Kugane, each decorated with snowmen, starlight trees and various other festive decorations.]

"To those intrepid adventurers, the brave and heroic of Eorzea, Hingashi, Othard, and Elsewhere, I call upon each of you to take the opportunity this Starlight to be a hero through sharing in the joy of song.

While many of us can look forward to a very merry Starlight celebration, there are some who may not be as lucky.   Ispeak primarily to the plight of so many of children of Eorzea, as well as the recently liberated regions within Gyr Abania and Othard.  Some of these children are suffering through illness, such as those who currently reside in the children's ward of Frondale’s Phrontistery.   Others, such as the children of the Brume go days without a meal, let alone hope for warm clothing or a toy to bring them joy at Starlight.  And finally, after recent events throughout Hydaelyn, there are so many children who have now lost one or both parents in the conflicts of Doma or Gyr Abania, may find themselves with heartbreak instead of joy.

While we may not be able to make sick children well, raise every child out of the Brume, or bring back lost loved ones, there are some things that we CAN do.

We can bring to these children clothing, toys, and a Starlight feast.   We can help bring to these children the very thing that the Smilebringers first intended to bring to the children of Eorzea – hope.

However, clothing, toys, feasts – these things cost gil, asany Monetarist would be quick to remind you. 

And so I bring to you, those who are musically inclined andthose who are not, a proposal:
I, Dylan Thorne, introduce to you…

A VERY Merry Starlight 
Singing Telegram Service

(All proceeds to go to children in need)

What’s involved?  Why,I’m so glad you asked!  The Very Merry Starlight Singing Telegram Service would be a service provided by the amazing and incredible bards, troubadours, and songbirds of Eorzea who would be so kind as to volunteer their time and talents to singing to the lucky loved one of your choice!  There would be no set fee involved, but donations of any amount would be welcome, including not only gil, but food, clothing and toys to be shared with those children in need. 

If you are interested in this service, either as a customer desiring to hire the Very Merry Starlight Singing Telegram Service, or as a performer who wishes to donate their time, please contact by postmoogle, Dylan Thorne, care of the Carline Canopy, Gridania. 
 Please kindly send all notes ofinterest by the first day of the next moon.

With a Starlight Smile,

Dylan Thorne”

-- OOC Information --

This was just a silly idea that I thought would help enhance the 'holiday spirit' within our RP community.  No gil would be exchanged and would be RP only.  

Look at this as an opportunity to show your in game friends how much they mean to you or just as an opportunity for public (and good natured) IC embarrassment! That said, please don't use this as a means to harass anyone.  Don't be the reason why we can't have nice things.

To register your interest in this event, please use the appropriate form below! 

For people wishing to 'Hire' a telegram, use this form.

For people wishing to sing telegrams, use this form.

Once all information has been received by December 1st, I will match performers with customers so that a time, date and place for the telegram delivery can be arranged!

-- Telegrams to be 'Delivered' December 7th through December 10th --

RE: A Very Merry Starlight Singing Telegram Service (Dec 7th - 10th) - Staccato - 11-19-2017

Thank you to those who have already signed up for the singing telegram service or as a volunteer!  However, we still have many more slots available for Starlight Cheer to be delivered via song, so please, don't hesitate to sign up! Also, if you have already requested a telegram, please know that you can request more than one!

RE: A Very Merry Starlight Singing Telegram Service (Dec 7th - 10th) - Staccato - 11-22-2017

Also, there's one more thing I'd like to add: 

As an extension of my character's efforts to raise money for the sick children of Ul'dah, I have decided mirror my character's efforts and use this little event to help children outside of the game as well! 

For every unique registrant that requests a telegram I will donate 5 dollars to the MuseCast XIV Extra Life fundraising campaign, up to a total of 200 dollars!  

Just to be perfectly clear - by no means is anyone else required to make a donation, this is all money out of MY pocket!

RE: A Very Merry Starlight Singing Telegram Service (Dec 7th - 10th) - Staccato - 11-27-2017

As a reminder, if you intend to request a Starlight Singing Telegram, PLEASE have your requests made by December 1st using the form in the original post!

RE: A Very Merry Starlight Singing Telegram Service (Dec 7th - 10th) - Staccato - 12-01-2017

Tomorrow is the VERY last day for making Starlight Singing Telegram Requests!  Right now I'm up to 12 requests and 7 awesome volunteers who will be matched up to deliver these request to your person of choice.  That means, at this moment I'll only be donating $60 to Extra Life!  

Want to make me donate more?  Then I'll need more requests!  Remember, every new request means another $5 donation, up to a total of $200 dollars max.

Unsure of what song you'd like to request?  Feel free to send me a PM and I'll be happy to help!

RE: A Very Merry Starlight Singing Telegram Service (Dec 7th - 10th) - Staccato - 12-02-2017

Thank you to everyone who submitted a request for a telegram or volunteered to deliver telegrams!  I'll be reaching out to our volunteers over the weekend to make arrangements for telegram delivery over the weekend of December 8-10th!

HAPPY STARLIGHT!

RE: A Very Merry Starlight Singing Telegram Service (Dec 7th - 10th) - Staccato - 12-07-2017

Just to let all requestors know - Telegrams will be delivered over the next week due to the high volume of events this weekend and as many of our volunteers are involved in said events.  

I apologize for the delay.

Thank you!

RE: A Very Merry Starlight Singing Telegram Service (Dec 7th - 10th) - Serenity - 12-11-2017

What happens if the request can't be done?

RE: A Very Merry Starlight Singing Telegram Service (Dec 7th - 10th) - Staccato - 12-12-2017

If a request cannot be completed, we can always redirect the telegram request to a different recipient or save it for a later date or in game holiday, such as Valentionne's day.

RE: A Very Merry Starlight Singing Telegram Service (Dec 7th - 10th) - Staccato - 12-16-2017

As an update for any requestors with telegrams still pending delivery - our volunteers are still working to deliver all requested telegrams!  If you have a question or concern about your telegram delivery, please feel free to contact me in game or on discord ( Dylan Thorne#2556 ) so we can better coordinate delivery.  

Also, just to let everyone know, as promised, I have donated 5 dollars for every telegram requested through the Very Merry Starlight Telegrams service, as well as a little extra, for a total of 100 dollars!  I will be doing this event again around Valentines (Valentoinne's?!) Day with a few modifications to make telegram request and delivery more efficient.  Once I have that information prepared, I will make another post.  

Thank you everyone who requested and volunteered for this event.  It is greatly appreciated!