Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Omega] New Starter Enquiry(-ies) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: [Omega] New Starter Enquiry(-ies) (/showthread.php?tid=21104)

[Omega] New Starter Enquiry(-ies) - Garth - 12-13-2017

Hello, guys!

Returning EU roleplayer here who's hoping to get the figurative "lowdown" on Omega's roleplaying scene. Currently levelling a Highlander on said server and very excited to get back into roleplaying, but having been gone for so long my networking is a little dry (read: non-existant).

So! Omega dwellers, I would very much appreciate it if you'd humour me and answer some questions that I have starting out!

1. a) What is the most active linkshell for roleplay on the server? I have read the Omega linkshell page and noted five? I think. My memory is terrible. Which one of these do people reckon would be best for a newbie to start networking?

b) Any recommendations on who to contact in said linkshells would be greatly appreciated, though not mandatory. Smile

2. Is there a most populated city-state for roleplaying? I've always had a love affair with Limsa Lominsa, but am more than willing to re-locate if hubs are elsewhere.

3. Are there many different types of roleplay on the server? By this I mean civilian, criminal, military, hybrid, etc. Just trying to get a gauge on the environment!

I'm intending on roleplaying Garth as either an archer or a blacksmith, depending on where roleplaying hubs are, etc. He's still very much in development and a bit of a blank slate RP-wise. Though, if you ever want to dungeon together in the future, he shall be SMN/SCH/BRD for PvE purposes! (Love my book-wielding madmen.)

Hope to roleplay with you all soon and look forward to any replies!
May you walk in the light of the crystal.

Garth

RE: [Omega] New Starter Enquiry(-ies) - Skae - 12-13-2017

(12-13-2017, 04:53 PM)Garth Wrote: Hello, guys!

Returning EU roleplayer here who's hoping to get the figurative "lowdown" on Omega's roleplaying scene. Currently levelling a Highlander on said server and very excited to get back into roleplaying, but having been gone for so long my networking is a little dry (read: non-existant).

So! Omega dwellers, I would very much appreciate it if you'd humour me and answer some questions that I have starting out!

1. a) What is the most active linkshell for roleplay on the server? I have read the Omega linkshell page and noted five? I think. My memory is terrible. Which one of these do people reckon would be best for a newbie to start networking?

b) Any recommendations on who to contact in said linkshells would be greatly appreciated, though not mandatory. Smile

2. Is there a most populated city-state for roleplaying? I've always had a love affair with Limsa Lominsa, but am more than willing to re-locate if hubs are elsewhere.

3. Are there many different types of roleplay on the server? By this I mean civilian, criminal, military, hybrid, etc. Just trying to get a gauge on the environment!

I'm intending on roleplaying Garth as either an archer or a blacksmith, depending on where roleplaying hubs are, etc. He's still very much in development and a bit of a blank slate RP-wise. Though, if you ever want to dungeon together in the future, he shall be SMN/SCH/BRD for PvE purposes! (Love my book-wielding madmen.)

Hope to roleplay with you all soon and look forward to any replies!
May you walk in the light of the crystal.

Garth

The RP network LS http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=21046 is a good place for general RP contacts. The Discord mentioned on that page is also very useful to join.

RE: [Omega] New Starter Enquiry(-ies) - Tla - 12-14-2017

Heya! 
You've already been answered about the LS and pointed to the discord, but for the rest:

2- Right now there's no "most populated hub" afaik. Most open world rp right now follows the Tavern Roulette, which is three times a week and every time in a different place.

3- Indeed, there are even FCs specilized in those things. For instance a criminal one, a merchant/trading one, a military one, an adventurers one etc. From what I've seen characters are of all kinda really.

Hope to see you soon in game and on Discord!

RE: [Omega] New Starter Enquiry(-ies) - Garth - 12-14-2017

Ah, excellent! Thanks a lot, guys. I'll set about joining the linkshell and Discord tonight. Look forward to seeing you in-game! Moogle