Hydaelyn Role-Players
LF Forum RP with you! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: LF Forum RP with you! (/showthread.php?tid=21156)

LF Forum RP with you! - Nero - 12-27-2017

Yo!

So with my schedule being a little (okay, very) unreliable and with alts being a real pain to maintain, in-game RP is sort of a no-go for me. But that's okay, because who roleplays in MMOs anyway, right!?

So, I'm dropping this line to see if there's anybody interested in some extended forum RP, either through threads or PMs. I'm also open to using Discord, and trying any mediums that might be convenient for you.

Anyway, since forum RP is much more flexible than in-game, I'm open to a variety of interactions. For example, if you want to RP something from your character's backstory, I can come up with NPCs and such and we can do some dynamic collaboration. Or, if you want to give them some contacts or acquaintances then we can hash something out. I also do have a few static, established characters, and am willing to make new ones as the circumstances may demand.

Activity-wise, I check the forums twice a day and will generally respond within the same day. It's unusual to have to wait more than a day for a response from me. Of course, I don't expect everyone to maintain such a rigorous response rate, but I do appreciate warnings ahead of time if you feel that a response may be late.

Also, I'm ditch-friendly. I can take a hint.

Writing samples can be found by looking through my posts, but if you're feeling a tad too lazy, here are some quick links. Some of them are a year old or older, but my writing style really hasn't changed in the past 5-ish years so they're still indicative of my current writing style.

[1][2][3]

Feel free to post or send me a PM if you have questions or ideas or inquiries! Alternatively, you can contact my Discord at Zero#9707.

RE: LF Forum RP with you! - Parvacake - 12-28-2017

Tossing you a friend request over discord to pow-wow there since it's faster to communicate with! Smile

RE: LF Forum RP with you! - Mermaid - 12-28-2017

I'm always happy to do out of game stuff. My schedule keeps me from meeting up with people a lot. Dazed

RE: LF Forum RP with you! - Astral Seraph - 12-28-2017

Hi, I'm going to add you on Discord, I'd love to talk RP with you!

RE: LF Forum RP with you! - Valence - 12-28-2017

Hi, that's interesting, what kind of RP are you usually into?

RE: LF Forum RP with you! - Nero - 12-28-2017

Hmm, I think everyone has different ideas of what kinds of RP exist, but I'll try to answer that question as best I can.

In general, the RP I prefer to write is based around events or scenarios; I enjoy setting up characters to conflict with one another. For long RP, I try to arrange a sequence of events to form a plot, depending on my partner(s).

I'm okay with romance and drama. I'm rough around the edges with slice-of-life, but willing to try.

RE: LF Forum RP with you! - Bishido - 12-28-2017

I'm glad Valence asked that, I had been writing up a short PM to ask something similar myself! Mostly because I always try to learn about what my RP partner enjoys writing, so we can hopefully create a storyline that satisfies all parties.

Would definitely be interested in talking over some RP ideas with you whenever you have a little less on your plate! I'll add you to Discord when I'm back at the computer!

Happy writing!

RE: LF Forum RP with you! - Kallera - 12-28-2017

I'd be interested in discussing some potential starting points for RP. I have a certain character in mind that I'd be willing to discuss in PM, but if you want I can stick with Kallera instead.

RE: LF Forum RP with you! - Nero - 12-28-2017

(12-28-2017, 01:43 PM)Kallera Wrote: I'd be interested in discussing some potential starting points for RP. I have a certain character in mind that I'd be willing to discuss in PM, but if you want I can stick with Kallera instead.

Sure! Feel free to send over your ideas and I'd be happy to brainstorm with you. My only preference is that you play the character you want to play. Big Grin

RE: LF Forum RP with you! - Nero - 01-22-2018

Still available and still looking for heads to bounce off of!