Hydaelyn Role-Players
New to the world of Eorzea - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New to the world of Eorzea (/showthread.php?tid=21291)

New to the world of Eorzea - Azrafox - 01-24-2018

Hello fellow travelers! 

I just wanted to drop by and introduce myself. I haven't played a major MMO in a while but I wanted to re-kindle the social aspect of playing. FFXIV is something I have not tried before but have had it recommended by several people - I am also a massive Final Fantasy fan and the world, characters and setting looks right up my alley.

My character in game is known as Azra Korita - a male Miqo'te who opted to learn the way of the lance. I'm going to start playing the game tonight (GMT) alongside one of my friends in RL.

The reason I'm here is because I love the idea of social roleplay as I journey through the world. Obviously as a newbie I'm not looking for extremely lore-heavy RP, but I'm reaching out to hopefully find people to make friends with, party with, and learn more about. Azra's own backstory is a blank slate right now, but who knows what you may learn about him down the line if paths cross!

Long story short, please feel free to PM me on here or add me in-game if you ever want to chat or party - I'd love to meet new people on my journey. I'm also open to specific in-game roleplays, relationships and rivalries, whatever floats your boat.

On a side note, if anyone has suggestions for a good server to join (I haven't decided yet) then please let me know. I hear Balmung is the go-to server for roleplay, but also that it is often full and can be quite intimidating for new players. I'm also based in Europe, so an EU server would be preferable. Thoughts greatly appreciated!

See you all on the other side ~

Chocobo

RE: New to the world of Eorzea - Skae - 01-24-2018

Balmung is the main roleplay server but it is not merely full, it is overfull.
Due to overpoulation it has been completely locked for some time now and will remain so until further notice. This means that if you aren't already there you can't get in.

Luckily there are alternatives.
Mateus has sailed up as the main other RP server. Just like Balmung it is part of the Aether datacentre which is intended for, and mainly inhabited by, Americans.

For us Europeans the go-to RP server is Omega. Not quite as big and busy as Balmung or Mateus, but you can still find plenty of RP there, and most events happen during EU-friendly times.

For both Mateus and Omega much of the RP discussion and event announcements etc. happen on Discord, so they are more active than it would seem from just looking at this site.
For Omega see this thread: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=21046 for more information on that.

Small RP communities can also be found on many other servers, but the three I listed above (Balmung, Mateus, and Omega) are currently the unofficial RP servers.

RE: New to the world of Eorzea - JudicialHunter - 01-24-2018

Welcome to the RPC!

It's good to see new faces around here. As stated earlier, the largest RP server at present is Balmung, but that's been locked for an indeterminate amount of time. Great alternatives have already been listed, so I won't bother with that. Smile

If you're ever unable to play, Discord is turning into a fairly common RP spot from what I've seen, so it's worth your while to share it with those you want to RP with if you can't log in too often (like me).

Again, welcome, and we're glad to have you! \o/

RE: New to the world of Eorzea - Azrafox - 01-24-2018

Thanks guys for the welcoming and informative replies! Sounds like Omega is the server for me - looking forward to getting stuck in later this evening.

For those interested in adding me on Discord, my Discord name is Azrafox#6306.

Cheers!