Hydaelyn Role-Players
Garlean Profile - WIP! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Garlean Profile - WIP! (/showthread.php?tid=21297)

Garlean Profile - WIP! - DanteScaeva - 01-25-2018

I haven’t been back to FFXIV in a very long time and with how things are at the moment I would like to try it once again and I would love to jump back into the world of roleplaying and I’ve always wanted to do this idea but never got round to actually doing so.

Mostly because I don’t really know how popular it is, nor do I know anyone personally that does it; however my history and knowledge of the area does slack somewhat so not everything is perfect and such; I mean after all it is a work in progress and some areas do need more work than others.

So if you like what you read and would wish to help in anyway shape or form that would be wonderful and I hope you like what I have so far! Just a heads up, the history is pretty long so far.

What am I looking for? I'm looking at making connections with other Garleans.
Possible future family members for plot so this also means possible last names, Free Company and whatever else, anything that'll help me in the general direction!

Name: Dante, (Last Name)
Title: (Undecided)

Appearance

Dante measures in at 5ft 11' just under 180cm, being no stranger to hard work, his experiences have earned him a well built, slim-lean physique with notably broad shoulders. From his youth, he's sported fair skin and very dull brown hair that tapers and mixes in with shades of grey, in which the fringe can sometimes sweep across his face and the locks fall just below his shoulders at the back and sides looking very scruffy. Dantes facial features are slim and unmarred outside of the very brisk and light stubble that forms along with the lightly darkened bags under his grey-blue eyes.

Personality
Dante is rather indifferent in most situations, regardless of feeling pain or joy he is shown to be emotionless and rather oblivious to other peoples feelings which causes trouble for him to form connections due to the fact he chooses to keep his distance; despite having little emotion on display behind the mask he does care for certain people around him even to the point where he is willing to risk his own safety for them.

His considerable shrewdness makes him quite capable of reading people and situations in order to manipulate them to his liking. He is particularly observant, taking into consideration even the smallest details of his surroundings in order to better understand and deal with challenges in his daily life.

However there is yet another side to his personality which is very cold, callous, aloof and brooding. even sadistic where he is wiling to harm both his comrades and enemies which ever decide to get in his way. This cold demeanor allows him to stay completely calm and in control in most situations, and he is not easily surprised or caught off-guard.

History
Born on the second day of the eleventh moon, Dante was born into this world on within Garlemald however it wasn’t a normal birth like one would expect as he was soon left and abandoned for reasons still unknown to him this day; he appeared to be very sickly yet somehow he persisted and cheated death with his spirit alone which was seen as a miracle in the eyes of those who brought him in from his fate. Growing up Dante was constantly teased and bullied for his appearance because of the third eye marked upon his forehead, the fact that a pure-blooded child was abandoned with no idea whom his actual parents might be yet Dante simply kept telling himself that they were coming for him, that they simply left him there because they couldn’t handle the situation and was a very forgiving boy. 

Continuing on with his childhood Spirit took in the admiration of the military and the technological advances which he saw and made the choice to look up to them and wondering if his parents had anything to do with the military or in that area of work, was it war that had broke them apart in the first place and that’s why he was here? Regardless Dante still made the choice to be fascinated by the power of the military and technology yet had no idea if he would be even capable of doing such things upon growing older; Dante would then continue to stray off the path of a normal childhood and began studying and learning what he could about the military and engineering.

One day during an outing during his early teenage years with the goal of being in the military within mind, it was soon knowledge that was passed around the others his age of what his goals were who continued to try and put him down which Dante wanted to ignore but the bullying would continue making his goal seem like a joke and all that more unbearable for Dante and that’s when it finally happened as Dante finally snapped from being this forgiving young man to the person he is now.

Dante was screaming and crying with anger unable to take the abuse but all of this came at a price and a heavy one at that as the other kids hid in fear of what they’ve done as they paid the violent price yet this was all short lived as he was then later dragged away from what he had down while now in a seemingly emotionless state but the tears were still streaming down the young boys cheeks. 

After the situation was over and dealt with, Dante was isolated, the bullying had stopped, it was quiet but now he was left all alone, he had no admiration for the people around him nor those that he saw within the military. Dante simply didn’t care anymore as his actions that day cost him dearly yet news travels and interest was taken on him from there on-wards. Dante was then later picked up by military officials after learning of the incident and the harm done to others, with much persuasion and reasoning the introverted young man didn’t wish to give up on his dreams entirely which then lead to some unfortunate circumstances.

The young man was introduced to imperial scientists under military conditions which had lead to the most painful moments in the young mans life so far; Dante wouldn’t be missed if anything had happened to him, if something went wrong and it costed him his life, the world would go on as if he didn’t exist. The torture of going under the process of becoming what was called a “Resonant” was not highly practiced and wasn’t very heard off due to how dangerous and costly it was but Dante had no desire to give up on what he wanted.

RE: Garlean Profile - WIP! - DanteScaeva - 01-27-2018

Just gonna give this a cheeky little bump!
Still looking for connections, help, family members, plot, anything of the sort to go towards his creation!