Hydaelyn Role-Players
Linkshell Section Feedback - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Linkshell Section Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=217)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Linkshell Section Feedback - Kylin - 07-11-2010

Hi guys. I'€™ve started working on the main site'€™s Linkshell/Guild section today, though mostly just brainstorming and whatnot. I wanted to gather some feedback before continuing with any finalized plans though. None of this is actually on the main site yet. So let's start the walkthrough!

After clicking on the Linskhell tab, you'€™ll be taken to the linkshell selection menu. It'€™ll be much cleaner than what I'€™m about to display and will be spread out across various pages. Guilds will be listed in alphabetical order most likely. Please click on the spoiler below to get a general idea of what it would sort of look like.

Show Content

As you can see, there's a picture to the left of each guild name. This will be the button to that group's RPC page. The button will be exactly 80x80 pixels and should be the group's emblem, symbol, or whatever else best represents them. Guilds can get started on this button now if they'd like. It can be of your own artistic design or just some random image pulled from the Internet if you'€™re lacking graphical artists.

After selecting a guild, you'€™ll be taken to that guild'€™s page. Click the spoiler below to see that. The purple text are notes to help walk you through what's what. The text fonts and locations of everything are not finalized.

Show Content

As you can see, you'€™ll have the guild name along with the basic info on one page. This info will be taken directly from the group'€™s Guild Hall thread. On the other page will be a semi-large picture (in game group shot of the guild). Under that will be subsections for the guild. The first, Description, will be the IC teaser seen on the current teaser site. Rules will lead to the subsection that lists the guild'€™s rules, taken directly from the Administration Center. The third subsection, Relics, is still up in the air. It'€™s mostly a placeholder. I'm not sure what else should be provided for the role-players who are hunting for the right guild. The idea behind the relics subsection was to provide historical items (artifacts, important equipment, letters, etc) that would detail the group'€™s journeys but not sure if that'€™s a good idea or not.

Any feedback, whether positive or constructive, is welcome.

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Soren Miren - 07-11-2010

I'm loving the look of it, and can't really think of anywhere to nitpick.

I will however curse and rue you for leaving me to do more image-work after I just spent a few painstaking hours extracting the images of Soren and Fyrian for new signatures D:

*scurries off to construct an emblem*

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Zhavi - 07-11-2010

Ho man, this is impressive.

I like everything. I also like the idea of 'relics' in the sense of IC bits and bobs to help give potential recruits an idea of who and what comprises the LS. I'd say leave it up to each individual LS on how they want to configure that, so they can strut their stuff in their own unique ways.

Man, I can't wait!

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Kylin - 07-11-2010

Quote:I will however curse and rue you for leaving me to do more image-work after I just spent a few painstaking hours extracting the images of Soren and Fyrian for new signatures D:

Haha, don't worry about rushing it Laugh . I'm hoping to have the section ready to go no later than mid August so you have time. Also, those who do not submit an icon due to whatever reason will have a placeholder image of some sort (probably the one you see now in the selection list) instead until they wish to submit something different.

Another idea I wanted to mention about the guild selection menu was categorization. Instead of listing them in alphabetical order, another option would be to categorize guilds by their RP style. Users could click on light, casual, moderate, or heavy and then the list of guilds that fall under that category would be shown. This would probably make it much easier to navigate since most new RPers already know what exact style they'll be going for. The issue with this is the guilds that may categorize themselves as "light-casual" or "moderate-heavy." What category would I place them under? >.>

Also, the icons for the subsections (description, rules, relics) will change just so you know. I'll have to find more appropriate images.

Final note and then I'll shut up: This is based on Keir's original design for the Lore section. I've adapted it to go with the Linkshell section though.

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Siben - 07-11-2010

Not bad. Don't forget to add a navigation button set once they actually go click on a link shell so people can "thumb through" the pages and/or return back to the main listing.

Will LS' be able to send you a logo for the main listing section or are you going to keep it straight up text?

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Kashemia - 07-11-2010

Looks great! Maybe we should get some info jotted down on Baltazar's Favor so we can get in it too ^^

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Renaise - 07-11-2010

Nice Smile Ill get to work on an logo Tongue

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - ArmachiA - 07-11-2010

hmmm we have two but I don't think either are small enough

Forum header:
[Image: 74071903.jpg]
(By: Lloire)

website header:
[Image: headeryk.jpg]
(by: Tyme)

Gonna have to come up with something smaller?

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Kylin - 07-11-2010

Quote:Will LS' be able to send you a logo for the main listing section or are you going to keep it straight up text?

Simple text with the image on the side would be much easier to deal with and keep everything looking neat.

And yeah, those two banners are way too big Laugh . Just need a square image of 80x80 pixels.

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Tyme - 07-11-2010

Don't worry ArmachiA, I can make something no problem!
~scurries off to work~

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Siben - 07-11-2010

[attachment=0]

Like that?

Also, just a suggestion for a small logo.

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Doktor_Ljubavi - 07-11-2010

Tyme Wrote:Don't worry ArmachiA, I can make something no problem!
~scurries off to work~
Would you have the Tyme to do all that?

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - ArmachiA - 07-12-2010

^[Image: emotrimshot.gif]

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Tyme - 07-12-2010

Sent the image to your email ArmachiA, make sure to check it...

And yea, I have plenty of Tyme Laugh

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Tyme - 07-12-2010

Changed the icon a little so just decided to upload it here... easier...

Edit: Is it just me, or does it remind you of the Breath of Fire 3 icon?