Hydaelyn Role-Players
Inja Dehqon's Directory - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Inja Dehqon's Directory (/showthread.php?tid=2202)

Inja Dehqon's Directory - Dehqon - 06-16-2013

I. Basic Info

• Characters:To be anounced beyond Inja

• Primary character:Inja Dehqon

• Linkshells:Looking for one

• Primary RP linkshell:

II. RP Style

• Amount of RP:
    Medium. I don't RP out each and every little detail of my character's life and turning every little accident while adventuring into some sort of personally devastating event. I also try to spend more IC time in the big wide world rather than being huddled in a tavern and bored out of my mind. Mostly it boils down to how open the RP community is.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    Consent should be given before the fight begins, and strict limits about how serious the injury can be, then no pushing that limit even if it's for dramatic effect or "giving a lesson".
  • My preferred method of dealing with an RP fight that comes to physical blows is to use the /roll system if there is one. Relying on duels takes the fun and balance out of the fight if one person has gathered the best PvP gear and min/maxxed their character into near godhood. That kind of situation would give the PvPer all the "authority" they need to pick fights with everyone and then duel them, knowing full well they'd win with no effort.
  • Flat out killing a PC makes me wary because there's too great a likelihood that the person doing the killing is just having a bad day OOCly and overreacting, or acting on bad information. If the player doesn't have a way to bring the character back from the dead, and it's one they spent a great deal of time developing, that's a major discouragement from RPing.

• Views on IC romance:
    This is a complicated subject, since there are different opinions for different situations.
  • On the one hand, spending time with people your character gets along well with can easily lead to romantic interest. If this process takes place over the course of at least a month at the very least, then the players/characters can find and hopefully smooth out rough patches while deciding if it's really something they're willing to do.
  • On the other hand, I've seen all too often where the romance/relationship becomes the only defining aspect of the character. They won't go anywhere or talk to anyone unless their partner is present, and even then they'd spend the time talking about their partner if they're not giving others the cold shoulder.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    It's a great idea to have a network of friends, family, and co-workers even if they're only NPCs. It makes for a much more interesting character if they can give names to the people in their past that shaped who they are now, even though it's entirely possible that a character simply doesn't want to talk about people in their past if they even remember the name and face.

• Views on lore:
    Lore is very important because it acts as a frame for everything else to be built on. If the lore flat out states that the gods have a very direct presence in the world, why would there be people who try to disprove their existence? If the lore says that one race absolutely despises another, why would it be so common for the two to get along?
  • This doesn't mean that everyone has to be a clone of NPCs in all but name and face, but it's definitely something to consider if you want to make a character that's different. What could possibly get them to go against something so entwined with society?

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    Spatial channels (/say and /emote) should be IC as much as possible. Zone or global channels are more for OOC since not everyone who uses them may roleplay at all. Party, Linkshell, and tells are a mixed bag depending on what everyone agrees to, but I treat them all as OOC unless otherwise stated. In fact, I avoid using private channels for RP because it causes segregation, secrecy, and the impression (for new people at least) that nobody actually roleplays.

III. Other Info

• Timezone:TEXT HERE

• Contact info:Steam and Skype are reliable ways to get in touch with me.

~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~

I don't know why that all got screwed up, and I can't delete it to try again.

RE: Inja Dehqon's Directory - Dehqon - 06-21-2013

It looks like the format got sorted out, so I expanded a bit now that I could actually see how it looks.