Hydaelyn Role-Players
Sketchy stuff - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Sketchy stuff (/showthread.php?tid=228)

Sketchy stuff - Kashemia - 07-13-2010

Seraj as I imagine she will look, more or less.

The style is purposely kept sketchy and "unfinished".

[Image: SketchySeraj2-1.jpg]

Re: Sketchy stuff - Shamadconde - 07-13-2010

That looks so much like Nico Robin from One Piece as a Miqo'te. Looks great!

Re: Sketchy stuff - Kashemia - 07-13-2010

Hehe, thanks Smile

I've never really read One Piece, so it's not on purpose Wink

Re: Sketchy stuff - Shamadconde - 07-13-2010

I've only watched the anime.
[Image: nicoRobin.jpg]

Re: Sketchy stuff - Kashemia - 07-13-2010

Haha, she seem to have the same expression at least Big Grin Funny.

Re: Sketchy stuff - Tadrith - 07-13-2010

Nicely done~♥ Makes me wonder what she'll look like once you finalize your character's look and make a not-so-sketchy drawing. Wink If your sketch is this good, it really makes a girl wonder... :O

Re: Sketchy stuff - Kashemia - 07-14-2010

Hehe, I'm really not very good, so don't expect too much of my none-sketchy works. I'm still learning, hehe. But thanks.

Re: Sketchy stuff - Shamadconde - 07-14-2010

It's yalms better than anything I can do!

Hehe, thanks Smile

One thing about this:
The style is sort of meant tobe used in a webcomic I might try to start for FF XIV. I've never tried anything like that before though, so we'll see how it goes. So I tried to keep it light and fluent, because I might have to draw it fast when I don't have much time ^^ And I sort of liked the sketchy look of it, so I'll probably keep that for the webcomic, at least for now, then it might develope later on.

Re: Sketchy stuff - Gavriel - 07-14-2010

Hmm, Seraj looks really pissed!

But really, she looks great Smile

Hehe, yeah, she's not actually that annoyed/bored as she look here (one of the reasons I changed her from a Keeper to a Seeker in the firts place was that their personallity fitted her more than the brooding of the Keepers)... But I felt like catching her in a "... What? -.-" moment, hehe.

And thanks.

Re: Sketchy stuff - Kashemia - 07-18-2010

I was looking through some old drawings of mines, and find some in a style I played around with 5 some years ago. It seemed fun, and maybe fitting for a cartoon, so I decided to give it a try, and change it a bit up to fit my current style more.

So here's a sketch of Seraj (top) and Azia (bottom) as I invision them right now. Azia belongs to Averis and is Seraj's sister. Also a chance to show Seraj more as her usual self.

Since we're not sure about colors and stuff yet, that will come later.
You might have top open the image to see all of it, it doesn't really fit in the post <.<

[Image: Sistersink1.jpg]

Re: Sketchy stuff - Averis - 07-18-2010

Hey, nice! You got it inked. Looking good :approve:

Re: Sketchy stuff - Kashemia - 07-18-2010

Heh, thanks. Still a few details I want to change.
And when I get rich, I'm gonna hire someone to ink for me <.<