Hydaelyn Role-Players
Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet (temp Gilgamesh, perma Balmung) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet (temp Gilgamesh, perma Balmung) (/showthread.php?tid=2281)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet - Kerr - 06-19-2013

I'll try to bring Kerr by as well. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

RE: Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet - Xenedra - 06-19-2013

Looks like a good turn out so far! I'm excited to meet/ have reunions with you all!

RE: Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet - allgivenover - 06-19-2013

So gonna be there.

RE: Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet - Rhostel - 06-19-2013

I promise to be there if I'm awake!

RE: Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet - Kannadi - 06-19-2013

Sure, I suppose I could make a Kannadi duplicate for the beta. I may or may not be working that day, though. We'll see!

RE: Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet - Yahdo - 06-19-2013

Hopefully it will last longer than 2 hours becasue I don't get off work until 6:30pm EST.

RE: Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet - Xenedra - 06-19-2013

I hope it's longer than 2 hours, too! I need my fix : P

RE: Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet - Merri - 06-19-2013

Can't wait to see everyone there~

On a side note for anyone that is unable to attend or isn't in phase 3 at the moment, we are currently planning to have an event hosted via skype in the near future as well.

RE: Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet - Mtoto Wamoto - 06-19-2013

Woo, this looks like it's gon' be good Smile

I'll try to be around, tho I'm not too sure of my plans that day. Looking forward to seeing the RP that comes out of this!

RE: Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet - John Spiegel - 06-19-2013

Hey, I know y'all said this is a "meet and greet and practice character thing" but for clarification, I can say that whatever I end up doing is non-cannon cause I'm trying to fine-tune/figure my character out, right? I'm nervous about not hitting where I want a particular character of mine to be and have that be the "norm". 

Example: I've been toying around with various accents/amount of accentation in the small 1-on-1 rp I've done. I came to an agreement that a couple things (speech, some minor aspects, etc) were not final and embedded into "lore" when the game goes live. I'm happy with that because from RP event 1 to RP event "X", I've tweeked a fair bit to the point that discrepancies would arise if the previous encounters were taken to heart word-for-word. 

TL;DR = Is this even pretty much non-cannon?

RE: Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet - Merri - 06-20-2013

I like the idea of leaving it open to the individual, personally. Some people might want to keep it canon for their characters, and that's fine. But, if for example you'd like it to be non-canon for yourself and just have it as a sort of practice run, your character can always be chalked up to just another nameless face in the crowd afterwards. I'd like to think nobody would have any major issue with that.

Assuming you and others in your boat are comfortable with that idea, of course. Above all else I'd rather this event be welcoming to as many people as possible.

RE: Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet - E'irawen - 06-20-2013

To touch up on what Merri said, though (and I hope it's okay), it might be wise to kind of let other people know if you're making it canon or non-canon.

Person A might interact with Person B, but Person A might see it canon, and Person B might not. So at least in the end, at least Person A is aware that Person B won't actually be present in Person A's journal or whatever, because Person B doesn't want it to be canon.

RE: Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet - Cornet Espoir - 06-20-2013

I'll try to make it too sounds fun just have to figure out where costa is since I've been trying to keep limsa a secret for full release.

RE: Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet - Asyria - 06-20-2013

So unfair, they keep having those beta weekends when I'm busy with moving and stuff... Sad

Plus, I can't remember my password and they're not even asking for my security key, relying instead on a silly question/answer combination.. and I don't recall which question I picked. And they're not replying to my email after 4 days when they said it was 48 hours...

Squeenix, y u no want me to play?

RE: Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet - blackdrakon - 06-20-2013

(06-20-2013, 04:56 PM)Asyria Wrote: So unfair, they keep having those beta weekends when I'm busy with moving and stuff... Sad

Plus, I can't remember my password and they're not even asking for my security key, relying instead on a silly question/answer combination.. and I don't recall which question I picked. And they're not replying to my email after 4 days when they said it was 48 hours...

Squeenix, y u no want me to play?

Squeenix say: Garlean beastie ate the Mail Moogle. Invest in sticky notes!