Hydaelyn Role-Players
Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet (temp Gilgamesh, perma Balmung) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet (temp Gilgamesh, perma Balmung) (/showthread.php?tid=2281)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet - Asyria - 06-20-2013

Noooooooooooooo, not the mail moogle!

Well, for absolutely no reason at all, my old password suddenly worked. And after typing it in a dozen time I can guarantee I was typing it right every time.

I'm very confused but happy... o_O

Though there is still the issue of me being way too busy to participate for the next two weekends.. y u no beta all week?

Oh well.. have fun without me!

RE: Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet - blackdrakon - 06-20-2013

(06-20-2013, 05:22 PM)Asyria Wrote: Noooooooooooooo, not the mail moogle!

Well, for absolutely no reason at all, my old password suddenly worked. And after typing it in a dozen time I can guarantee I was typing it right every time.

I'm very confused but happy... o_O

Though there is still the issue of me being way too busy to participate for the next two weekends.. y u no beta all week?

Oh well.. have fun without me!

No reason at all? Are you sure you just didn't want to admit the fact that you had your caps lock on? Wink

And did you also know they'll be transitioning into longer beta test phases later during P3?

RE: Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet - Eva - 06-20-2013

We'll be there in some fashion, though probably not as Eva, since timewarp things are a big ol' ball of confuzzling right now...
Evil

RE: Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet - Rhio - 06-20-2013

(06-20-2013, 04:44 AM)Kaoru Wrote: To touch up on what Merri said, though (and I hope it's okay), it might be wise to kind of let other people know if you're making it canon or non-canon.

Person A might interact with Person B, but Person A might see it canon, and Person B might not. So at least in the end, at least Person A is aware that Person B won't actually be present in Person A's journal or whatever, because Person B doesn't want it to be canon.

Seconding this very much. As Eva mentioned, time travel is confusing, which means that some characters might be there only not really or not be there when they should be or stupid time skip you are confusing as heck.

At least from a personal perspective, I'm not counting anything prior to phase 4 as canon, and even then I'm dubious until launch. That being said, I'll do my best to attend, since I haven't gotten a chance to practice Rhio's unique brand of obsequious deception in forever.

RE: Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet - Myal - 06-21-2013

Ooo, it'll start at 4 AM Sunday where I am. I'll... I'll try to be there.

Also, perhaps a silly question: On a gathering event like this, do each member need to make up various IC excuses to be there? I mean, Myal obviously is not officially invited, because she doesn't even know what the Blue Skies are. Is "oh,I just happened to be here" an acceptable explanation?

RE: Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet - Xenedra - 06-21-2013

Sure! Tripping into the RP is just fine, though we can also go with the "I saw a flier" excuse.

RE: Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet - ArmachiA - 06-21-2013

I'll probably be there, but not on Armi or Loki do to Time Skipping Shenanigans. Trying to decide who to bring...

RE: Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet - Xjezhekír - 06-22-2013

Sounds like a good time! I'll probably have to bust my chops to try and get to 15 with Xjor, but I'll see what I can do!

If not, Marauder it is. Count me in!:3

RE: Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet - Ryanti - 06-22-2013

I will see if I can make it. However, I have to go to a Liberty Day Festival later in the day so I will only be there for a hour or so.

Since there's really no way Ryanti can be in that location canon-wise yet, it will probably be non-canon, so it'll be a good time for me to get some practice in.

RE: Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet - Desphiria - 06-22-2013

I wish I could come, I bet it'll be awesome. Have fun for me too guys! ^^

RE: Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet - Xenedra - 06-22-2013

To get to Limsa Lominsa:
Unfortunately one cannot simply walk to Limsa Lominsa from Gridania or Ul'dah. You CAN take the airship there, but you have to both be at least level 15 and have made it to the level 15 portion of the storyline quests. I BELIEVE the correct quest to have finished is "The <your nation> Envoy." This quest gives you your airship pass.

Alternatively:
If you are unable to complete those prerequisites in time for the event, but would still like to attend, the easiest method is to create a character who's class is marauder. This will start you in Limsa. Don't worry too much about being level 1.

To get to Costa del Sol:
By the pullers' (fishermens') guild in lower Limsa there's a small sailboat with a Lalafell named Rerenasu <Ferry Skipper> standing next to it. If you click on them, they'll give you two options of places to go, one is Costa del Sol. Super easy!

If you start at level 1:
I've been informed that you cannot take the ferry I mentioned at level 1, but it's not TOO terribly far a walk to get there. If people need help to get there, we'll walk you guys. You can fin Costa del Sol in Eastern La Noscea!

RE: Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet - Martiallais - 06-22-2013

I won't be able to make it to this but I wish I could! I hope it goes really well!

RE: Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet - Aldeus - 06-22-2013

Someone quit at work and I'm filling in for them today Cry

RE: Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet - Rhio - 06-22-2013

I will be there with Rhio in her post-Calamity makeover. As this is non-canon, I'm going to wing it as to why she's there.

Seeing as Rhio is known for being vague and duplicitous, this may actually work out better anyway.

RE: Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet - Xenedra - 06-22-2013

Getting to Costa del Sol UPDATE:
I've been informed that you cannot take the ferry I mentioned at level 1, but it's not TOO terribly far a walk to get there. If people need help to get there, we'll walk you guys. You can fin Costa del Sol in Eastern La Noscea!