Hydaelyn Role-Players
Torn Sky's Art & Commissions (also open for requests!) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Torn Sky's Art & Commissions (also open for requests!) (/showthread.php?tid=2376)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Torn Sky's Art - Torn Sky - 07-19-2013

The idea of a withered old witchy woman lalafell sounded cool, but making them look wrinkly is just ?????????????

I can't

I don't

Yodafell

[Image: yajide_zps2c173cd1.png]

also hi i did more bs for teague because why not

[Image: greytidessmall_zpsf0401d09.png]

RE: Torn Sky's Art - Torn Sky - 07-20-2013

A much needed update for Rhostel:

[Image: rhostelnew_zps1f6b3b42.png]

RE: Torn Sky's Art - Alothia - 07-20-2013

These are all awesome! Every time you post something, it's better than the thing before!

(07-20-2013, 12:33 AM)Alothia Wrote: These are all awesome! Every time you post something, it's better than the thing before!

Thanks, Alothia. And that's good! This thread is aimed at self-improvement. I'm trying to one up myself as I go. While doing this, I'm also coming out of a very, very long hiatus, so the more I do the more things come back to me. (I remembered how to paint decent noses and lips again, I AM STOKEDDD.)

That's kind of also the reason I'm going back and redoing the first few requests I got. I don't want anyone feeling slighted for ending up with my rusty baby steps. ;u;

RE: Torn Sky's Art - Eva - 07-20-2013

(07-20-2013, 12:42 AM)Torn Sky Wrote: This thread is aimed at self-improvement. I'm trying to one up myself as I go. While doing this, I'm also coming out of a very, very long hiatus, so the more I do the more things come back to me. (I remembered how to paint decent noses and lips again, I AM STOKEDDD.)

You are not trying to one up yourself. You are SUCCEEDING!! I continue to be amazed at the strides made in the quality of your work - and I loved the early ones so you can guess what I think of these latest pieces!! (also random, but I hate painting noses so much)

Keep up the excellent work!! Thumbsup

(07-20-2013, 01:05 AM)Eva Wrote:
(07-20-2013, 12:42 AM)Torn Sky Wrote: This thread is aimed at self-improvement. I'm trying to one up myself as I go. While doing this, I'm also coming out of a very, very long hiatus, so the more I do the more things come back to me. (I remembered how to paint decent noses and lips again, I AM STOKEDDD.)

You are not trying to one up yourself.  You are SUCCEEDING!!  I continue to be amazed at the strides made in the quality of your work - and I loved the early ones so you can guess what I think of these latest pieces!!  (also random, but I hate painting noses so much)

Keep up the excellent work!!  Thumbsup

D'awwww. Thank you!

Painting... I think I hate ears the most as far as facial features go. And eyebrows don't like to fully cooperate with me sometimes. Drawing-wise. My enemies are boobs, legs, and all clothing ever.

RE: Torn Sky's Art - Cest - 07-20-2013

You are doing an amazing job Torn Sky. Keep up the wonderful work. Big Grin

RE: Torn Sky's Art & Commissions - Torn Sky - 07-20-2013

Quote:I'm officially opting to dip my toes into the land of paid commissions. I don't really wish to propose a price skeleton right away, so if you'd like to negotiate something with me shoot me a PM or contact me on my skype (berserkerstance).

General style offerings:

- Sketch, lines only or grayscale: 1, 2, 3
- Black and white only drawing/cleaned lineart: 1, 2, 3
- Grayscale painting: 1. 2
- Color painting: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

I can also do simplistic talksprite animations like these ( 1, 2, 3 ) if you like that sort of thing.

Updated the front page. *u* My friend convinced me to go ahead and try it.

RE: Torn Sky's Art & Commissions - rynsan - 07-21-2013

(07-20-2013, 09:50 PM)Torn Sky Wrote: Updated the front page. *u* My friend convinced me to go ahead and try it.

Good friend food friends. Big Grin

Okay, so how does this go? I don't feel right on just barging in on your skype and saying DRAW DAMMIT! -throws gil- I having this awesomely daft/cute/squee idea of mine and my friends characters I'd love to see and I'm think your kineart would be good for it (I'd love to practise and add the color). Big Grin

RE: Torn Sky's Art & Commissions - Sapphos - 07-21-2013

These just keep getting better and more inspiring.
You could do one of my characters if you wanted <_<;;

RE: Torn Sky's Art & Commissions - Bauldric - 07-21-2013

You know...I love your art style but what really sold me was your volcanoes....I am a geology student and when you start drawing geologic structures its like..."You had me at hello" XD

Keep up the good work! Thumbsup

Chocobo Adds another chocobo so an angel gets its wings.

RE: Torn Sky's Art & Commissions - Torn Sky - 07-21-2013

(07-21-2013, 07:58 PM)Bauldric Wrote: You know...I love your art style but what really sold me was your volcanoes....I am a geology student and when you start drawing geologic structures its like..."You had me at hello" XD

Keep up the good work! Thumbsup

Chocobo Adds another chocobo so an angel gets its wings.

I'm hoping to do more environments and Thanalan happens to be my favorite region, so there's bound to be more mountains and rocky terrain at some point. I'm glad to please. Volcanoes are amazing!

--

Been debating whether I might want to shift Torn Sky's personality and the tone of her history to something a bit darker. I'll probably write that up later and post it for feedback. Meanwhile, I tried drawing a wearier-looking, less elegant Torn to fit that idea.

[Image: robedsky_zpsa0fa0813.png]

Also, a reminder that I sometimes make monsters. Bomb

Show Content

RE: Torn Sky's Art & Commissions - Aysun - 07-21-2013

..Just have to say again that your stuff is amazing. x_x; It's probably getting old but you keep posting stuff.. so I have to keep telling you!

RE: Torn Sky's Art & Commissions - Torn Sky - 07-23-2013

Commission for Seto (youngwoon) of Seto and Hikaru:

[Image: setofishfinalfixed_zpsaeda43c5.png]
That's not how you're supposed to fish, you silly miqo'te!

RE: Torn Sky's Art & Commissions - Kyatai - 07-23-2013

*giggles* nice, Torn!