Hydaelyn Role-Players
Dev Blog: Low Rider - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Dev Blog: Low Rider (/showthread.php?tid=2404)

Pages: 1 2

Dev Blog: Low Rider - Blade - 06-25-2013

Is that a player character riding on top of....?

Quote:Low Rider
June 25, 2013

Hey all!
Fernehalwes here!

I popped into the development servers this morning and witnessed something utterly mind-shattering...

[Image: JP20130625_1.jpg]

Odin? I mean, that looks like his horse, Sleipnir but...something's...OMG! LALA ODIN CONFIRMED!

[Image: JP20130625_2.jpg]

Wait...
Could it just be Project Manager M playing with dev tools?

WE MAY NEVER KNOW!
(Okay, we do know. It was just Project Manager M playing with the dev tools)

AAAAAANYWAY...

In other news, Yoshi-P made an exciting announcement at the IR conference held immediately after today's annual Square Enix stock holders' meeting. Supposedly, the FINAL FANTASY XIV beta test registration numbers have hit...920!

I mean...

920 THOUSAND!

(In my coolest Hollywood voice with explosions going off in the background--) "We're gonna need more servers."

Next up, one......BILLION!

Okay, maybe 1 million first. Sign up here if you already haven't!

Fernehalwes

RE: Dev Blog: Low Rider (New mount confirmed) - Valan - 06-25-2013

Just trolling. IMHO

RE: Dev Blog: Low Rider (New mount confirmed) - CassandraJean - 06-25-2013

They're obviously having some fun. But it would be awfully cool to have a mount like that!

RE: Dev Blog: Low Rider (New mount confirmed) - Curtis West - 06-25-2013

Someone had a little too much caffeine? lol

RE: Dev Blog: Low Rider - Blue - 06-25-2013

yeah, it's what I'm thinking too. If it was a common horse monster I'd believe it, but us getting Sleipnir would lower Odin's coolness too much.

RE: Dev Blog: Low Rider - Blade - 06-25-2013

Corrected the headline cus in my rampant excitement I took it to be confirmed as a new mount but now that I've returned to equilibrium I realized it wasn't really a new mount at all, and just them playing with dev tools.

RE: Dev Blog: Low Rider - Aldeus - 06-25-2013

920,000 beta testers registered?  That's terrific!  I really hope this investment by SE pans out for them.  They've been great with all this work they're pouring in.

RE: Dev Blog: Low Rider - Rhio - 06-25-2013

(06-25-2013, 09:03 AM)Blade Wrote: Corrected the headline cus in my rampant excitement I took it to be confirmed as a new mount but now that I've returned to equilibrium I realized it wasn't really a new mount at all, and just them playing with dev tools.

Look on the bright side - do you really want to see Sleppy mounts being roughly as rare as air molecules? Because I promise you that would be what would ensue.

RE: Dev Blog: Low Rider - Aldeus - 06-25-2013

It could be like the phoenix mount from WoW, so incredibly rare that you'd almost never see it.  But the fact that it exists would drive you to madness trying to get one.

RE: Dev Blog: Low Rider - Scarlet Willow - 06-25-2013

(06-25-2013, 10:06 AM)Aldeus Wrote: It could be like the phoenix mount from WoW, so incredibly rare that you'd almost never see it.  But the fact that it exists would drive you to madness trying to get one.

/shivers. Oh that does bring up some memories of running through Tempest Keep half a million times ; A ;

RE: Dev Blog: Low Rider - Asyria - 06-25-2013

It's not even a real Sleipnir, the real Sleipnir has 6 legs. :O
At least in mythology... and other FF games.

RE: Dev Blog: Low Rider - Rhio - 06-25-2013

(06-25-2013, 10:06 AM)Aldeus Wrote: It could be like the phoenix mount from WoW, so incredibly rare that you'd almost never see it.  But the fact that it exists would drive you to madness trying to get one.

This is not a goal for FFXIV to aspire to.

Really, emulating any part of The Burning Crusade's endgame is not worth aspiring to.

Except Karazhan. That was pretty boss.

RE: Dev Blog: Low Rider - Mtoto Wamoto - 06-25-2013

Odin can keep his stupid horse. I want battle ready war stags...with Magitek cannons on their heads.

Actually, give me Ixion and I'll be happy too.

RE: Dev Blog: Low Rider - Varus - 06-25-2013

Well.

At least we know for sure now that horses exist in Eorzea.

I want a new mount.

RE: Dev Blog: Low Rider - Adelpha - 06-25-2013

(06-25-2013, 10:25 AM)Asyria Wrote: It's not even a real Sleipnir, the real Sleipnir has 6 legs. :O
At least in mythology... and other FF games.
My immersions!

(In mythology, it has 8 legs, whereas in a lot of FF games, I think it usually has 6. Regardless, I hope nobody seriously wants to complain about such a thing.)