Hydaelyn Role-Players
Legacy vs Non-Legacy Players - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Legacy vs Non-Legacy Players (/showthread.php?tid=2457)

Pages: 1 2

Legacy vs Non-Legacy Players - Kyatai - 06-27-2013

This might have been answered before, but I honestly don't know where to look, so... real quick:

I'm working under the assumption that ONLY Legacy players were 'sent from the fall of Dalamud to now' and the rest of us are just survivors of the Fall. Is that correct?

If so (or even if not)... do we have any details as to how the dragon was defeated and why... Eorzea still exists and is not a blackened wasteland? I mean... if the 12 gods couldn't stop Bahamut, how was he locked up or killed? How is it 'we' survived when clearly, it was expected that no one would (ergo the "hero rapture")?

RE: Legacy vs Non-Legacy Players - Alothia - 06-27-2013

Legacy players are those who played during 1.0 and payed for 3 months of service, no more, no less.

As far as what happened in the aftermath, not really sure. I haven't hit that bit in the storyline, if it even exists in beta.

RE: Legacy vs Non-Legacy Players - Xenedra - 06-27-2013

As far as most people seem to be concerned, anyone who wants can be thrown through time. If you're not legacy and want to make the skip, go ahead! No one can stop you!

As for where Bahamut went... it's not entirely clear. I heard somewhere the Garleans might have picked up and relocated him, but I have nooo idea how that happened, so I'd wait for more info on that from others. Either way, Bahamut was not defeated in the interim.

RE: Legacy vs Non-Legacy Players - Kyatai - 06-27-2013

*nods* I mean as far as game lore... or are all players considered to have been 'taken from the past'? I know Legacy get neck tats to signify their status...was wondering if it was more than that. That that tat 'marked' those taken from the past... whereas the rest of us survived and are "five years older"?

Edit:
Xenedra posted as I did. Thanks for the clarification! Big Grin

RE: Legacy vs Non-Legacy Players - Mtoto Wamoto - 06-27-2013

In regards to the lore, people who were in 1.0 (legacy or not) and followed the storyline through are referred to as the "Warriors of Light". Characters just starting their journey in 1.0 are considered blessed by Hydaelyn and many NPCs elude to these new heros as the second coming of the warriors of light. The people who got time warped have been turned into something of myths and legend because the Calamity caused much of the realm to forget exactly who the warriors of light were, they just know they existed. I think it can be said that only the people who were at the Battle of Carteneu were warped away, while others blessed with the echo from 1.0 (our character who didn't get warped and some NPCs) stayed and lived out the 5 years. It's insinuated that those who were blessed with the echo and who stayed are able to remember the warriors of light who got teleported, and a major NPC eludes to this in ARR. hope that helped any!

Edit: I'm unsure if the tat marks signifies that a character is from the past or not or if that's something exclusive to legacy players. Perhaps we can get someone who is in beta from 1.0 who wasn't legacy to confirm this tho.

RE: Legacy vs Non-Legacy Players - Ashren Dotharl - 06-27-2013

(06-27-2013, 12:46 AM)Mtoto Wamoto Wrote: In regards to the lore, people who were in 1.0 (legacy or not) and followed the storyline through are referred to as the "Warriors of Light". Characters just starting their journey in 1.0 are considered blessed by Hydaelyn and many NPCs elude to these new heros as the second coming of the warriors of light. The people who got time warped have been turned into something of myths and legend because the Calamity caused much of the realm to forget exactly who the warriors of light were, they just know they existed. I think it can be said that only the people who were at the Battle of Carteneu were warped away, while others blessed with the echo from 1.0 (our character who didn't get warped and some NPCs) stayed and lived out the 5 years. It's insinuated that those who were blessed with the echo and who stayed are able to remember the warriors of light who got teleported, and a major NPC eludes to this in ARR. hope that helped any!

Edit: I'm unsure if the tat marks signifies that a character is from the past or not or if that's something exclusive to legacy players. Perhaps we can get someone who is in beta from 1.0 who wasn't legacy to confirm this tho.

As far as the game is concerned any character from 1.0, whether you are level 1 or level 50 are treated as if you were at the Battle of Carteneau and were teleported to the future. I only had a level 1 character from 1.0, so when the legacy servers came up I logged in to see if there was a difference and I got a different opening where my character was teleported and entered the city. Likewise he also had the legacy mark on the back of his neck between his shoulder blades, so based on this the game makes no distinction on how far you progressed in the previous story, only whether or not you were a 1.0 character.

Edit: I'm also not a Legacy Player, I just have a "Legacy" Character so the tats are not only for people who got the promotion, it's for EVERY character from 1.0.

RE: Legacy vs Non-Legacy Players - Folken - 06-27-2013

(06-27-2013, 12:35 AM)Xenedra Wrote: As far as most people seem to be concerned, anyone who wants can be thrown through time. If you're not legacy and want to make the skip, go ahead! No one can stop you!

As for where Bahamut went... it's not entirely clear. I heard somewhere the Garleans might have picked up and relocated him, but I have nooo idea how that happened, so I'd wait for more info on that from others. Either way, Bahamut was not defeated in the interim.

For those wondering what that thing was that the Garleans were shown carrying through the sky. I'll let you know it was not Bahamut, and leave it at that.

RE: Legacy vs Non-Legacy Players - Merri - 06-27-2013

As far as it goes, I'd like to think the legacy tattoo is in fact a mark placed upon characters who were time skipped. By what means I don't know. I'd almost consider it more of an unnatural branding than a "tattoo", personally. One can always play off the toggling aspect by saying that it fades in and out from time to time, etc~

I know Endemerrin will always have his on, though.

RE: Legacy vs Non-Legacy Players - Mtoto Wamoto - 06-27-2013

(06-27-2013, 02:09 AM)Merri Wrote: As far as it goes, I'd like to think the legacy tattoo is in fact a mark placed upon characters who were time skipped. By what means I don't know. I'd almost consider it more of an unnatural branding than a "tattoo", personally. One can always play off the toggling aspect by saying that it fades in and out from time to time, etc~

I know Endemerrin will always have his on, though.

Oh god, we're L'Cie. Better save the planet before we turn to zombie Cei'th Undecided

RE: Legacy vs Non-Legacy Players - Merri - 06-27-2013

(06-27-2013, 02:14 AM)Mtoto Wamoto Wrote: Oh god, we're L'Cie. Better save the planet before we turn to zombie Cei'th Undecided

Please, please don't give them any ideas.

Please.

Cactuar

RE: Legacy vs Non-Legacy Players - Ashren Dotharl - 06-27-2013

I don't even see a reason for toggling it off, for one it's a cool mark that sets you a part from the new heroes joining the fight (without giving any benefit to unbalance things), and almost every armor beyond maybe a subligar or the heat resistant clothing will cover it up. To be honestly, they couldn't have put it in a worse place if they wanted people to actually show it off.

RE: Legacy vs Non-Legacy Players - Adelpha - 06-27-2013

(06-27-2013, 02:24 AM)Ashren Snow Wrote: I don't even see a reason for toggling it off
For RP purposes, it's important for 1.0 characters that didn't ICly get time-warped, mainly.

RE: Legacy vs Non-Legacy Players - Torn Sky - 06-27-2013

(06-27-2013, 01:16 AM)Ashren Snow Wrote: As far as the game is concerned any character from 1.0, whether you are level 1 or level 50 are treated as if you were at the Battle of Carteneau and were teleported to the future. I only had a level 1 character from 1.0, so when the legacy servers came up I logged in to see if there was a difference and I got a different opening where my character was teleported and entered the city. Likewise he also had the legacy mark on the back of his neck between his shoulder blades, so based on this the game makes no distinction on how far you progressed in the previous story, only whether or not you were a 1.0 character.

Edit: I'm also not a Legacy Player, I just have a "Legacy" Character so the tats are not only for people who got the promotion, it's for EVERY character from 1.0.

Ack. Really? I'm a bit concerned now as my 1.0 character got the same opening as all the beta characters I've made. She's also stuck as the job I logged in as unless I do the quests.

Hopefully I'll get the "legacy" cutscene in phase 4 if I'm meant to.

RE: Legacy vs Non-Legacy Players - Xenedra - 06-27-2013

(06-27-2013, 01:48 AM)Shippuu Wrote:
(06-27-2013, 12:35 AM)Xenedra Wrote: As far as most people seem to be concerned, anyone who wants can be thrown through time. If you're not legacy and want to make the skip, go ahead! No one can stop you!

For those wondering what that thing was that the Garleans were shown carrying through the sky. I'll let you know it was not Bahamut, and leave it at that.

QFT. I wasn't referring to that either, thanks for playing interference : P

RE: Legacy vs Non-Legacy Players - Black - 06-27-2013

(06-27-2013, 02:45 AM)Torn Sky Wrote:
(06-27-2013, 01:16 AM)Ashren Snow Wrote: As far as the game is concerned any character from 1.0, whether you are level 1 or level 50 are treated as if you were at the Battle of Carteneau and were teleported to the future. I only had a level 1 character from 1.0, so when the legacy servers came up I logged in to see if there was a difference and I got a different opening where my character was teleported and entered the city. Likewise he also had the legacy mark on the back of his neck between his shoulder blades, so based on this the game makes no distinction on how far you progressed in the previous story, only whether or not you were a 1.0 character.

Ack. Really? I'm a bit concerned now as my 1.0 character got the same opening as all the beta characters I've made. She's also stuck as the job I logged in as unless I do the quests.

Hopefully I'll get the "legacy" cutscene in phase 4 if I'm meant to.

I also sorta am concerned, but I think it is just Ashren's wording. I signed on my Legacy character and made another new character on another server. That one was in a different town/starting area: I think that is where the confusion lies ("...I got a different opening where my character was teleported and entered the city.") I mean, it could definitely be read like that.

I didn't notice any tattoo mark on my Legacy character, but I was not looking for one. (And he was dressed.)

And yes, cutscenes and NPCs seem to "hint" that any player seems to be a "chosen one of light", at least from my personal attempt of signing on my Legacy and creating a new character on a different server, but I got farther in Limsa Lominsa than Gridania to see certain cut-scenes.

At least, that's my take on it.

[Update Edit: Guess I was wrong on the interpretation as shown by Ashren Snow's reply below. ]