Hydaelyn Role-Players
100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character (/showthread.php?tid=2688)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Amiabelle - 07-23-2013

This was an excellent, although very difficult, exercise!  Thank you, Vash, for starting this thread.  I now have a much better picture in my mind as to who my first XIV character is, even though I'm still not settled on her name.  For the time being, her name will be Amiabelle For-Now.

I tried to be deliberately vague on some details because I wasn't sure how much I could disclose.  NPC names, places, events, that sort of thing.  And, in some cases, I'm still somewhat hazy on lore: what events transpired when, who knows what, who was where and how they were affected.

I hope I haven't gone overboard.  I assume there are things I've gotten wrong.  If you happen to catch some inconsistencies, let me know.  Please be gentle with me -- it's my first time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------Chocobo-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The tall, elegant woman smiled and stood up from her desk as Amiabelle For-Now entered the office. She seemed genuinely delighted to see the young Hyur woman.

"Come in, Ami.  Please, have a seat." Amiabelle nodded as she took the seat on the other side of the desk.  The older woman sat back down.

"You're not nervous, are you?  You know this is just a formality, dear.  Before inducting new Adventurers into the Guild, we're required to conduct this little interview.  You completed your trials -- quite spectacularly, I might add.  You've had some time to get to know us and what we do.  This is our opportunity to learn a little more about you."

Amiabelle smiled.  She still looked nervous. "I understand."

The older woman chuckled and reassured the younger one.  "You'll be just fine, dear.  Just answer honestly and let that bubbly personality of yours come on through.  Now, shall we get started?"  She pulled a thick book and quill from a desk drawer.

Amiabelle took a deep breath, settled into her seat and nodded.  "Let's."

Show Content
Show Content
Show Content
Show Content
Show Content
Show Content
Show Content
The older woman closed the book.  She looked up at Amiabelle and smiled.

"And with that, we're done.  I think we can call it a day. Thank you."

"So, did I pass?  Am I part of the Guild now?"

The older woman pushed herself away from the desk and stood up.  Gathering up the book and holding it close, she began to make her way to the door.  She paused, turned toward Amiabelle and nodded.  She may have even given a fleeting wink.

"Just meet me back at the front desk, dear."

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Raccoon - 07-24-2013

((I went for my darker character first, just at random. So bear that in mind while reading.))

An almost black-skinned Roegadyn steps into the room, wearing only a pair of tattered trunks and some sandals. He casts his eyes around the dark room a moment and then sits gingerly in the chair that seems to have been designed for the smaller Hyur.

"I'm here," he states in his quiet rumble, propping his elbows on the edge of the table as he leans forward, peering into the dark at the featureless figure cast in shadows. "I don't know your game. But let's begin."

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Zirn raises one eyebrow at the man who had spoken nothing but questions this entire time, sitting in silence for a moment, before finally letting loose a low chuckle. “That's your opinion of me after all that? Maybe I just wasn't clear.” He beckons with a finger. “Come over here so I can see what I can do to change that opinion of yours.”

Having outlived his welcome, the man in the shadows decides to instead flip the table and dart off into the darkness. In his attempt to jump up and follow, Zirn suddenly finds himself on the floor after the abused chair finally gives up and collapses beneath him, followed shortly by the flipped table that pins him to the floor.

“Oy! You bastard!” Zirn roars, trying to extricate himself from beneath the table. “Get back here. Get... when I find you, I'm going to pummel your ass!”

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Twinflame - 07-24-2013

Megiddo is a tall, thin, and practically ancient Duskwight that one would encounter in the Black Shroud. He would wander into the tavern, take a good look around, and find someone sitting alone to share a table with and strike up conversation. He may also try and stick that person with his bill, since he doesn't have any money.

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - sanguineFenrir - 07-26-2013

I would have posted earlier, but this took me three days to do, on and off. I can't get the spoiler tags to work--the first spoiler is 1-15 and the second is 16-100.)

Show Content

Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Raccoon - 07-27-2013

((Aaand my other character. The good guy this time.))

The diminutive Lalafell looks up at the weary traveler, leaning on a spear as if it is a walking stick. The Hyur, a Midlander by the look of him, had arrived early this morning and indicated, through gestures and a single spoken word, that he would like to rent one of the landlady's apartments. The potential renter nodded along to all the guidelines she would be enforcing and proved that he could handle the initial deposit.

The landlady then hands over a questionnaire. “I usually just ask the questions, but here I'm thinking that might be difficult for you. Just fill that out so I can get an idea of you, and decide if you're a good match, yeah?”

The man stares at her for a moment before lightly shrugging his shoulders, accepting both the sheets of paper and a quill, before taking a seat in the lobby to get to work.

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

As Deitrych stares at the woman in silence, she holds her head as if suddenly dizzy, putting her other against the wall for balance. After regaining her composure, she gives a wane smile to the man waiting on her. “Whoo, sorry about that. Everything looks to be in order, sir. If you would like to make the deposit, I'll get you your key. Right this way...”

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Xha'li Moui - 07-27-2013

Here's Xha'li's responses, and he REALLY doesn't like his former tribes matriarch as you'll be able to see.

Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Sounsyy - 07-29-2013

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Y'hmir - 07-29-2013

Why not. Character one, L'ohke Tia's answers!

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Kari Illderthane - 07-29-2013

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Dromwald - 07-30-2013

A middle-aged Lalafell enters the chamber, sweeps his surroundings with a suspicious gaze and then takes a seat, glaring at the interviewer.

Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Felix Sideris - 07-30-2013

Well... Here are all the questions, all answered in first person as if my character was being interviewed. Hope you all enjoy!

Show Content
Show Content
Show Content
Show Content
Show Content
Show Content
Show Content
Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - shinymogwai - 07-31-2013

A lithe, lanky Miqo'te woman, her pale coloring and round pupils immediately marking her as a Keeper of the Moon.

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content
Show Content
Show Content
Show Content
Show Content

Note: This character is still very much under construction. If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them!

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - thealmightypoe - 08-02-2013

Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Ironpriest88 - 08-03-2013

A small bottle lays in the dirt near the gently flowing river. Even from a distance you can tell that there is a stack of rolled up papers inside. The bottle is half buried in the dirt, but the half that is visible shines and glints with the sun, as if teasing you and enticing you to open it and read the contents within. Will you open and read what's inside? Or will you leave the bottle in the dirt, to be forgotten?

Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Kellen whitewolf - 08-04-2013

(07-08-2013, 12:21 PM)Vash Wrote: This was taken from Dead Pirate Rose I just thought it would be something fun for everyone to do and can help develop your character! I can't wait to see peoples replies! Big Grin

Part 1: The Basics
1.What is your full name? S'sato Tia
2.Where and when were you born? born in Gridania the ninth day of the third Astral moon
3.Who are/were your parents?  (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.) his mom name is S'ndolodo Oya she was a healer but also skilled in hand to hand she was kind, honest and hard working she loveto sing and dance his dad name was S'tommo Tia,he was one of the hunters of his tribe he was strong loved work with his hands her and dad grew up together in the same tribe and she feel in with him but when the nunh wanted to maite with her she couldnt go through with it becuse her heart belong to S'tommo so my mom left they re tribe and my dad went with her they became adventures  they picked up some new skills here and there made friends with poeple different places they'r friends called them Oya and Tom
4.Do you have any siblings?  What are/were they like? He has no siblings
5.Where do you live now, and with whom?  Describe the place and the person/people. he dosnt live one place at the moment where every he can lay his head
6.What is your occupation? baounty hunting and odd jobs
7.Write a full physical description of yourself.  You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks. well he's 58ht 150pd blue eyss black with silver highlights
8.To  58 which social class do you belong?
9.Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses? he's in great condition
10. Are you right- or left-handed? right
11. What does your voice sound like?young but not high pitch
12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently? may you sword stay sharpend
13. What do you have in your pockets? somee gil
14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? im a little shy little lazy at times  sometimes he sticks his foot in his mouth and not that smart
Part 2: Growing Up
15. How would you describe your childhood in general? he was a little trouble maker always dreaming life full adventure like the heros of old where
16. What is your earliest memory? i remeber mom telling me stories of her and dads days of adeventering the people they met, the place they've seen the more she told the more i wanted to become adventer to help people in need to brave the wilds to make Eorzea a little safe 
17. How much schooling have you had? well mom and dad was my teachers mom taught me how to read,write, and manners she also taught some basic magic you knoow healing stuff like that when my migic had awaken dad on the other han taught me how to live off the land how to hunt, fish and crafting but one day a firend of my dads came to vist and he was swordman first time i ever talk to one but anyways him and dad was sitting at the table talking about what was they re old crew was doing he was looking to become a teacher of the pyhiscal arts you know like  swordplay, lance , axes and hand to hand so i asked him could i be his puple so he put  me to the test he reached in his pocket and pull out a gill coin i thuoght to myself( yes free gil )  but told me to hold my arm stireght out so i did then he placed the coin in my hand then said dont let your arm drop if you hold you arm up for one hour ill be you teacher  its was my hurt i grite my teeth but finlly the hour was up and how became his student his name was Edweard belmont
18. Did you enjoy school? it was hard but rewarding at the same time
19. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities? from mom and dad and master edweard
20. While growing up, did you have any role models?  If so, describe them. yes i respected the old heros and warriors of old
21. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family? we had our moments  but we stilled each other we was the perfect family no most the time they would drive baty
22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? adeventure
23. As a child, what were your favorite activities? i loved to make things
24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display? i was a wild cat ha ha pulling pranks runing around with my wooden sword and shield playing heros  ah ah good times
25. As a child, were you popular?  Who were your friends, and what were they like? well they re where some kids where lived some times i would play with them
26. When and with whom was your first kiss?My first kiss is from a girl i meet when i was twelve her and her mom was passing through she had gotten lost so i helped her while we was trying to find  her mom we got to talking i she said he and mom left they re tribe cus of personal issues the i talk to her the more i liked her then i reached dowm and kissed her she was surprised at first then she smiled
27. Are you a virgin?  If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity? yes im a virgin
28. If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities.  If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today. well as said before my mom tought some magic but im not a full mage or healer i can a few heal spell  and potective spell and maybe some offinsive magic but im not master at it
Part 3: Past Influences
29. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far? my mom and passing away they died th night the great dragon attacked
30. Who has had the most influence on you?
31. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
32. What is your greatest regret? never saying good bye to mom and dad
33. What is the most evil thing you have ever done?
34. Do you have a criminal record of any kind? no
35. When was the time you were the most frightened? the night the great dragon attacked
36. What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you? falling on stage when i was danceing
37. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why?
38. What is your best memory? pending time with mom and dad
39. What is your worst memory? watching mom and dad die
Part 4: Beliefs And Opinions
40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic? optimistic
41. What is your greatest fear?beeing alone
42. What are your religious views? i server the goddes Azuma the worden
43. What are your political views? not a fan of
44. What are your views on sex? sex should be done when the couple truely love each other or when they're married
45. Are you able to kill?  Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable?dependes if my love ones or my friends life was threatened then yes but would be my last resort
46. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do? abuse children in anyway
47. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love? yes i do
48. What do you believe makes a successful life? friends and family
49. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)? yes i do sometimes the words just come out right but some times i can honest with my feelings to
50. Do you have any biases or prejudices? im not prejudices and i say live life to the fulllest
51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances?  Why do you refuse to do it?hit woman or children
52. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)? i die for my friends and family or to potect someone who couldnt portect themself
Part 5: Relationships With Others
53. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)?  Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how? kindly but i also like to make them laught and have fun
54. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? my mom
55. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?my dad
56. Who are your friends?  Do you have a best friend?  Describe these people. clint balentine
57. Do you have a spouse or significant other?  If so, describe this person.
58. Have you ever been in love?  If so, describe what happened.sure i was sixteen i feel in love with my childhood riend her name was melianie but she wanted to remain friends
59. What do you look for in a potential lover?sure
60. How close are you to your family? we're close
61. Have you started your own family?  If so, describe them.  If not, do you want to?  Why or why not?yes i would love to have a family someday
62. Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help? my friends
63. Do you trust anyone to protect you?  Who, and why? my brothers
64. If you died or went missing, who would miss you? friends and family i hope lol
65. Who is the person you despise the most, and why? i cant think of anyone
66. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? avoid conflict
67. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? no im no leard thats for sure
68. Do you like interacting with large groups of people?  Why or why not? im lil shy i would i f falt conferable
69. Do you care what others think of you? a lil
Part 6: Likes And Dislikes
70. What is/are your favorite hobbies and pastimes? playing piano
71. What is your most treasured possession?
72. What is your favorite color?blue
73. What is your favorite food?steak
74. What, if anything, do you like to read? fantasy , horror, action
75. What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)? movies
76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs?  If so, why?  Do you want to quit? i dont drink or smoke or do drug
77. How do you spend a typical Saturday night? sometimes ill hang out with friends or just at home and play games
78. What makes you laugh? its hard to say theres a lot of things like jokes
79. What, if anything, shocks or offends you? hearing people makeing fun of someone
80. What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself? watch tv or read or play a game
81. How do you deal with stress? i work out or play with my dog
82. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan? sometimes lil of both
83. What are your pet peeves?
Part 7: Self Images And Etc.
84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you.  How do you feel when this routine is disrupted? most day i get up take bath bush teeth get ready for work or get ready to work outside in the yard and if its disrupted no biggy
85. What is your greatest strength as a person?im easy going
86. What is your greatest weakness?my eye site sucks
87. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? being able to see better
88. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
89. Are you generally organized or messy? lili of both it depends on how i feel
90. Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at.im good at drawing, painting and playing the piano im bad at cooking, sports and swimming oh thou i can swim just not real good
91. Do you like yourself? yeas i do
92. What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)?  Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public?  (If so, detail both sets of reasons…)no im honest about it what want to do when it comes to my games i ve nevr rp before i want to play in diiferent way that realpull me in to the world and its story
93. What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime? graphic artist
94. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?i hope to have family and good career
95. If you could choose, how would you want to die?in my sleep
96. If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left.with my family and friends
97. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? honest and kind
98. What three words best describe your personality? easy going
99. What three words would others probably use to describe you?
100. If you could, what advice would you, the player, give to your character?  (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice…)just have fun