Hydaelyn Role-Players
RPC Census, Part XI (Class--CLOSED) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: RPC Census, Part XI (Class--CLOSED) (/showthread.php?tid=2709)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RPC Census, Part XI (Class--CLOSED) - Kylin - 07-09-2013

This census poll focuses on your main character's primary class. Note that jobs were left off of this for the following reason: Classes are required for jobs (as jobs are technically 'advanced training' of classes) but jobs are not required for classes. In other words, a character can consider themselves a thaumaturge without considering him/herself a black mage. On the other hand, you can't consider oneself a black mage without knowing thaumaturgy.

Only existing classes are included in this poll. So please choose the one that best represents your character. In order to not skew the results, the "other" option is intentionally left off. We have to work with what SE gives us lore-wise right now after-all. So again, choose as best as you can and leave a more in depth response below!

Arcanist
Conjurer
Thaumaturge
Archer
Gladiator
Lancer
Marauder
Pugilist
Alchemist
Armoror
Blacksmith
Carpenter
Culinarian
Goldsmith
Leatherworker
Weaver
Botanist
Fisherman
Miner

RE: RPC Census, Part XI (Class) - Aeiteil Strand - 07-09-2013

I picked fisherman. When Aehtel was a child his father used to go fishing with him and he learned a fair amount about it and now does it in his free time. (Which there is a lot of!)

Would have picked Archer (Bard) but if I think about it, fishing stands for his past more.

RE: RPC Census, Part XI (Class) - Desphiria - 07-09-2013

Izaza's going to be an Arcanist. She's pretty fascinated with magical creatures.

RE: RPC Census, Part XI (Class) - Seohyun - 07-09-2013

I picked Conjurer. Her natural talent in it is what gave Seohyun the courage to leave the safe walls of Ul'dah and begin adventuring. While I wanted to pick Arcanist because she's starting to dabble in it in order to get rid of her 'Damsel In Distress' skin. I feel like being a healer will always come first and foremost.

RE: RPC Census, Part XI (Class) - Eva - 07-09-2013

Weaver made the most sense for me since we're talking about class here. I think White Mage may have probably made more sense overall if we were also including jobs and not just classes, but I have a hard time identifying with the Conjurer storyline as it is by itself. Besides, Weaving has sort of underscored most everything Eva has done, even with the couple of other jobs she's involved herself with. And it was the one I started out with. And the first one I got to 50. And the first one I was really passionate about even before there were 'jobs' as we know them now.

RE: RPC Census, Part XI (Class) - Asyria - 07-09-2013

My main on Balmung will be primarily Lancer and certainly going for Dragoon.

On Gilgamesh, it will be either Arcanist or Thaumaturge. I'll know when I try out Arcanist!

RE: RPC Census, Part XI (Class) - Vash - 07-09-2013

Well I'd be a gladiator Ic'ly but OOC for dungeons and PVP I'd be an archer.

RE: RPC Census, Part XI (Class) - Gideon Aryeh - 07-09-2013

Pugilist first and foremost. Amaare is basically the equivalent of a street fighter first, his second would be Bard as he does sing a lot. (Thief would actually be his first if it were choosable but ah well).

RE: RPC Census, Part XI (Class) - Poe - 07-09-2013

Tough toss-up between Botanist and Fisher, but went Botanist

RE: RPC Census, Part XI (Class) - Sienna - 07-09-2013

While Sienna's fighting style is based around using her fists, the class that most suits her when it comes to what she does with her time is Goldsmith. She likes creating jewelry and ornate weapons. Stuff that makes money, yo!

RE: RPC Census, Part XI (Class) - Clover - 07-09-2013

I'm tooooorn...

I initially imagined my character as a conjurer, but now I think that the gladiator charisma suits her as well. I guess she'll be a conjurer first and foremost due to the nature of her personal story.

(What I don't like about conjurers is their tunics. I mean, I like them, just not for my character).

RE: RPC Census, Part XI (Class) - Averis - 07-09-2013

Though my main will likely start as a conjurer, I'm aiming to make her an Arcanist when it becomes available, since I don't think it will be in phase 4.

I always wanted to level my summoner in XI, but was never able to get the summons etc. It didn't help that people needed a WHM more often either.

RE: RPC Census, Part XI (Class) - Lren - 07-09-2013

Both Lren and Corthier will mainly be Lancers, with each one going down different paths in how they choose to support their role.

RE: RPC Census, Part XI (Class) - Sini'to Shadar - 07-09-2013

My main will be a bard, because im am highly fascinated by music and everything related. So i voted archer.

But i intend to let him start as an archer, and he becoming a bard is intended to unfold later in the course of his story.

edit: at least thats what i have planned for now. ^^

RE: RPC Census, Part XI (Class) - Imsey - 07-09-2013

CNJ main for me.  Any alts I roll will probably DoH or DoL though.