Hydaelyn Role-Players
RP-Relationship discussion - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: RP-Relationship discussion (/showthread.php?tid=280)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Re: RP-Relationship discussion - ArmachiA - 07-25-2010

I'll run ya baybeh Wink

Re: RP-Relationship discussion - Siben - 07-25-2010

ArmachiA Wrote:Yeah Trys and Siben were awesome and hilarious XD

I loved it because you could literally taste the mutual...i dunno what you'd call it, snark? towards each other, even though they were still compelled to actually get to know each other.

A typical conversation between Trys and Siben:
Trys: "Stop being weird, also have you ever had teh sex?"
Siben: "Why don't you stop trying to get into my head and/or pants for two seconds and look at those people at the other end of the bar?"
Trys: "Why? you going to run over there and do your white knight routi-...Oh, my...who taught him how to do make up?"
Siben: "I know, right?"
<they clank their drink glasses, laugh, romance ensues>

God Siben was such a White Knight.

Re: RP-Relationship discussion - Siben - 07-25-2010

And?

Re: RP-Relationship discussion - Averis - 07-25-2010

Oh... I can't believe I'm partially the cause for this thread... which is funny because I tend to not RP romances. It could also just be that I haven't found the right person or situation that I felt comfortable enough to explore that avenue with. My characters have had "crushes" and sometimes awkwardly flirted, but that has been it and it's usually a comedic type of thing. 

An interesting topic none the less.  :afro:

Re: RP-Relationship discussion - Axl - 07-25-2010

I enjoy romance RP, because it builds character developement, and makes for a good sub plot in supplement to the big shibang, I have done a number in XI. in XIV my character is quite a romantic under his flirtatious (almost womanizing) exterior. I probably would get into an RP relationship on this character if it arises because I plan on it being part of his developement, he lost a lover because of his gambling and involvement with the trouble maker's of ul'dah, that blow causes him to keep his mind focused on swordsmanship, so he wouldn't have to think about it, although it stays in the back of his mind, a newly kindled flame would be important in him growing up in a way.

^ We're getting married.
:afro:

<- Is marrying ArmachiA I guess :o

Re: RP-Relationship discussion - Xaefan - 07-25-2010

It's your own fault, Axl.

Also,

IT IS IMPORTANT TO MY CHARACTER'S DEVELOPMENT THAT HE GET A CATGIRL HAREM!

No?

Yes.

Re: RP-Relationship discussion - Xaefan - 07-25-2010

Anyway, since I didn't actually get the post out I wanted to before:

RP Relationships are difficult creatures, like regular relationships, but you don't even get the benefit of HAWT NEKKID LUVV after a fight.

XI, my character only had one particular attraction, to this mithra in my LS who was played by a guy. And, we were pretty good friends OOC, so it wasn't all that creepy or anything, even though I was 14 and prone to being a really misogynistic pancake. My character chased after his for the entirety of my time on XI, but both wasn't on her radar, was on her radar while she was with someone else, and was 'going down a dark path' a la Anakin and Padme style, before that movie actually came out.

Then, moving onto WoW, my character was meant to just be a casual comedic relief character, but he steadily got fleshed out into a serious character again, he jumped from monogamous relationship to monogamous relationship (Due to some rather bad friends) until he became the manwhore that he was that slept with basically every woman (IC) on the server, before meeting my now fiance's character and settling down to finally rest in piece since I'm letting him die.

Along with D&D, and WoD, my particular experience with RP Relationships is this:

They're great for character development, and plot... But, you just have to be careful, like with all things. All it takes is one psycho person who doesn't know the difference, or one person who completely does a 180 on you to mess up your character forever, and if you aren't willing to accept that, you shouldn't do it in the first place.

Put simply:

Be prepared if you do it.

Re: RP-Relationship discussion - Kashemia - 07-26-2010

Saying that rp relationship have all the bad things about a real relationship, and none of the good things, is basically saying that the only good thing about a relationship is sex.

Anyway, your post made me think about something, Xaefan.
I very rarely see unreturned love in roleplay. I guess it's because we don't want to see our characters hurt or something, but alot of the time, it seems like, if the crush isn't returned, our characters moves on rather quickly!
It's something I've been wanting to give a spin for a while, just haven't had a character that really would have a "crush" on anyone for a long time.. Maybe XIV is the chance ^^

Re: RP-Relationship discussion - Xaefan - 07-26-2010

Kashemia Wrote:Saying that rp relationship have all the bad things about a real relationship, and none of the good things, is basically saying that the only good thing about a relationship is sex.

Anyway, your post made me think about something, Xaefan.
I very rarely see unreturned love in roleplay. I guess it's because we don't want to see our characters hurt or something, but alot of the time, it seems like, if the crush isn't returned, our characters moves on rather quickly!
It's something I've been wanting to give a spin for a while, just haven't had a character that really would have a "crush" on anyone for a long time.. Maybe XIV is the chance ^^

Was that first part to me? That's not what I was saying, if it was.

And, I've ac- Wait, I already said that, derp. Yeah, it's like that, Kashe.

It's actually somewhat fun, if you believe it. Armoa and Trysta (said Mithra my character 'crushed' on) had alot of good tender moments that made it clear that -it could work-, but it just never did.

Re: RP-Relationship discussion - Siben - 07-26-2010

Kashemia Wrote:Saying that rp relationship have all the bad things about a real relationship, and none of the good things, is basically saying that the only good thing about a relationship is sex.

you mean it's not?

Re: RP-Relationship discussion - Xaefan - 07-26-2010

Siben Wrote:

you mean it's not?

I'm gonna have to roll with Grimace (Or however the hells you spell his name) on this one. Companionship can be completely overrated.