Hydaelyn Role-Players
RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. (/showthread.php?tid=2911)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Clover - 07-18-2013

Hello! I hope this topic is allowed, I'm unused to start topics myself *sweatdrops*.

I've been wondering about the organization of Miqo'te tribes in the RP. So far, I've been told that Miqo'te players haven't really gotten together to organize any sort of Tribal setting.

If our characters (the tribal ones, at least) are supposed to belong to a group of Miqo'tes, wouldn't it be useful to know who else is from the same Tribe? Or, wouldn't it be cool if many Miqo'tes united to RP a real tribe?

My Miqo'te's name is F'miah, but I'm willing to change her name just to adapt to whatever letter is being used by most Miqo'tes (in case other people are interested in organizing a real tribe, I mean). I'd like to know she has some sort of "family" and isn't just a lone soul wandering around the world *laughs*.

S-sorry if my English wasn't very clear (X_X)

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Nox - 07-18-2013

I do think it'd be cool to rp a tribe of Miqo'tes, though my Miqo'te isn't tribal and thus could not join in on the fun. Unless you made his sister, which I doubt you want to do. Anyway, if you look at the wiki (specifically here), you can find out the most popular tribe and the player of all the characters by checking the last edit of a character's wiki page. I hope this helps in some way.

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Xha'li Moui - 07-18-2013

Your english was fine.  If we were to try forming our own RP tribe we'd actually need two-one for the Seekers and one for the Keepers as their traditions and culture are different.  For the Seekers theirs one breeding male-the "Nuhn" and possibly several other males the "Tias" along with 10-50 females per Nuhn.  Also Seeker names are Totem'Name then Father's Name for females or Nuhn/Tia for Males.

Keeper side the tribes are highly Matriarchal with kids taking their mothers surname, and in the case of sons taking their mothers name adding a suffix to designate their order of birth so Xha'li Moui is the third son of Xha Moui.  Not much is really given about the family names other then that some have survived since the first Astral Era.

(07-18-2013, 11:15 AM)ManaaniWanderer Wrote: Your english was fine.  If we were to try forming our own RP tribe we'd actually need two-one for the Seekers and one for the Keepers as their traditions and culture are different.  For the Seekers theirs one breeding male-the "Nuhn" and possibly several other males the "Tias" along with 10-50 females per Nuhn.  Also Seeker names are Totem'Name then Father's Name for females or Nuhn/Tia for Males.

Unless, of course, the female is "Sired", in which case her surname is the first name of the breeding male who sired her.

Edit: Yeah, I had a brain fart and forgot that "sired" meant fathered. Great going, me.

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Clover - 07-18-2013

Ah, sorry, I didn't actually specify, but I was referring to Seekers. I guess it's because I heard that Keepers weren't tribes per se but families, so I only relate the concept of Tribe to Seekers. My bad.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who would like to RP in a real Seeker tribe! I think it'd be a very interesting RP experience. Perhaps a good starting point would be for people to post what tribe they belong to, or maybe everyone who is interested could decide what tribe we should try to RP. As I said, I personally don't mind changing my character's name to adapt to whatever the majority decides.

Nox> I haven't fully planned my Miqote's story yet, so I'd be up for her being anyone's sister ^^
I really want her to be related to other Miqo'tes somehow, to have a place she could belong to.

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Azelle - 07-18-2013

It's a good idea, too bad I'll play a Keeper hehe.

Just to point it out, Keepers have tribes also, but they are composed of only a couple families and thus remains pretty small. My character was from a small tribe, but over a couple of years adapted like many other Miqo'te to the a-hem civilized world :p

I encourage all Miqo'te to work this out though, it's a great initiative and only makes the RP more credible if we see some of the same tribe. Oh and, it's a great way to welcome new role players and make them fit in (sadly saw many new to rp rightfully complain how hard is it sometimes to get accepted).

(07-18-2013, 11:26 AM)Clover Wrote: Nox> I haven't fully planned my Miqote's story yet, so I'd be up for her being anyone's sister ^^
I really want her to be related to other Miqo'tes somehow, to have a place she could belong to.

If things don't work out with the tribe dynamic, you're more than welcome to. Just shoot me a pm and let me know so we can plot. Or add me on skype. (As_A_Syn) Whatever works for you.

Edit: This offer goes out to anyone, by the way. I have set it up for multiple seeker families in Ishgard.

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - projektai - 07-18-2013

I'll be playing a Keeper, and I'm not entirely sure if she'll fit into the tribe dynamic.

Regardless, I'd really like to see this idea flourish. It'd be interesting to have tribes wandering out in Eorzea. It'd be more immersive for everyone, not just the specific members of the tribe. For example, there may be Elezen who believe them poachers if they're in the Black Shroud, or something of the like.

Roles of families, tribes, etc. can be fun for everyone, so I hope we see a lot of players jumping in on organizing this tribe dynamic. :3

All that aside though, I would be personally interested in interacting with some of the tribes established, even if my character may not necessarily be in it.

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Aduu Avagnar - 07-18-2013

I'm playing a Keeper, and if people wanted to form a small family group that would be awesome.

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Ender - 07-18-2013

I'll likely be playing a Seeker, and while I still haven't quite figured out my character, I'd be happy to be part of a tribe, at least loosely! As I expect most of our characters are travelling regularly, I wouldn't expect it to be something that was constantly hanging over their head, but I'd definitely be up for having connections with one, doing some events, gatherings, etc! Smile

As for tribe, I'm personally a big fan of the Coeurl, my character is currently named C'jinn, but I can also be flexible!

If we do get a Seeker tribe going, it could be fun to get the same "sire"'s name as surname for a bunch of the chars, at least, since I don't have a surname for my character yet, I'd definitely be open to take what ever name of the sire would fit!

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Y'hmir - 07-18-2013

I'm planning on Seeker and one Keeper, both male, although my Seeker is currently in the Viper(L) tribe. I can also be flexible though.

Same with the Keeper tribe, if anyone is interested in that.

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Lren - 07-18-2013

Too bad my Keeper views the tribes as being an outdated system >>;; Going as far as to ditch any tie he has with them, only keeping the first name his father gave him.

Would be interesting to see if someone gets one running, for sure. Would love to just place him nearby and watch as he begins to feel uncomfortable XD

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Kailia - 07-18-2013

Well I will be playing a seeker of the sun Miqo'te. I am quite fond of the wolf, so her name will be W'kailia. Also I don't know what server I will be on yet either. Hopefully they make at least 1 server an RP server to make the decision a whole lot easier for me.

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Jiggy - 07-18-2013

I love this idea. Even better, my character will be a seeker as well. Though he wouldn't be able to be part of the tribe do to his backstory, he is very much in touch with his tribal roots. If they were to allow it he would likely spend extended amounts of time with them. While pulling his own weight, of course.

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Clover - 07-18-2013

(07-18-2013, 11:53 AM)Ender Wrote: As I expect most of our characters are travelling regularly, I wouldn't expect it to be something that was constantly hanging over their head, but I'd definitely be up for having connections with one, doing some events, gatherings, etc! Smile
Yes, that's how I see it too. Characters could be traveling around the world, but still keep ties with their tribe. Organizing events would also be fun, and they'd bring the Miqo'te's community together. It'd also be interesting to see what the Seeker males come up with to fight for the nunh title. There are many possibilities.

Now... I actually don't know how to organize such a thing *falls*. I guess that, in order for it to work, several people should be willing to change their characters' name to adapt to whatever tribe is chosen in the end. Should we make a poll? ;