Hydaelyn Role-Players
New official blog post - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: New official blog post (/showthread.php?tid=3001)

New official blog post - Gideon Aryeh - 07-22-2013

Not sure if someone put this up already

Various information listed here. Offline character creator release date of August 1st.

New Letter from the Producer August 8th

*dances for joy*

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog/post/487

RE: New official blog post - Clover - 07-22-2013

Character creator (*o*)
I wonder if it'll have some new hairstyles!

RE: New official blog post - Maeve - 07-22-2013

Thanks for posting this Big Grin I love it when companies release character creators early, so I can spend dayyyyys making my character pretty without feeling guilty that I'm wasting playtime.

RE: New official blog post - Naunet - 07-22-2013

(07-22-2013, 02:11 AM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote: Offline character creator release date of August 1st.

SO HAPPY!!!!!

RE: New official blog post - Desmond Aryll - 07-22-2013

(07-22-2013, 06:32 PM)Naunet Wrote:
(07-22-2013, 02:11 AM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote: Offline character creator release date of August 1st.

SO HAPPY!!!!!

What will I do with myself until next week?!

Also, I will definitely take advantage and get a decent screen cap of my chars!!

RE: New official blog post - Kailia - 07-23-2013

Wow! An offline character creator! I been thinking of my conjurer. The current plan is to make her a Seeker of the Sun, but I am wondering if I'd be able to reproduce the same look with a Keeper of the Moon. With that software I will be able to find out easy!

RE: New official blog post - doctorgalactic - 07-23-2013

(07-22-2013, 02:38 AM)Clover Wrote: Character creator (*o*)
I've been wondering the same thing myself!  Not that I'm dis-satisfied with the current selection, but I love having more options.  Rumor mill is that Yoshi-P eventually wants to include a salon in game to allow you to change things like hairstyle and possibly face-paint.

RE: New official blog post - D R E N - 07-23-2013

I just want them to add freckles Big Grin

RE: New official blog post - Martiallais - 07-23-2013

(07-22-2013, 02:38 AM)Clover Wrote: Character creator (*o*)

I'm not for sure and I can't remember where I read it but I think that they said that the CC in P4/Launch would have some more options. Probably not a ton more, I'd bet but hey...more options are more options.

RE: New official blog post - PerkPrincess - 07-23-2013

Time to get excited, as this can only mean P4 starts very soon after. B]

RE: New official blog post - Eisen - 07-23-2013

What do you think will happen to models we currently have saved in the P3 client? Will we be able to transfer then over to the new character creator?

RE: New official blog post - AFriendOfAFriend - 07-23-2013

(07-23-2013, 04:48 PM)Eisen Wrote: What do you think will happen to models we currently have saved in the P3 client? Will we be able to transfer then over to the new character creator?

The Beta Test Phase 3 Client

Both the Windows and PS3 clients used for beta test phase 3 cannot be used for beta test phase 4 or official service. Please delete the client at the end of this beta test phase.

Character Appearance Data

Character appearance data saved during beta test phase 3 can be used when creating a character during beta test phase 4 and official service. Those who wish to use their appearance data should not delete the following folder:

Windows

My Documents -> My Games -> FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn (Beta Version)

PlayStation®3
(From "XMB") Game → Saved Data Utility (PS3™)

Official SE post on the subject.

RE: New official blog post - Eisen - 07-23-2013

(07-23-2013, 04:55 PM)AFriendOfAFriend Wrote:
(07-23-2013, 04:48 PM)Eisen Wrote: What do you think will happen to models we currently have saved in the P3 client? Will we be able to transfer then over to the new character creator?

Both the Windows and PS3 clients used for beta test phase 3 cannot be used for beta test phase 4 or official service. Please delete the client at the end of this beta test phase.

Character appearance data saved during beta test phase 3 can be used when creating a character during beta test phase 4 and official service. Those who wish to use their appearance data should not delete the following folder:

Windows

PlayStation®3

Many thanks for that!

RE: New official blog post - Kailia - 07-23-2013

(07-23-2013, 04:55 PM)AFriendOfAFriend Wrote:

Windows

PlayStation®3

Thanks for this information. I just now went ahead and uninstalled the Phase 3 client. However, what if I want to delete the second char slot appearance save? Is there a way to manually remove just the second appearance data?