Hydaelyn Role-Players
You might know me from... - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: You might know me from... (/showthread.php?tid=3039)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

You might know me from... - FreelanceWizard - 07-23-2013

Despite our characters being world-traveling adventurers, it's entirely possible they've made their marks in various more mundane places. Perhaps the Gridania auditorium is your character's haunt; you hang out there even when there's not an event because you like how peaceful it can be. Maybe you're known among some in Ul'dah for giving dirty looks and warning glares at those who try to turn down certain dark alleys. It could be that you're always hanging around the Arcanist's guild, handing out sweets to the younger students. Our characters' routines can make it so that we might know each other, or know of each other, even if we've never been introduced.

So, in this thread, post two or three places and times where your character is known to hang out that others can use in their RP or as hooks to start RP.

I'll start.

You might know L'yhta Mahre from...
  • Mornings at the Bismark in Limsa Lominsa, where she's usually there just after dawn for tea and fruit.
  • All three magical guilds, which she regularly frequents and almost always with a journal in hand.
  • The shores of La Noscea, where she's known to go swimming on a somewhat regular basis.

RE: You might know me from... - Khaze'to Zhwan - 07-23-2013

Nice thread idea, might have to join in here.

You might know Khaze'to Zhwan from...

• The Markets in Gridania, years of hunting and trading skins, pelts and meats has made the stalls a regular haunt.
  • Conversing with  Wood Wailers in the city and settlements,  Khaze'to first started making masks when he was just a young teen and now they are in great demand.  He doesn't make as many these days however.

RE: You might know me from... - Asyria - 07-23-2013

Azyria (secretly Blue Moon)
- You might have heard about  amasked Miqo'te with a spear haunting the rooftops and alleys of Ul'dah at night, thwarting criminal and brass blades alike, but lending a hand to sultanate guards or civilians.

- You might have seen a blue-haired Miqo'te Keeper working her humble smithy in Ul'dah with her sister, or perhaps you are one of their customers.

Agata
- You might have heard of or seen a rowdy roegadyn girl brawling and drinking in taverns or fighting  just about anywhere in Thanalan. Maybe you even fought her!

(more coming as I make final decisions on some other alts)

RE: You might know me from... - Eva - 07-23-2013

Oooh, awesome idea!!!

You might know Eva from (all of these would be at and before 1572, five years ago):
  • 1570-1572: Regularly working the looms at Sunsilks Tapestries during weekdays
  • 1571-1572: Regularly volunteering as a nurse at Stillglade Fane (generally on weekends)
  • 1571-1572: As an officer of the Everwatch mercenary organization in Gridania
  • 1559-1570: As a store clerk at a little old book shop in Gridania off the beaten path (she would have been rather portly and without her face tattoo during the majority of the earlier years during this time as well)

She will still frequent Sunsilks and Stillglade in ARR once she figures things out a little better too, but not just quite yet.  Blush

RE: You might know me from... - sanguineFenrir - 07-23-2013

Kevaraan, being a jack-of-anything-interesting-but-master-of-none, can often be found loitering or working at the various trades guilds or adventuring guilds. He's bound to be seen at least dabbling in all of them, but here are the ones he favors:

Lancer's Guild (most likely), possibly also the Archers' Guild
Any of the three magical guilds, but most likely that of Conjury, given he spends a lot of time in Gridania. 

For crafting and trades, he favors the Botanists' and Alchemists' guilds. He has plans to go to Limsa Lominsa to learn from the chefs and culinarians there, as one can only subsist on generically-roasted meats and produce for so long.

While whatever city Kevaraan is headquartered at is likely to change based on his needs, he currently calls Gridania home. He is known for regularly keeping board at the Carline Canopy, and eats lunch there nearly daily--if you frequent the area, you've probably seen him there, or bumped into him in the mornings. He enjoys taking evening strolls throughout the city, and occasionally stops at the amphitheatre to meditate, read, or simply relax.

RE: You might know me from... - lady2beetle - 07-23-2013

You might know Adriel from...

*wandering the markets of Gridania and bartering with the merchants there.

You might know Runa from...

*(up until a year ago) wandering the alleys of Ul'dah and picking fights with the gangs of bullies there,
*haunting the pugilist's training rooms, always ready to duel somebody, or
*(starting a year ago) working long hours at the goldsmith's guild in Limsa Lominsa, making high quality trinkets

RE: You might know me from... - Naunet - 07-23-2013

Fantastic idea.

[Image: tumblr_mq75m4KepA1rrdk3eo1_1280.png]

Pre-Calamity
- Anyone who wants to be involved in the K tribe myself and others are loosely building may have known my character (see thread here for more info).

Post-Calamity
- Antimony works in assets management and assessment, often as an auditor. If your character has a business, they may be familiar with her employer and/or recognize her. Depending on how well-connected your character is business-wise, they may be familiar with a few rumors surrounding her and her employer - primarily, that clients her employer sends her out to audit can often end up "missing".
- Some time around the game's release, Antimony will begin employ at a new organization, the Commerce Regulation Agency, carrying out similar auditing and management tasks that she's done in the past. Again, for characters involved in a business, they may know her and/or the organization in passing.
- Some may recognize her as a common fixture hanging around outside the arcanist guild in Limsa Lominsa, though she doesn't often actually step inside.

RE: You might know me from... - Aduu Avagnar - 07-23-2013

given Nako'li is just starting out on his life of adventure you would mostly know him from:
  • Any of the three guilds in U'dah, but primarily in the Thaumaturges guild.
  • Practicing Alchemy in a lab
  • out and about in Ul'Dah, primarily around The Sandstorm

RE: You might know me from... - lady2beetle - 07-23-2013

(07-23-2013, 03:42 PM)Post-Calamity Wrote: - Antimony works in assets management and assessment, often as an auditor. If your character has a business, they may be familiar with her employer and/or recognize her. Depending on how well-connected your character is business-wise, they may be familiar with a few rumors surrounding her and her employer - primarily, that clients her employer sends her out to audit can often end up "missing".
- Some time around the game's release, Antimony will begin employ at a new organization, the Commerce Regulation Agency, carrying out similar auditing and management tasks that she's done in the past. Again, for characters involved in a business, they may know her and/or the organization in passing.

As someone with a large merchant business, we might need to coordinate some plots between your employers and House Marchand!

RE: You might know me from... - DimmerMeerkat - 07-23-2013

You might know Rakka'sae Kuhn from...
  • Gridania; Doing petty work and occasionally begging alongside his twin brother for money, shortly after the Calamity.
  • Ul'dah; Doing more petty work to survive. The mute whose brother was making money in shadier ways for a time.
  • Frequenting the taverns wherever his work takes him.
You might know Kaahi Faahtra from...
  • Ul'dah; She may have picked your pocket...
  • Causing a scene just about anywhere she goes.
  • Prior to the Calamity, the sole Miqo'te (and a child) in a small desert merchant town mostly comprised of Elezen traders who had originally come from Gridania.

RE: You might know me from... - Naunet - 07-23-2013

(07-23-2013, 03:49 PM)lady2beetle Wrote: As someone with a large merchant business, we might need to coordinate some plots between your employers and House Marchand!

Ooo, happily! :3 We're hoping to post a bit of a blurb on our LS within the next few days (just gotta hammer out a few details), so keep an eye out and perhaps we can start brewing something up!

RE: You might know me from... - growly beast - 07-23-2013

You might know K'araqi Nunh from...
  • Ul'dah - you've watched him and / or the women of his tribe dance in the streets
  • Ul'dah - you've been pickpocketed by a very young miqo'te at any point (particularly if watching the dancers) - that'd be one of his daughters, K'ali Araqi
  • Ul'dah - you've been outside the southern gates, and noted that there's a series of tents set up that serves as a temporary home for those of the Hipparion tribe that are currently in the city
  • Sagolii Desert - you've wandered the desert, along the marked roads or otherwise; you may see a Hipparion tribe settlement similar to the one outside the gates, seen them hunting, or saw a part of them traveling to and from Ul'dah

RE: You might know me from... - Martiallais - 07-23-2013

Awesome thread and I've seen a few people who I'll probably need to touch base with later Cool

You might know Zarek Windsoul from...

- The pugilist's guild in Ul'dah. He trained there regularly and was always open to a fight.
- The Bloodsands in Ul'dah. While not a big time combatant by any means, he's taken his share of wins and losses in the coliseum, including delivering at least one notable upset win.
- Working for the Platinum Mirage (in Ul'dah of course). Largely doing bouncer-type things at the gambling halls but also a part of collections and worse.
- (And most recently) Likely somewhere in Limsa Lominsa looking somewhat sea sick or wandering aimlessly around the city.

RE: You might know me from... - Mara - 07-23-2013

You might know Mara Sutton from...

-The Bloodsands in Ul'dah, watching her personal favorite fighter in action and/or waiting for him by the exit door.
-Various gambling establishments and taverns in Ul'dah and Limsa Lominsa, drinking rum and using her "assets" to her advantage to help her win at cards.
-The Thaumaturges' Guild in Ul'dah, looking utterly bored while reading some text or other on spellcasting techniques.
-Merchants' shops in all three major cities, haggling over prices while buying and selling various goods.
-Barking orders (rather loudly) from the deck of her ship when it's at port in Limsa.

RE: You might know me from... - Lren - 07-23-2013

This has definitely been a lot of fun thinking about xD!

You might know Lren Rendarren from...

- The various mercenary's travelling Eorzea. Lren would often mingle with said groups to seek faster employment.
- Could often been seen spectating and joining in for sparring at the Pugilist's Guild in Uldah.
- Rumors floating about of a wandering Pugilist that travels between the three cities, challenging the wilds.

In more recent days from:

- The Lancer's Guild in Gridania, where he could often be seen training with spear, at all hours of the day.
- Perhaps heard a man as he walked by, seemingly holding a conversation with himself.

Things are subject to change, though they will be minor. :3