Hydaelyn Role-Players
Mysterium, the Ivory Tower - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Linkshell Hall (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Chronicles (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: Mysterium, the Ivory Tower (/showthread.php?tid=3321)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Mysterium, the Ivory Tower - Heart Quintessence - 03-17-2015

You have my attention, this may play well into who and what Yhisa is.. I may be coming to check things out, if there is a chance that it could open up some back story.

At least have a look OOCly, its interesting that it so rigid, in some ways.

RE: Mysterium, the Ivory Tower - FreelanceWizard - 03-17-2015

We'd love to meet you! Smile Feel free to poke any of us that you see online.

Things are a bit more fluid in practice than they may appear; sure, we have a big charter with rules and such, but it's really just to ensure we're all on the same page about how we want to RP. We've never had to discipline anyone for violations of consent rules, for instance.

As for the IC structure, it's very fluid. Smile

RE: Mysterium, the Ivory Tower - Heart Quintessence - 03-17-2015

Always good. Especialy since, you know People and MMOs means fluidity is important.

I'll be on today and I'll attempt to track people down, ICly, Yhisa is now deciding whether to go to Ul'dah or Limsa, but which city first, because other cities are more open and welcoming of outsiders/ish.

RE: Mysterium, the Ivory Tower - FreelanceWizard - 06-10-2015

Coming into Heavensward, not only are we still alive and kicking, but we have some big plans!
  • We've revamped our web presence! We're now hosted by Shivtr. Our new site is http://www.themysterium.org.
  • We've got a new metaplot in the works for Heavensward to give everyone an opportunity to link their personal storylines together into a grand story of devious backroom dealings and dark plots. If you're looking for a magic and investigation storyline involving conspiracies, the occasional dramatic battle, and complex motivations, this may be the right time to look us up.
  • To that end, we're instituting weekly "storyline nights" to progress our metaplot.
  • We're also going to be introducing our Story Engine, a narrativist game system designed to quickly and fairly resolve conflicts by letting characters shine at the things they're good at and giving players bennies for having their characters fail at the things they're bad at. The Story Engine employs dramatic editing, a bidding system tied to actions, and a "trump" system to minimize rolls and let players focus on the scene, as opposed to the mechanics, while still sometimes letting your fate rest on a roll of the dice. The Story Engine is designed for use with the /random command.

If any of this sounds like it might be your cup of tea, look us up at our new site or give one of us a poke here or in game!

EDIT: Also, if you're in charge of an LS or FC that'd be interested in getting involved with this, or getting us involved with your plots as a magic resource (or "squints," one might say Smile ), give us a poke, too.

RE: Mysterium, the Ivory Tower - FreelanceWizard - 06-30-2015

June update: With the launch of Heavensward, we're making good use of our IC linkshell to chat about the new metaphysical revelations and how awesome it is to be able to fly. If you're of a magical bent, come talk with us!

RE: Mysterium, the Ivory Tower - Kellach Woods - 06-30-2015

I have harrr peed with these folks and they are pretty danged amazing.

If you've a magical bent or even a magical straight you should look them up.

I hear they are a good resource on Nym. And Voidsent.

RE: Mysterium, the Ivory Tower - FreelanceWizard - 07-25-2015

Happy July, everyone!

We're still around and have brought a few new members into the fold this month, as well as extending our linkshell out to some of our Dear Friends in other groups to help expand RP opportunities.

I'm also beginning to compile magic lore into a page, much like the miqo'te lore page I have on our old forums. I hope to have an initial version of that up in the next few weeks so there's a centralized spot for all those delicious and oft hidden lore bits about the different magical practices. As much as I like searching posts on the RPC for lore references, a one-stop spot is easier for me, at least.

We're having a meet and greet today (7/25/15) at our house (Mist 5/24) from 1-4 US Central time, if anyone wants to drop by and say hello!

RE: Mysterium, the Ivory Tower - Ekidna - 07-29-2015

It seems really interesting. I'm a newcomer on balmung and would love to meet you. I'm also a newcomer on FF14 (though not new in RP at all), so I'd really love to learn more about magic in the lore : )
(If you could send me an invite, my character's name is "La Pacificatrice").

RE: Mysterium, the Ivory Tower - FreelanceWizard - 07-29-2015

(07-29-2015, 03:11 AM)Ekidna Wrote: It seems really interesting. I'm a newcomer on balmung and would love to meet you. I'm also a newcomer on FF14 (though not new in RP at all), so I'd really love to learn more about magic in the lore : )
(If you could send me an invite, my character's name is "La Pacificatrice").

Hi, and welcome to the server! Smile I'll keep a look out for you in game and we can chat. If you're interested in applying, check out our site, and we certainly don't mind inviting you to our OOC LS in the meantime.

RE: Mysterium, the Ivory Tower - Ekidna - 07-29-2015

Thank you Smile
I've checked your website. The way the tower is organized made me think of the Tremere clan in Vampire the mascarade ^^

RE: Mysterium, the Ivory Tower - FreelanceWizard - 07-29-2015

*gasp* You're on to us! Quick! Hide the ghouls and the blood chalices! Smile

In all seriousness, though, there's a lot of similarities between the Tower and magical fraternities, both as they exist in real life and as they're portrayed in role-playing games. The Order of Hermes from Ars Magica (and later, Mage: the Ascension) isn't a bad analogue for what we try to do conceptually. Since Clan Tremere used to be a Hermetic House, well... that's where the similarities come from! Smile

RE: Mysterium, the Ivory Tower - Ekidna - 07-30-2015

It reminds me of a lot of good memories with my RPG association ^^ Though I've never played Ars Magica our association's library had it. We've played a lot in the World of Darkness and we even had a cool larp group, the roleplayers there were awesome =O

Well, I've noticed we have about 8hours of time differences, so I'll probably see you IG only on week-ends. But I'll try to contact you IG as I'm really enthousiast with your LS (and the fact you know Whitewolf even more ^^).

RE: Mysterium, the Ivory Tower - Shinorah Nightsbane - 08-24-2015

You had me at Tremere!

I'm only looking for RP linkshells atm (just joined an RP FC), but this definitely sounds right up Norah's alley if linkshell membership is an option.  Shinorah Nightsbane is my character - please let me know if there is a good way to meet people ICly and learn more about the group.  Thank you!

RE: Mysterium, the Ivory Tower - FreelanceWizard - 08-31-2015

We're still here and meeting new people! We're starting up a monthly presentation of magical research, and a new angle in our RP is how the Code of the Magi should be interpreted with regards to those outside the Tower.

Even if you're not interested in joining, feel free to look us up for advice for your magical problems and stories.

RE: Mysterium, the Ivory Tower - Kellach Woods - 08-31-2015

oshi that angle is probs relevant to me. Even though I only magic when mages aren't there.