Hydaelyn Role-Players
EU Endgame FC? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: EU Endgame FC? (/showthread.php?tid=3423)

EU Endgame FC? - Xeon - 08-09-2013

So ugh, yea... Pretty sure the Title says it all.

Like most people i believe, i want a well nonrp FC then keep the rp things to LS's

So im wondering if there is any member, or a FC in or around RPC that will do stuff like endgame raids and whatnot. During the EU time of day :3

Thanks ahead of time.

-Xeon

RE: EU Endgame FC? - Khaze'to Zhwan - 08-10-2013

(08-09-2013, 10:36 AM)Xeon Wrote: So ugh, yea... Pretty sure the Title says it all.

Like most people i believe, i want a well nonrp FC then keep the rp things to LS's

So im wondering if there is any member, or a FC in or around RPC that will do stuff like endgame raids and whatnot. During the EU time of day :3

Thanks ahead of time.

-Xeon
I'm in the same boat, I can bend my time zone round rp but for end game stuff kinda want it when I'm fully awake and shizz.  If there isn't one we should make one.

RE: EU Endgame FC? - Aduu Avagnar - 08-10-2013

(08-10-2013, 08:01 AM)Khaze Wrote:
(08-09-2013, 10:36 AM)Xeon Wrote: So ugh, yea... Pretty sure the Title says it all.

Thanks ahead of time.

-Xeon
I'm in the same boat, I can bend my time zone round rp but for end game stuff kinda want it when I'm fully awake and shizz.  If there isn't one we should make one.
The Sapphire Guard rise again? Tongue

RE: EU Endgame FC? - Kari Illderthane - 08-10-2013

I actually have about 5 other people from EU actually joining me when ARR hits live so I shall talk to them and see what they think of an idea for a free company.

RE: EU Endgame FC? - Xeon - 08-10-2013

So interest check then? We need atleast 8 people in total for the very first i believe.

And if someone fancy pvp, something can be thrown together i would assume O.o

-Xeon

RE: EU Endgame FC? - Khaze'to Zhwan - 08-10-2013

(08-10-2013, 09:02 AM)Nako Wrote:
(08-10-2013, 08:01 AM)Khaze Wrote:

Thanks ahead of time.

-Xeon
The Sapphire Guard rise again? Tongue
Indeed Tim indeed, 

On that note I have had some experience running guilds and things in wow as an officer for a guild leader who was a little shy Big Grin.

RE: EU Endgame FC? - Aduu Avagnar - 08-10-2013

To go alongside ^ I also have experience running guilds, as well as raid leading end game content in both progression and social guilds.

RE: EU Endgame FC? - Kari Illderthane - 08-10-2013

It could be worth getting into a skype chat and talking about this to get something started.

Also I too have had experience as an officer also.

RE: EU Endgame FC? - Xeon - 08-10-2013

Have got some experience with being an officer, and more experience leading raids. And yes we should start a skype chat, don't think i have Nako and Khaze's skypes though, so perhaps you can drop them here or pm them to me or something? 
Or just send out a message to me if you're on intermission xD

-Xeon

RE: EU Endgame FC? - Clover - 08-11-2013

Nice idea! I think I'll want to join it when the time comes if it's alright, as I tend to take endgame seriously in games I enjoy.

It's not even just about time zones. I feel that I understand the EU community better (I'm from Spain).

RE: EU Endgame FC? - Rinh Hallani - 08-11-2013

I'd be interested in this too. I won't exactly be rushing to endgame but once I get there, definitely.

RE: EU Endgame FC? - Taeh Niumoenwyn - 08-11-2013

When I've been involved in the setup and/or running of guilds I've always thought that is was a good idea for the players to get to know each other as well as their characters getting to know each other through RP.

For that reason I always advocate that guild chat is ooc (although I don't object to it being ic) and then use other channels for RP communication including long distant if the lore of the game supports, e.g. radios in The Secret World.

So having both Free Companies and Linkshells available makes this very easy. In fact I see no reason why they couldn't be part of the same 'guild' who use the Free Company channel for ooc and a linkshell for ic.

I have a rough idea for a guild based on something like this:
Quote:Journey is a small group of adventurers who have chosen to focus on exploring Ezorea’s mysteries while helping the city-state of <To Be Agreed>. A few of our members also do their best work within the walls of the other city-states and have joined our ranks as operatives and spies.

If you like roleplaying (regardless of your style), play during european times on the Balmung server and have a common sense approach to playing the game, we might have a guild for you!

RE: EU Endgame FC? - Xeon - 08-11-2013

We will be no means rush people, the idea is to have a EU FC who will do various things such as raids for those that are awake during EU times whether they live in the EU or just awake at awkward times. 

We probably will even try to get some rp going in the fc with the fc as a group if there is interest for such. 

Anyhow i believe we came to the conclusion last night that it will be more leaning towards the casual side of things rather than hardcore pve and pvp. But since the idea came up yesterday i think, Nothing is really decided i would say. (forgot when i posted original post :3)

-Xeon

RE: EU Endgame FC? - Khaze'to Zhwan - 08-11-2013

Hehe I thought we would see you signing up Clover. 

@Katattax there is no rush, we aim to enjoy the RP as well.

@Gitm we were aiming for a FC where it doesn't matter what your character does IC and just focus on end game during EU hours.  We were discussing a few ways to make it fit into the lore of course.  Just without the RP element.

RE: EU Endgame FC? - Sini'to Shadar - 08-17-2013

I'd support that! call me in. (well, technically im already in ^^)

A skypegroup would be nice, a forum even better. We already pointed out ingame that for discussing certain topics we would need a discussion thread. For chats (skype or ingame), there's never everyone online. On a forum all can just write their opinion down, so the other s can read it anytime.