Hydaelyn Role-Players
Gamers defend their local store from robbers! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Gamers defend their local store from robbers! (/showthread.php?tid=343)

Pages: 1 2

Gamers defend their local store from robbers! - Seraphine Felstar - 08-03-2010

Do not mess with gamers. We spend all day training, learning tactics, and pretending to be heroes and villains. People call us nerds, accuse us of a lack of social skills, and take our lunch money... but never touch our Nintendo DS!

Quote:Gamers defend gaming center from robbers with fists
Aug. 2, 2010 (1:18 pm) By: Matthew Humphries

Of all the places you’d think would be targeted for robbery, a gaming center comes well down the list. The PCs will be secured to desks, money transactions will be minimal and probably mainly done by credit card, and there’s going to be a lot of witnesses in the form of a room full of gamers.

That didn’t stop a couple of guys wearing masks attempting to rob such a center, though. But it looks like they underestimated the clientele and what they would do to defend their local gaming hotspot.

Watch the video to reveal all. Gamers are hardcore fighters as well as players it seems.
http://www.geek.com/articles/games/gamers-defend-gaming-center-from-robbers-with-fists-2010082/

Re: Gamers defend their local store from robbers! - DAISHI - 08-03-2010

Otherwise titled, gamers use gift of being overweight to sit on robber.

Re: Gamers defend their local store from robbers! - Arzy - 08-03-2010

They were black, yes good sirs, black. Big Grin

"Defending their second home..." Titles like these make every gamer in the world look like a failed existence without any real life. Sheesh....

Re: Gamers defend their local store from robbers! - Asyria - 08-03-2010

What's wrong with you guys? Calling them overweight nolifers? If only there were customers like those guys in the corner store I used to work at!

Re: Gamers defend their local store from robbers! - ArmachiA - 08-03-2010

[Image: seee.gif]

Re: Gamers defend their local store from robbers! - Monadi - 08-03-2010

[Image: Falcon___PUNCH_by_theblackmarketcra.gif]

Re: Gamers defend their local store from robbers! - Kashemia - 08-03-2010

I guess it's because that even in gamer cultures, you have to look a specific way to be "cool", and they don't look like that? *shrugs*

While I in no way condone violence, I think it's sort of cool that they did it. It's sort of interesting though, if it had been a fitness center for instance, I don't think anyone would have been surprised if the members got up and beat the robbers up, but since this is gamers, it's different. We generally judge a lot of people based on what they look/what interest they have, even when we have the same interest ourselves Smile

Re: Gamers defend their local store from robbers! - Gavriel - 08-03-2010

Kashemia Wrote:I guess it's because that even in gamer cultures, you have to look a specific way to be "cool", and they don't look like that? *shrugs*

While I in no way condone violence, I think it's sort of cool that they did it. It's sort of interesting though, if it had been a fitness center for instance, I don't think anyone would have been surprised if the members got up and beat the robbers up, but since this is gamers, it's different. We generally judge a lot of people based on what they look/what interest they have, even when we have the same interest ourselves Smile

I have military experience as well as training in Krav Maga. Also, I finally got my concealed carry permit last month, so I'm usually packing a .38... However, I'm still a gamer who likes Final Fantasy and RPs with cat-women on the internet. GOT A PROBLEM?

Re: Gamers defend their local store from robbers! - Asyria - 08-03-2010

A gamer with a concealed .38? :O
You are a very dangerous man!
Tongue

Gavriel Wrote:I have military experience as well as training in Krav Maga. Also, I finally got my concealed carry permit last month, so I'm usually packing a .38... However, I'm still a gamer who likes Final Fantasy and RPs with cat-women on the internet. GOT A PROBLEM?

Hehe, I guess you prove my point that we shouldn't "expect" too much of people based on what they like to do in their past time Smile

Re: Gamers defend their local store from robbers! - Zhavi - 08-03-2010

That was funny.

Re: Gamers defend their local store from robbers! - Gavriel - 08-03-2010

Kashemia Wrote:Hehe, I guess you prove my point that we shouldn't "expect" too much of people based on what they like to do in their past time Smile
Tongue
I'm a nice guy, really!

Re: Gamers defend their local store from robbers! - Monadi - 08-03-2010

Hey, gamers are actually a pretty diverse group. Some of us even reside in places other than our mother's basement! Laugh

No way! Also, there is no girls on the internet!

Re: Gamers defend their local store from robbers! - Merri - 08-03-2010

Monadi Wrote:Hey, gamers are actually a pretty diverse group. Some of us even reside in places other than our mother's basement! Laugh

Like our father's basement!

...Sadly, that was actually true for me up until a few months ago.