Hydaelyn Role-Players
What Item Represents Your Character? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: What Item Represents Your Character? (/showthread.php?tid=3516)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

What Item Represents Your Character? - Gar - 08-13-2013

So for a while now I have been doing a sort of Final Fantasy marathon to get ready for FFXIV. I just played through VI and watched the ending tonight. During one part it shows a table with a book. After that it starts to cycle through different items then says the character's name that is linked to the item. (I guessed most of them before it was said. I missed Shadow's. It was an apple. But when his name came up shuriken flew into it so... yeah)

I thought it was interesting that we could figure out what character they were talking about from a single item laying on a table. So I started thinking... if my Final Fantasy character had an item laying on a table, what would it be?

I decided that Garryson's item would be the beads he always wears around his wrist. I am not going to say the meaning of the beads because that is a huge spoiler in my character's story. But if someone heard his story or played a game with him as the protagonist, they would instantly recognize the item.

So I'm curious as to what other characters items would be? If your character had a game of them, and in the ending sequence there was piano music playing and a single item on a table, what would it be?

RE: What Item Represents Your Character? - Roda - 08-13-2013

Mine would have a small notebook where she could write down all her notes and doodles, her ideas and things worth remembering.

I may actually acquire a small notebook myself so I could perform such actions as I RP. :o
I might even upload them if someday if I ever decide to not be a lazy person.

RE: What Item Represents Your Character? - Gideon Aryeh - 08-13-2013

[Image: pipe-tobacco.jpg]

For Amaare it would be his spilled over smoking pipe

RE: What Item Represents Your Character? - Hywel Pendragon - 08-13-2013

Hmm....

I would think a ship in a bottle for Faydrel. Big Grin

RE: What Item Represents Your Character? - Naunet - 08-13-2013

Oh, hard question.
My first instinct for Antimony was for her glasses, but while they a certainly a part of her image, I don't think they're really a part of her character except maybe in the most cliche sense (glasses = intelligence). But she just wears them because she's aging and her vision is going. So not very significant.

My second thought was a compass - the kind for measuring angles and drawing circles, not for navigation. But... I don't know. Antimony certainly has a passion for her mathematics and aether theory. But does that represent her whole character?

Dx Dilemma! Maybe this is a sign I just need to RP more.

RE: What Item Represents Your Character? - Twinflame - 08-13-2013

Megiddo carries a long, thin piece of cloth into which words are stitched. The words themselves are secret, but for the purposes of this question, I'll be a bit meta and put the following poem upon it:

Point 
Pablo Neruda

No hay espacio más ancho que el dolor 
No hay universo como aquel que sangra

(translated)
There is no space wider than that of grief
There is no universe like that which bleeds

Is that too heavy-handed? lol

RE: What Item Represents Your Character? - Selsix - 08-13-2013

For Selsix this would most certainly be a small pocket watch that he carries on him at all times, supposedly left for him by his mother.

It serves as a personal identifier, as well as a clue to his preferred deity, Althyk.

RE: What Item Represents Your Character? - Teardrop - 08-13-2013

A half-masque of a flawless alabaster-like material, which covers the left side of Isobeau's face. There is a stylized tear-shaped diamond placed near the inner corner of the eye socket.

RE: What Item Represents Your Character? - Zyrusticae - 08-13-2013

T'rahnu's is pretty easy to figure out:
[Image: mapandcompass1.jpg]

Yup.

RE: What Item Represents Your Character? - Ashren Dotharl - 08-13-2013

Ashren's item(s) would probably be a mortar and pestle.

RE: What Item Represents Your Character? - Felix Sideris - 08-13-2013

For Felix, I don't even know o.o

I was thinking maybe his Pan-pipe because it could possibly represent friendship and happiness.

At the same time, the most important thing to him next to friendship is harmony and serenity...

Maybe a small carving of a wolf?

I dunno o_o

RE: What Item Represents Your Character? - Nova - 08-13-2013

Dustyn's would be a pendant of a silver dragon curled around a dark blue stone with an engraving on the back.

RE: What Item Represents Your Character? - Eva - 08-13-2013

Show Content

Okay that was more than one item.  Let's just say the teacup (but with a wedge of lemon over the rim~)

RE: What Item Represents Your Character? - Tyriont - 08-13-2013

Show Content

Although nobody else knows why yet from an IC perspective, Ty's cabin carries a strong scent of lilacs and he'll often smell lightly of them himself. There's a couple of reasons for it, one of them being that in the language of flowers, the lilac symbolizes the first emotions of love, which I find rather fitting for Ty.

RE: What Item Represents Your Character? - K'nahli - 08-13-2013

(08-13-2013, 03:02 AM)Roda Wrote: Mine would have a small notebook where she could write down all her notes and doodles, her ideas and things worth remembering.

I may actually acquire a small notebook myself so I could perform such actions as I RP. :o
I might even upload them if someday if I ever decide to not be a lazy person.

Yes! Do this.

K'nahli's item would certainly be her bow.
Andre's item would possibly be his lute but it's not like he brings it everywhere with him.
Alex's item... if he were to have anything then possibly his coin pouch since his is significantly wealthy.