Hydaelyn Role-Players
FFXIV-focussed Character Questions! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: FFXIV-focussed Character Questions! (/showthread.php?tid=3569)

FFXIV-focussed Character Questions! - raindrops - 08-14-2013

aka. 'Character Questions, yes another one'

I know we already have the 100 character questions thing a page back, but I found the questions in it very general. Which isn't bad but it meant that while it was a great, great resource for fleshing out existing characters who already have a place within Eorzea it was a little overwhelming and not such a good tool for figuring out new characters, what they'd be up to in the world and how they'd fit in.

This is largely just a list of questions I made for myself and some RP friends but I figured I'd share it since it might be helpful to some people here.

Show Content
And that's it! It's a lot shorter than the 100 questions one, since it's really just for figuring out the basics, and it's probably not too useful to people who already have their character sorted out but I'm hoping it'll be a helpful resource to people who are trying to figure out how their characters fit into the setting.

(Incidentally, I am not a V1er. I've had a V1 friend scan this through and they thought it was cool but if anyone who's been playing for a while has any ideas for things I've missed or things I probably shouldn't have added, I'd love any advice you have to give!)

RE: FFXIV-focussed Character Questions! - Aysun - 08-14-2013

Pretty sweet, gonna do it now for fun anyway! Just wanted to point out you should change "Tribe" to "Clan"! Smile

RE: FFXIV-focussed Character Questions! - raindrops - 08-14-2013

Thank you for that! I was having a whole lot of trouble with tribe vs. clan, since I've seen both used and I wasn't sure which was correct. Editing now!

RE: FFXIV-focussed Character Questions! - Aysun - 08-14-2013

(08-14-2013, 10:03 PM)raindrops Wrote: Thank you for that! I was having a whole lot of trouble with tribe vs. clan, since I've seen both used and I wasn't sure which was correct. Editing now!

Well I can break it down real quick!

Race (the overall: Hyur, Elezen, etc)
Clan (the sub: Midlander, Highlander, Duskwight, Wildwood, etc)

Tribe (for Miqo'tes, used in naming conventions)

RE: FFXIV-focussed Character Questions! - raindrops - 08-14-2013

Ah, that explains it! Thank you so much! I knew I'd seen 'tribe' used somewhere, I must have just got mixed up from the naming conventions info.

RE: FFXIV-focussed Character Questions! - Teardrop - 08-14-2013

Psst, Raindrops! Kinda off topic, but come visit our Duskwight Discussion thread Cool. We don't just have the last part of our name in common Laugh

RE: FFXIV-focussed Character Questions! - Ryanti - 08-14-2013

I'll do this when I have a moment. Cool

RE: FFXIV-focussed Character Questions! - Kismet - 08-15-2013

I personally found the 100 Questions thing to be great for a new character. It was easier to do than forcing myself to churn out a traditional bio in terms of getting a feel for their personality/outlining a backstory. But that's just my opinion!

I do like how condensed and concise these questions are, though. It's nice to have an alternative choice for those who feel overwhelmed by the other one.

RE: FFXIV-focussed Character Questions! - Xha'li Moui - 08-15-2013

The Super Basics

Name:Xha'li Moui

Race:Miqo'te
Clan:Keeper of the Moon(Dominant)/Seeker of the Sun

Starting Class:Arcanist

Starting City:Limsa Lolimsa
Birth Date:2A 23 1557, 6th Astral Era
Patron Deity:The Naviagator(Forget her name, to lazy to look it up Tongue )

Backstory
Where did they grow up?:Small village on the edge of the Black Shroud
Anything about their upbringing that was unusual for their race/tribe?:
Any notable friends/relatives/etc from their past?:Xha, Xha'a, Xha'to, Kinzie, Aaruka, his village matriach
...Any living ones?:Xha, Xha'a, Xha'to
If applicable, would you be open to people RPing these characters?: Xha'to only
What were their thoughts on adventurers before becoming one?:He knew it was coming
What are their thoughts on them now?:Enjoying the freedom
Why did they become an adventurer?:Exiled for wanting to study magic, plus its the family curse/tradition

For Legacy Characters
How do they feel about losing five years of time?:
How do they feel about their V1 selves being forgotten by NPCs?:
How do they feel about the sudden changes to the world?:

For New Characters
What were they doing 5-7 years ago during the events of V1?:Growing up
How did the whole meteor business change their lives?:Whole reason he was exiled for studying magic, matriarch blamed it on mages, and got all magic banned by those who lived in the village.
How do they feel about the Warriors of Light?:Haven't heard to much about 'em

Frontstory
What are they doing now?:Studying Arcanum, doing odd levequests on weekends
Any trades? DOH and DOL count, but so do things that don’t have dedicated classes!:Arcanist
Long Term Goals:Track down dad/find out what happened to him, return to village after matriach dies
Short Term Goals: Not dieing of boredom during basic magical theory classes

Beliefs and Such
Thoughts on the Twelve: Respects them,
Thoughts on Vylbrand and Limsa Lominsa:Love the scent of sea
Thoughts on Thanalan and Ul’dah: To sandy
Thoughts on the Black Shroud and Gridania: Plesant
Thoughts on other locations (Mor Dhona, Coerthas and Ishgard, Ala Mhigo etc.): Far off lands he'd like to visit someday
Thoughts on the Grand Companies: Still learning about 'em
Thoughts on the Enlightened Races and Tribes: ???
Thoughts on the Beast Races: Live and let live as long as they don't summon primals
Thoughts on the Primals: A danger, one best mitigated by making it such that the beasts tribes won't WANT to summon them.
Thoughts on the Garlean Empire: A threat that much be removed from Eorzea
How vocal are they about these beliefs?:Not very.
Describe their personal philosophy in a sentence: Freedom, but not at the expense of another.