Hydaelyn Role-Players
Zombie Defense Tips n' Tricks! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Zombie Defense Tips n' Tricks! (/showthread.php?tid=363)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Zombie Defense Tips n' Tricks! - Siben - 08-08-2010

Before we derail the gun owner's thread any further (and get shot at ;P) here's a thread for discussion of the Inevitable Zombie Apocalypse™

What gear would you have with you?
What tactics would you employ for survival?
Where would you go?
How would you get there?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The "Money is No Object" Scenario
My gear
  • Armor: Full body, light-weight chain mail or some other type of "bite n' claw" resistant body armor and head gear. Strong enough to not get bit or ripped to shreds but not so heavy that it'd effect your movement
  • Primary Weapon: Saiga-12 or similar shotgun
  • Side Arm: .45 caliber pistol (Maybe an HK USP or something that I could fit with a flashlight and laser)
  • Melee: Machete
  • Wheels: Something like this[/list:u]

Tactics: After securing stored supplies and transportation attempt to maneuver around the horde or, if not possible, through them.

Where to go: Attempt to contact the nearest Military installation over radio
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The "Zombies Happened 35 minutes Ago" Scenario (aka: What do you have at hand right now?)
    Gear:
    • Light clothing
    • Long range weapons: none
    • Melee weapons: Baseball bat, Chef's knife
    • Wheels: Van[/list:u]

Tactics: Run around in a circle screaming "ohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshit" for a while, get in van, drive to nearest lake, steal boat and fishing supplies, abscond

Re: Zombie Defense Tips n' Tricks! - Seraphine Felstar - 08-08-2010

Quote:http://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Survival-Guide-Complete-Protection/dp/1400049628
In this outrageous parody of a survival guide, Saturday Night Live staff writer Brooks prepares humanity for its eventual battle with zombies. One would expect the son of Mel Brooks to have a genetic predisposition to humor, and indeed, he does, and he exhibits it relentlessly here: he outlines virtually every possible zombie-human encounter, drafts detailed plans for defense and attack and outlines past recorded attacks dating from 60,000 B.C. to 2002. In planning for that catastrophic day when "the dead rise," Brooks urges readers to get to know themselves, their bodies, their weaponry, their surroundings and, just in case, their escape routes. Some of the book's more amusing aspects are the laughable analyses Brooks proposes on all aspects of zombiehood, and the specificity with which he enumerates the necessary actions for survival-i.e., a member of an anti-zombie team must be sure to have with him at all times two emergency flares, a signaling mirror, daily rations, a personal mess kit and two pairs of socks. Comic, though unnecessarily exhaustive, this is a good bet for Halloween gag gifts and fans of Bored of the Rings-esque humor. 100 line drawings.
Copyright 2003 Reed Business Information, Inc.

Everything you need to know right there. I read that once while I was sitting in a Boarders waiting for Zane to get finished at his work across the street. I actually have tons of zombie dreams and they totally freak me out but after reading this I'm confident I could beat up any zombie - even Micheal Jackson.

Just remember to always carry a spare bullet in your pocket!

Re: Zombie Defense Tips n' Tricks! - Axl - 08-08-2010

Well, for me, if I were to be using what I actually own, I would say, SCAR-16S with CQB barrel, foregrip, and aimpoint. tactical vest, gloves, kevlar helmet, water resistant boots, and ACU.

What I would prefer, for individual ground defense, SCAR-L, with same attachments, m1014 without the stock (or saiga 12), P228, m67's and smokes. full kevlar and modular ACU. and if this was a long term defense thing, like in a building, m249 SAW, m110, maybe an M14 EBR, and a cage windowed Humvee, with an M2 on top.

Re: Zombie Defense Tips n' Tricks! - Gavriel - 08-08-2010

My new discovery is hollow-point 7.62 :o
Talk about Zombie stoppage.
It will stop anything in its tracks up to 200 yards.

And this is my zombie apocalypse rifle with which to pepper zombies.
Show Content

Re: Zombie Defense Tips n' Tricks! - Kashemia - 08-08-2010

I'm gonna go for a flamethrower. If +90% of the population turns into zombies, you'll most likely be overwhelmed before you get a chance to shoot your way through, if you have to do it 1 by 1.

So yeah, a flamethrower, and clothes I can run in, since everyone know zombies are slow.

... Am I the only one who want to do zombie rp now?

I ran a zombie RP in Gmod, pretty good success.

Re: Zombie Defense Tips n' Tricks! - Garaf - 08-08-2010

I'm down with the flamethrower, possibly with some moltov cocktails for a "ranged attack" and the classic machete if they ever got in too close.

But if resources aren't an issue and we could have absolutely anything... well I'm tempted to go with an A-10 Warthog for transportation. You know, just in case the zombies start driving tanks... or maybe there'll be tanks that are zombies... :o

For transport, I'd want to learn to drive a motorbike, for easy movement and zig-zagging between zombies and stuff... I guess I'm generally more for the idea of fleeing than fighting Big Grin

I would rather fight slow walking zombies than fast zombies that are mean and angry.

Re: Zombie Defense Tips n' Tricks! - Aveline - 08-08-2010

Quote:Guns would be all well and good, but for fighting the zombipocalypse you need a damn good hand to hand weapon.

Who says I don't also have knives? XD I've also got on hand my personal zombie weapon of choice: A baseball bat that can be easily wrapped in oil soaked rags and set aflame.

Re: Zombie Defense Tips n' Tricks! - Camille - 08-08-2010

Heh, after reading the Zombie Survival Guide and playing way, way too much L4D I got into a really weird habit of judging buildings based on how well they'd hold up as a safehouse incase of zombies. I'm a fan of the avoid and pick off from a distance, though I'd keep an axe/ bat/field-hockey stick on hand for close up encounters. I actually planned an escape in my head once after reading World War Z (also by Max Brooks). I think a mottorcycle or scooter's the way to go, especially a scooter. My little honda metro gets 115 mpg, and as one would travel light in the "Zombies 15 minutes ago" apocalypse, I think it's better than a large car for general fleeing.

You're not really prepared unless you already know how many planks of plywood it would take to "secure" your domicile (4 in my case).

I have a pretty large window, so I'd say around... 6-10 or something... The door is pretty thick, so it should be ok...

Re: Zombie Defense Tips n' Tricks! - Shamadconde - 08-08-2010

We have a concrete walled room in our basement full of food and water. One simple move of furniture and we have the perfect place to hole up in.

Shamad Conde Wrote:We have a concrete walled room in our basement full of food and water. One simple move of furniture and we have the perfect place to hole up in.

What would you do if the supplies ran out and you had to decide between zombies or cannibalism?