Hydaelyn Role-Players
Oriel's Art Shenanigans - ~*Commissions Closed*~ - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Oriel's Art Shenanigans - ~*Commissions Closed*~ (/showthread.php?tid=3792)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Oriel's Art Shenanigans - ~*Commissions Closed*~ - Oriel - 08-21-2013

Hello!  I saw that there was a section with art, and figured I'd add my stuff for your perusal.  I'm out of practice, so forgive the mistakes that are... everywhere apparently. XD

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Hopefully I can post more goodies as I make them.  Maybe I'll have time to color them. :'D

Edit: 9/15/16  Commissions are currently closed.  Thank you for your interest.

What's for sale?
I will do a portrait for $20, potentially more depending on the amount of detail.  I can do busts as well, and they will cost a little more, but I have no examples of those at this time.  The posing for the portrait will most likely be reminiscent of old game menu portraits, if you were wanting an idea of what they'd be like.

Show Content

I will be working on these after work (usually 10PM-4AM PST, depending).  Due to the hectic nature of my work schedule (there have been times where it's been changed every other day in a single work week), it could potentially take up to two weeks to get the commission done, though I will try to get it done as soon as I am able.

Payment:
I will only accept Paypal at this time.  Payment is due in full when I am ready to start the commission.  If you are unable to pay at the time, I will go down to the next available slot until you are ready.

Notes:
  • Please have some references on hand if you have questions, especially about pricing!  Since it's a portrait, having screenshots from different angles help amazingly well.  A detailed description of what you're looking for would be much appreciated.
  • Only one (1) revision per piece.
  • Please understand that I work full-time and have offline responsibilities, so if I don't get to your message right away, I'm either asleep or at work.  I can't have my phone on my person, so I won't see your messages until I am off the clock.  Thank you in advance for your understanding!

Slots:
  1. dootdoot

Completed:

RE: Oriel's Art Shenanigans - Quuyn - 08-21-2013

...You beautiful talented people keep spawning here, I swear.

HRNNGH I love these so much. I may obsess over art, but you're instantly one of my favourites for uncoloured, and I do hope you toss up a coloured one! 

You're soo good at Miqo'te, AND Elezen, AND... Little girls. (But c'mon we all know Miqo'te Males are where it's at.) 

Oriel's smile makes me melt... That is all.

..Okay fanboy mode off.

RE: Oriel's Art Shenanigans - Xenedra - 08-21-2013

I'll echo that HNNGG! I'm loving your style and your lines. Looks like pen n' ink scans? Impressive~

RE: Oriel's Art Shenanigans - Giselle Friloux - 08-21-2013

Ohhh man, so lovely. Those first two remind me a lot of the character bust portraits from the older FF games, which is awesome. I love the waist-up Oriel sketch especially though; something about the shape of his face is just really appealing to me, I think it's his nose.

Anyway, wonderful art! Looking forward to more. Big Grin

RE: Oriel's Art Shenanigans - Alexis Price - 08-21-2013

Oh wow. The bust portraits are amazing.

I have to echo Faori. As soon as I opened them I flashbacked to opening the menu in older Final Fantasy games and seeing their portrait pictures.

That's a really great style to have and I'm very impressed! I can't wait to see more of your work! Big Grin

RE: Oriel's Art Shenanigans - Kyatai - 08-21-2013

I know artists are super critical of their own work- but I can tell you: this is great. Smile I can't wait to see more!Heart

RE: Oriel's Art Shenanigans - Fox - 08-21-2013

These are very lovely, I've slipped away from traditional art and I sort of regret it. So to see someone who still touches on it is wonderful. Smile

RE: Oriel's Art Shenanigans - Oriel - 08-22-2013

Thanks for the kind comments!  Here's another one I did today of a friend's XIV character: 

Show Content
My hand has been cramping up, probably because of work. :'D  Hopefully I can draw more tomorrow.

RE: Oriel's Art Shenanigans - Alexis Price - 08-22-2013

Aaah! Another gorgeous portrait! Again, I feel like I'm in a Final Fantasy menu about to customise that character's gear!

Shame about the hand cramp! But I'll definitely be back to see more when it's better! Big Grin 

Keep it up!

RE: Oriel's Art Shenanigans - Aysun - 08-22-2013

Mind blown.

I /love/ your style. Holy crap. Amazing stuff!

RE: Oriel's Art Shenanigans - Nightsha - 08-22-2013

I absolutely love your art style and skill! Your attention to detail in the clothes and hair is particularly awesome :3

RE: Oriel's Art Shenanigans - lady2beetle - 08-22-2013

I love that braid! *considers giving her miqo a braid*

RE: Oriel's Art Shenanigans - Alothia - 08-22-2013

These are great! Please keep it coming!

RE: Oriel's Art Shenanigans - Annaveil - 08-22-2013

Holy crap! I love your style so much! Please post more and keep us all updated. :}

RE: Oriel's Art Shenanigans - Oriel - 08-23-2013

Thanks everyone! XD  I'm thinking that if I have time (or rather, I get that vacation time I requested off in a couple of weeks) I might open up requests for portraits.  >w>  It'd be good practice between all the gaming (and my hands will probably feel better from not working, too).  I'll probably look at that big list of character wiki pages and doodle some stuff from there. P:  Maybe your own character might pop up.

Edit: Here's another one, for Koyu!

Show Content

:'D I'm sorry it doesn't look like him at all. OTL