Hydaelyn Role-Players
New FFXIV Info from Beta Forum! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: New FFXIV Info from Beta Forum! (/showthread.php?tid=3810)

Pages: 1 2

New FFXIV Info from Beta Forum! - doctorgalactic - 08-21-2013

An Aetheryte for your House!

Forgot to lock your house door? Perhaps you think you left the stove on? It sure would be nice to get home in hurry for cases like these, yeah? 

One of the objects you’ll be able to place around your house is an aetheryte that will function much like the ones found around Eorzea. This will allow you to set it as a home point and use "Return" to head home in a flash.   LINK

RE: New FFXIV Info from Beta Forum! - K'nahli - 08-21-2013

Wahhhh, that's awesome! Thank you for sharing.

RE: New FFXIV Info from Beta Forum! - doctorgalactic - 08-21-2013

You're very welcome!

RE: New FFXIV Info from Beta Forum! - Keldion - 08-21-2013

Saaaaaweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

RE: New FFXIV Info from Beta Forum! - Edda - 08-21-2013

Is it Saturday yet...?

RE: New FFXIV Info from Beta Forum! - Dubs - 08-21-2013

I'm gonna have to hire a guard moogle armed with frying pan for anyone hacking into my aetheryte Moogle *thwack!*

RE: New FFXIV Info from Beta Forum! - Ari Kagon - 08-21-2013

SE is so good to us. This is indeed very awesome!

RE: New FFXIV Info from Beta Forum! - Noble_Einherjar - 08-21-2013

This will prove useful .. once I can afford a house. (Which I am very excited for. I'm pinching every gil I have as tightly as I can.)

RE: New FFXIV Info from Beta Forum! - CrimsonMars - 08-21-2013

(08-21-2013, 04:45 PM)Edda Wrote: Is it Saturday yet...?

I wouldn't want it to be just yet since I have yet to have my EA code confirmed. Dodgy

RE: New FFXIV Info from Beta Forum! - Dubs - 08-21-2013

(08-21-2013, 05:23 PM)CrimsonMars Wrote: I wouldn't want it to be just yet since I have yet to have my EA code confirmed. Dodgy
[Image: Baby_Moogle_Cosplay_004_by_Khiorii.jpg]

I blame the moogles! Look at it's conniving mischievousness, you know he has your code and is totally hoarding it!

RE: New FFXIV Info from Beta Forum! - Niteshade_Rune - 08-21-2013

Woot, thats pretty cool
Have they released info on the costs for housing yet? or heck subscription costs, it doesnt matter on either account cause i'm perfectly ok with throwing them my money and my gil!
as soon as i get my codes to work lol.

RE: New FFXIV Info from Beta Forum! - doctorgalactic - 08-21-2013

(08-21-2013, 05:40 PM)Niteshade0 Wrote: Woot, thats pretty cool
Have they released info on the costs for housing yet? or heck subscription costs, it doesnt matter on either account cause i'm perfectly ok with throwing them my money and my gil!
as soon as i get my codes to work lol.

Nada on the housing other than some insight.  Yoshi-P in one of the LIVE letters stated that the small~medium size Free Company housing would cost the equivalent of 3 adventurers saving all their gold until lvl 50 or so.  My feeling is that personal housing will be much less demanding as that, but without the benefits that the FC housing will offer.

Sub fees are something like this:

$11.99 gets you one character per server, and only a certain number of servers.
$14.99 gets you 8 characters per server, and no server restriction

RE: New FFXIV Info from Beta Forum! - K'nahli - 08-21-2013

That sounds expensive ._.

RE: New FFXIV Info from Beta Forum! - Eve Malusion - 08-21-2013

So my return home spell will literally return me home? Sweet.

RE: New FFXIV Info from Beta Forum! - Myavar - 08-21-2013

Yaaaay for hearthstones! I wonder if Yoshida is referencing an idea of Hearthstones from Dark Age of Camelot. You could put one in your basement and set it as your home point for quick travel :3 (It was quick 'cause you could also put a teleporter npc in there to get to other cities >.>)

So excited!!!! <runs around her bedroom screaming>. Only three days left! I can hardly stand it! Bouncy