Hydaelyn Role-Players
Eorzea - Making of a Realm 3: Equipping Eorzea - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Eorzea - Making of a Realm 3: Equipping Eorzea (/showthread.php?tid=382)

Eorzea - Making of a Realm 3: Equipping Eorzea - Tadir - 08-12-2010

Episode 3 of Making of a Realm has been released. This time they are focusing on the equipment in the game. Give it a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc0ilSksWBQ&feature=player_embedded

"In respect for requests from the fans, we may even have a golden subliger in the works."
*forehead smack*

Re: Eorzea - Making of a Realm 3: Equipping Eorzea - Kashemia - 08-12-2010

Wait, let me get this straight... Does this mean WE can for instance hide part of the armor to make it look different? If it is so, that is truly amazing!

It looks good no matter what ^^

Re: Eorzea - Making of a Realm 3: Equipping Eorzea - Eva - 08-12-2010

Tadir Wrote:"In respect for requests from the fans, we may even have a golden subliger in the works."
*forehead smack*

/facepalm Frustrated

As long as they don't make it the most UBARL33T thing in the game such that die-hards make fun of you for not wearing it...

Re: Eorzea - Making of a Realm 3: Equipping Eorzea - Tadir - 08-12-2010

Kashemia Wrote:Wait, let me get this straight... Does this mean WE can for instance hide part of the armor to make it look different? If it is so, that is truly amazing!

It looks good no matter what ^^

I don't think so. I think what they are saying is that they have such a huge variety of equipment because they can edit it in such a way. It doesn't take a huge drain on memory and server resources because it's all the same model.

However, if we CAN edit that stuff ourselves...oh my god. I will be stupidly excited.

Yeah, I thought it might be something like that. Well, it should still mean that making different looking armor is easier for them, so that we'll have more to chose from.

And yes, IF we can, I'll never look at another woman.. I mean, game, again...

Re: Eorzea - Making of a Realm 3: Equipping Eorzea - Tadir - 08-12-2010

Same. It's making me feel like a tailor in galaxies again.

But the differences between two armors with the same mesh are absurd! When they have the brown armor next to the white and gold armor. They look NOTHING alike, but have the exact same mesh with vertex shaving.
/giddy

I know! Even if we won't be able to do do it us self, there should still be tons of possibilites to have varied armor, so you don't end up feeling like a clone of everyone else like in so many games.

Re: Eorzea - Making of a Realm 3: Equipping Eorzea - Asyria - 08-12-2010

*faints*

Re: Eorzea - Making of a Realm 3: Equipping Eorzea - Trizzip - 08-12-2010

I wish to find these supposed 'fans' that requested a golden subligar and punch them right in the FACE!

Why oh why does the JP community have a thing for subligars? I'll never understand.

Re: Eorzea - Making of a Realm 3: Equipping Eorzea - Arzy - 08-13-2010

Sub..ligar... ._. ....

But damn, that's some wicked customisation options right there! Mmm-hmmmm, damn right!

Gaaawrghbarsbrasr! I hate you SE for even releasing this info to the public! DX

Re: Eorzea - Making of a Realm 3: Equipping Eorzea - Ellia Thorn - 08-13-2010

Kashemia Wrote:I know! Even if we won't be able to do do it us self, there should still be tons of possibilites to have varied armor, so you don't end up feeling like a clone of everyone else like in so many games.
Yeah, no doubt one of my biggest peeves in a game is the "clone effect" everyone looking so dang similar. Fingers crossed for player controlled appearance in anyway. I have seen things that hint at being able to control color to a degree, but nothing solid. All and all, it's looking amazing...now fix the non graphical errors SE!

Re: Eorzea - Making of a Realm 3: Equipping Eorzea - Tadir - 08-13-2010

I'm okay with the owner not being able to change it. I would prefer that. What I want is for the weaver/armorer/leatherworker/whatever to be able to make those choices. So he or she can make a piece of armor or clothing, then create the exact same piece that looks totally different.

Re: Eorzea - Making of a Realm 3: Equipping Eorzea - ArmachiA - 08-13-2010

Well the model thing is working. Everyone in the game looks pretty varied, even in level 1 gear.

I was able to take off some different pieces (As level one, who cares, right? XD) and was amazed at how much you can actually take off. The Chaps of the outfit in Archer aren't connected to the skirt. The skirt is not connect to the top, so I take the top and the chaps off Just have a small top and a skirt on, like any American female Tongue. That was pretty fun actually.