Hydaelyn Role-Players
Zam RP Wiki - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Zam RP Wiki (/showthread.php?tid=386)

Zam RP Wiki - Kylin - 08-13-2010

The RP community officially has its own wiki section in the Zam database. This is one of numerous things of which Zam will be cooperating with us on in the future. Obviously, the wiki section can be edited by those outside the RPC as well. However, we will no doubt be the major contributors to this section. We can also create a subsection dedicated entirely to talking about the RPC and advertising it.

The wiki section can be found here, though it is currently blank until we start putting stuff on it:

http://ffxiv.zam.com/wiki/Role_Playing_%28FFXIV%29

Re: Zam RP Wiki - Kashemia - 08-13-2010

That's nice Smile But how is it going to work with our own wiki? Do we update them with the same content?

Re: Zam RP Wiki - Kylin - 08-13-2010

Zam's wiki page is for general info about RP. It's more meant for new or non-RPers of the game. Our wiki, if ever finished, will focus on entirely different things that better suit our needs.

Re: Zam RP Wiki - Kashemia - 08-13-2010

Ah ok, I see Smile Thank you.

Re: Zam RP Wiki - Trizzip - 08-13-2010

Nice. ^.^

To add to that, I'd love it if our server 'whichever one that may end up being' had it's own RP wiki page that contained not only canon of the game, but our own personal character development. To get a better understanding of what I am talking about, please view the City of Heroes wiki page for Virtue (which was the unofficial RP server of CoH).

Virtue RP Wiki Page

And if I have caught your interest so far, if you like, you can see my old profile character sheet that I have on that wiki (I used to play CoH but quit a couple of years ago).

Brin's CoH Wiki Page

Brin's Other CoH Wiki Page

it includes backstory, current happenings, links to story arcs that occurred on my Super Group's forum. Links to the pages of characters that my character had met in-game and became friends with. Links to canon NPC that I had become enemies with. Links to my Super Group's wiki page, and much more.

If we had something like this for FFXIV, I feel that it would be a huge aid to the RP community as a whole.

Re: Zam RP Wiki - Kylin - 08-13-2010

We will indeed have our own wiki. The design is still in the works, as is the exact content. Originally, the idea was to compile lore into it but that may seem a bit redundant seeing as other major sites will have the same info. So instead, it may be better to make it into something designed more for us. Instead of just game lore, it could have things like organized character profiles, artifact info, storylines, and so on.

Anyway, I added some stuff to the Zam wiki so it isn't totally bare anymore. There's obviously room for a lot more but for now, it'll do.

Re: Zam RP Wiki - Trizzip - 08-14-2010

Oy...I r tired. I've been busy getting a template set up for the RPC. Below are links to the Template page where the cheat sheet can be copied and pasted at the bottom if interested, and a link to my character's profile page (which feel free to get any good ideas from it, regarding organization and setup, to create your own profile page.

If you do create your own profile page, I suggest to make sure to add Category tags (can be seen at the bottom of my character's page) that are relevant to your character. That way, specific searches for specific character lists can be that much more easily found.

Character Info Box Template

Brin's Profile Page

Not all the kinks are worked out but I'm too tired to work on it any further tonight. It's at least a starting point.

Hope you guys like it.

Re: Zam RP Wiki - Kylin - 08-14-2010

It looks very nice. However, our character wikis wouldn't be on Zam. They would be on our own wiki Wink

This Zam wiki section is more or less a way to reach out to the non-RP community. It could help bring in more RPers and/or just let the non-RPers better understand us.

Re: Zam RP Wiki - Trizzip - 08-14-2010

Ah....gotcha. Well, whenever we get our own wiki set up, I'll be more than happy to contribute as much as possible.

Re: Zam RP Wiki - Mycroft - 08-17-2010

Ooh, nice.. I'll be ready to contribute a lot as well, when this Wiki is set up.

Ah.. I have many fond memories of Virtueverse and PRIMUS DB.
This is going to be a great way to promote RP in FFXIV as well.

Re: Zam RP Wiki - Trizzip - 08-17-2010

Quote:Ooh, nice.. I'll be ready to contribute a lot as well, when this Wiki is set up.

Ah.. I have many fond memories of Virtueverse and PRIMUS DB.
This is going to be a great way to promote RP in FFXIV as well.

You got that right brotha' ^.^

Re: Zam RP Wiki - Rikitiki - 08-17-2010

APM and UG made it to Zam! And the front page of the wiki, no less. Big Grin