Hydaelyn Role-Players
An open letter of Introduction - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: An open letter of Introduction (/showthread.php?tid=3877)

An open letter of Introduction - Lho'a - 08-23-2013

To the members of the Coalition,

I suppose this is the proper way to do things. Respect for local customs and all that. Well, thank you for having me and I look forward to meeting you.

--MMORPG background

My background here is pretty normal. I've played WoW, Aion, Rift, GW 1&2, and others. I think there's nothing i can share that everyone else here hasn't already. In fact, filling this out I now feel less significant than ever before. But in the end, what will it matter? So what if my background is quite standard. That just means we share something in common right? Well that's nice, glad to have that sorted.

--RP experience

Now here's the hitch; I've never really RPed in a game before. The only way I've RPed is on IM programs like messenger, IMVU, or skype or even txting haha. That, or in forums. I would imagine RPing in a game isn't too different but I could be wrong.

--Character ideas/info

My character is already sorted for the most part. His wiki page is posted and linked in my sig but it's still a WIP so some areas are blank.

--How did you learn about the coalition?

I learned about the coalition through internet searches (it wasn't difficult at all Tongue ) after i heard about ARR from friends. They don't RP so I had to look myself for any RPing communities.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

Medium to heavy. I would say, 75% IC while playing, but i'm definetly going to be playing the game as well because I love pve and pvp as well as dungeons and end game content.

--Anything from real life you are comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

I don't really know what I could share that is very interesting. I just go to school mainly (it's high school, which starts again soon so I would be very depressed without ARR to look forward to). I write, draw, read and game (surprise!) I wish I had more interesting things to put here so you guys would want to talk to me!  >_<   *ahem*   excuse me..

Thank you for reading,

Parrish Harleaux

RE: An open letter of Introduction - Myxie Tryxle - 08-23-2013

Welcome to the RPC! Be sure to check out the stickies in the various forums. There's information there to help you figure out which server(s) you'd like to join as well as helpful suggestions and etiquette for MMO roleplaying.

There's a link to the different linkshells in the header bar. It may help you figure out where you'd like to play by browsing the linkshells and finding players or storylines that interest you.

Feel free to ask questions as well. We're happy to help.

RE: An open letter of Introduction - Gideon Aryeh - 08-23-2013

Welcome to the site! Check out the thread below and read through it as there are plenty here who can help!
Mentor Program

RE: An open letter of Introduction - Lho'a - 08-23-2013

(08-23-2013, 03:42 AM)Myxie Tryxle Wrote: Welcome to the RPC!  Be sure to check out the stickies in the various forums.  There's information there to help you figure out which server(s) you'd like to join as well as helpful suggestions and etiquette for MMO roleplaying.

There's a link to the different linkshells in the header bar.  It may help you figure out where you'd like to play by browsing the linkshells and finding players or storylines that interest you.

Feel free to ask questions as well.  We're happy to help.
Thank you very much. I have a lot to see, but i'm trying to absorb as much information as I can. It's really quite fun. haha

thank you for the link, it will be very helpful.  Smile

(08-23-2013, 03:44 AM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote: Welcome to the site! Check out the thread below and read through it as there are plenty here who can help!
Mentor Program
A mentor program? How interesting. Thank you for the link and the welcome. Smile

RE: An open letter of Introduction - Yeldir Melfusor - 08-23-2013

Welcome to the party. If you have any questions, particularly about game lore, or good ways of expressing your character and staying fluid and believable in the game world, I'm your guy! I've made a special study of Eorzea's history, and the origins of her peoples. Just hit me with a PM.

(08-23-2013, 03:36 AM)Harleaux Wrote: I would imagine RPing in a game isn't too different but I could be wrong.
It's pretty close. One of the best things this game has is really robust and believable emotes, that can even be used with a motion modifier to display motions without chat spam. You can have a lot of fun with your character, using these to see visual expressions of their feelings or physical events.

RE: An open letter of Introduction - doctorgalactic - 08-23-2013

Welcome welcome!  You've made it to our site with just under 12 hours until Early Access!  Still plenty of time to explore what the site has to offer and meet some new friends!  The previous posters have some great advice and links, and again, if you have any questions or comments feel free to PM or post back here and we'll help out however we can.  Again, welcome and well met!

RE: An open letter of Introduction - Lho'a - 08-23-2013

(08-23-2013, 04:57 PM)Yeldir Melfusor Wrote: Welcome to the party.  If you have any questions, particularly about game lore, or good ways of expressing your character and staying fluid and believable in the game world, I'm your guy!  I've made a special study of Eorzea's history, and the origins of her peoples.  Just hit me with a PM.  

(08-23-2013, 03:36 AM)Harleaux Wrote: I would imagine RPing in a game isn't too different but I could be wrong.
It's pretty close.  One of the best things this game has is really robust and believable emotes, that can even be used with a motion modifier to display motions without chat spam.  You can have a lot of fun with your character, using these to see visual expressions of their feelings or physical events.
Firstly, thank you for extending your offer of help with lore and Eorzean history, it's very welcome and I may take you up on it.

Secondly, I have indeed noticed the abundance of emotes in game and really found it both enjoyable and very useful to RP or even just to friends chatting in game. i'm very excited to play and hope to meet some of you in game in a few hours  ^_^

(08-23-2013, 05:07 PM)doctorgalactic Wrote: Welcome welcome!  You've made it to our site with just under 12 hours until Early Access!  Still plenty of time to explore what the site has to offer and meet some new friends!  The previous posters have some great advice and links, and again, if you have any questions or comments feel free to PM or post back here and we'll help out however we can.  Again, welcome and well met!
Haha yes, making it in just under the wire. It's all terribly exciting. ^^ I've been working on browsing the forums here as well as a few other sites, such as the lodestone, wikia and the main site (which is the most barren of any I tried)

But it looks like I'm in good company and will find help if I should need it, which is in itself, very encouraging. Smile