Hydaelyn Role-Players
Prerequisites - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Prerequisites (/showthread.php?tid=3987)

Prerequisites - Nox - 08-25-2013

I read somewhere that the prereqs for Dragoon changed from Lancer and Pugilist to Lancer and Marauder. I hope that's not the case. I just figured I'd post this up here to see if y'all could confirm it or not.

RE: Prerequisites - Jove - 08-25-2013

Although I haven't been able to verify it myself in game, it appears (in a few places) that Dragoon is indeed 30 Lancer and 15 Marauder now.

If it makes you feel any better, there's a couple of Marauder abilities that Dragoon really benefits from, last I heard.

Personally I got Marauder to 20 during the last beta and dabbled in Archery before realising Lancer (and I imagine Dragoon) is my true calling, so I kind of accidentally chose the right classes there. Either way though, getting a class to 15 is what? Several hours worth of game time? It's not a huge investment and some cross class skills are completely worth it (although they become a lot more limited with Jobs).

RE: Prerequisites - esperkitty - 08-25-2013

Jove, where are you seeing this update from?  I'd like to peek at what else is available in terms of cross-class skills.

(08-25-2013, 08:53 PM)esperkitty Wrote: Jove, where are you seeing this update from?  I'd like to peek at what else is available in terms of cross-class skills.

Oh, hours and hours of toiling research.

Okay no, about half an hour of googling and looking on reddit Laugh

Unfortunately I only found an update on what classes you need for each Job, which can be found here, but a lot of the information on which cross class skills are good for which job, is pretty out of date.

Thank you, Jove.

I was hoping to avoid the axe....  Oh, well.

RE: Prerequisites - LandStander - 08-25-2013

Level MRD in your underwear. Something about an ax wielding person running around the wilds, screaming, and attacking things is a lot of fun.

(08-25-2013, 09:24 PM)LandStander Wrote: Level MRD in your underwear. Something about an ax wielding person running around the wilds, screaming, and attacking things is a lot of fun.

Yeah until the guards come along.

:C

(08-25-2013, 09:24 PM)LandStander Wrote: Level MRD in your underwear. Something about an ax wielding person running around the wilds, screaming, and attacking things is a lot of fun.

Enticing, but..... I'll pass.  <Smiles.>  If I'm going to run around without armour, I don't even want the skivvies showing.  Bare it all, honey!

....erm, yeah.  Marauder and Lancer share armour, and I've been saving all mine thus far (not hard at level 11), so I can easily just recycle.

RE: Prerequisites - Aysun - 08-25-2013

White Mage = 30 Conjurer / 15 Arcanist

..hahahawhoops. 50 WHM with 0 ACN here! Apparently it's not retroactive to any 1.0 people. >>;

RE: Prerequisites - LiadansWhisper - 08-25-2013

(08-25-2013, 09:28 PM)Aysun Wrote: White Mage = 30 Conjurer / 15 Arcanist

..hahahawhoops. 50 WHM with 0 ACN here! Apparently it's not retroactive to any 1.0 people. >>;

I believe that you can no longer pull from the Glad levels you had, tho.

RE: Prerequisites - Aysun - 08-25-2013

(08-25-2013, 09:36 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(08-25-2013, 09:28 PM)Aysun Wrote: White Mage = 30 Conjurer / 15 Arcanist

I believe that you can no longer pull from the Glad levels you had, tho.

Oh yes, we can't use the abilities from GLA anymore. On Bard I noticed I couldn't use my CNJ abilities anymore as well. No more being backup-heal~~

RE: Prerequisites - LandStander - 08-25-2013

(08-25-2013, 09:27 PM)esperkitty Wrote:

Enticing, but..... I'll pass.  <Smiles.>  If I'm going to run around without armour, I don't even want the skivvies showing.  Bare it all, honey!

[Image: tumblr_m5d5rfHcl61qhxk36o1_500.gif]

RE: Prerequisites - Cato - 08-25-2013

Heh, I certainly won't be complaining. I ended up making my character into a marauder just so he could start in Limsa. All I need to do now is get him a few more levels as a lancer and he'll be a dragoon as intended.