Hydaelyn Role-Players
Other characters you'd like to make cameos - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Other characters you'd like to make cameos (/showthread.php?tid=4041)

Pages: 1 2

Other characters you'd like to make cameos - Keru / E'ir - 08-27-2013

If I remember correctly Lightning is coming to a realm reborn and it's not a bad idea it's just Lightning and Snow's gear doesn't fit the vibe to me. So I want to know who else you would like to see be cameos similar to Lightning.

Me personally I would love to see characters from Ivalice (XII and all the tactics games) because their gear would not be only be cool, but also because Ivalice hasn't got much love, and because why not.

RE: Other characters you'd like to make cameos - Aysun - 08-27-2013

I'm one of the ones who absolutely hates that they're bringing Lightning into the game like this.. so can't say I want to see any others. Blush

RE: Other characters you'd like to make cameos - Covikt - 08-27-2013

Final Fantasy XIV has been said to be the "Cross-Over" Final fantasy. There are many elements from past final fantasy games that have been revamped just for XIV, so I don't see any reason as to why other cameos shouldn't happen. Though, yea Lightning seems a bit off to me. Ivalice seems like it might suit Eorzea, just because of the garleans and such.

RE: Other characters you'd like to make cameos - Fox - 08-27-2013

Depends on the version of Lightning. I haven't heard much of it other than that they were bringing her to it. 

If it is her "valkyrie" form, that might be interesting appearance wise; 
Show Content

I'm not sure what I feel about it though with bringing her into the game to be quite honest. I was very much -not- a fan of 12, however appearance wise I do think it coincides more with this world than 13.

RE: Other characters you'd like to make cameos - Magellan - 08-27-2013

Though Cloud and Aerith are my two favorites, they have been overdone. So I'm gonna have to say...

FRAN!!! Have her appear as a way to introduce the Viera race in Eorzea! I would sooo drool on my keyboard...

RE: Other characters you'd like to make cameos - Fox - 08-27-2013

(08-27-2013, 09:07 AM)Magellan Wrote: Though Cloud and Aerith are my two favorites, they have been overdone. So I'm gonna have to say...

FRAN!!! Have her appear as a way to introduce the Viera race in Eorzea! I would sooo drool on my keyboard...

Oh yes! Fran certainly!  This I agree to.
I also would LOVE, LOVE LOVE to have Freya.

RE: Other characters you'd like to make cameos - Dogberry - 08-27-2013

Gau. Just imagine him running wild through The Black Shroud, barking at funguars.

RE: Other characters you'd like to make cameos - Elicoidali - 08-27-2013

(08-27-2013, 09:08 AM)Foxberry Wrote:
(08-27-2013, 09:07 AM)Magellan Wrote: Though Cloud and Aerith are my two favorites, they have been overdone. So I'm gonna have to say...

Oh yes! Fran certainly!  This I agree to.
I also would LOVE, LOVE LOVE to have Freya.

This!! So much!! I'd love to see both Fran AND Freya visit Eorzea sometime. Big Grin

RE: Other characters you'd like to make cameos - Edgar Callant - 08-27-2013

(08-27-2013, 08:47 AM)Keru Lowry Wrote: If I remember correctly Lightning is coming to a realm reborn and it's not a bad idea it's just Lightning and Snow's gear doesn't fit the vibe to me. So I want to know who else you would like to see be cameos similar to Lightning.

Me personally I would love to see characters from Ivalice (XII and all the tactics games) because their gear would not be only be cool, but also because Ivalice hasn't got much love, and because why not.

I would enjoy Ivalice being part of the overall Hydaelyn universe as well.

Personally I would like to see the the Figaro brothers, Sabin and Edgar, make an appearance.

Does anyone have an official link where they mentioned Lightning and potential more cameos?

RE: Other characters you'd like to make cameos - House Sardel - 08-27-2013

BALTHIER
Because what's any game without the leading man!
(And it would be a cool way to introduce guns, a musketeer class, etc to the game)

[Image: tumblr_m9s32tabo11r5uprso1_r1_500.jpg]

RE: Other characters you'd like to make cameos - Vinter - 08-27-2013

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the musketeer class pretty much confirmed by now?

RE: Other characters you'd like to make cameos - Cato - 08-27-2013

I'd like to see Basch, Balthier, Ashe and possibly even Gabranth, Vossler and Drace show up since FFXIV has a very similar vibe to FFXII. With that in mind I feel that they'd fit a lot better than the likes of Lightning...though I'm likely biased since FFXII is my favourite FF game whilst FFXIII is my least favourite!

RE: Other characters you'd like to make cameos - Jove - 08-27-2013

Where's Biggs and Wedge?

RE: Other characters you'd like to make cameos - Keru / E'ir - 08-27-2013

They are in game ^^ they are npc's you meet along the main storyline. Also I love the suggestions Fran's Armor for Ladies and Balthier's armor for guys. Oh yesss.

RE: Other characters you'd like to make cameos - raindrops - 08-27-2013

Honestly I don't want to see any more actual cameos. You can pull off a big crossover game without that - look how FF9 did it, with cute meta jokes and the use of old FF designs reworked to match the setting (with the black mages, summoners having actualfax horns etc).

And they're already doing this with things like the Onion Helm and Amano!Fighter/Warrior of Light's armour as well as their takes on the classic FF classes. That's doing it right - taking elements from older games and making any necessary alterations to them so that they fit the setting.

I'm fine with, say, random NPCs with names of canon characters standing around making FF references, but having the actual characters in the game is a bit far. I'm honestly kind of weirded out by the fact that Lightning has to not only be in everything but be centre stage in everything (those who played Dissidia 012 will probably get this - the stories of all the other characters ended up being forgotten because everything has to be about Lightning). I understand that it's a big promotion but really?

So yeah, I think it should go the FFIX route. References to past games are fine - I love cute meta things! But FFXIV should be, first and foremost, about the world and people of Eorzea.