Hydaelyn Role-Players
A Realm Reborn Launch Event: Housing Trailer and Naoki Yoshida's Moving Speech - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: A Realm Reborn Launch Event: Housing Trailer and Naoki Yoshida's Moving Speech (/showthread.php?tid=4048)

A Realm Reborn Launch Event: Housing Trailer and Naoki Yoshida's Moving Speech - allgivenover - 08-27-2013

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/08/27/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-launch-event-highlights-housing-trailer-and-naoki-yoshidas-teary-final-speech/

Quote:
After three long years Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn released worldwide, starting the uphill battle to redeem itself after the disastrous launch of the original game in 2010.
To celebrate the occasion a launch event was held in Tokyo, where the core members of the team were introduced and given a chance to say a few words to the fans. During the event, after a hilarious message by former president Yoichi “Uncle Housing” Wada (the reason behind the nickname is that he always used to show off classified housing artwork during the Letter from the Producer Live broadcasts) a short trailer showcasing the housing feature and a wide variety of furniture was shown. Housing is scheduled to be implemented in patch 2.1.
In addition to that, Naoki Yoshida held a final speech during which he apologized for the server issues happened during the three days of early access, remembered the three years of hard work gone into creating the game and thanked the fans for their patience and faith in the development team, asking them to continue supporting the team. In a definitely emotional moment, the ever-smiling producer was moved to tears as he tried hard to keep his composure (You can check the translation of the whole event made by Reinheart Valentine here. The relevant part is towards the end).
Those like me that followed the game since the previous launch through all the problems and hardships, won’t have any difficulty in understanding how he felt. I have to admit that I teared up a little bit myself. When I interviewed Yoshida-san at Gamescom it was very easy to perceive how much he cares about the game and its community.
You can check out both the housing trailer and Yoshida-san’s final moving speech below. They’re both worth watching.

[youtube]-SWSMdCMyvE[/youtube]

Show Content

RE: A Realm Reborn Launch Event: Housing Trailer and Naoki Yoshida's Moving Speech - Yini Kihn - 08-27-2013

Poor Yoshi-P.

It's amazing the number of people—even on this site—who don't realize there are real human beings on the other end trying their very best to make everything work. If it wouldn't cause even more trouble, I'd call them out by name in an attempt to shame them for their childish behavior. Instead, I'll just quietly hold onto my list of characters to avoid in-game.

RE: A Realm Reborn Launch Event: Housing Trailer and Naoki Yoshida's Moving Speech - Clover - 08-27-2013

Very nice video, thank you for sharing it ^^
More than ever, I want to keep supporting this game.

Thank you for this beautiful world and fun game, Yoshi-P!

(Even if I can't play right now because the server is full *laughs*).

RE: A Realm Reborn Launch Event: Housing Trailer and Naoki Yoshida's Moving Speech - Arkghyom - 08-27-2013

(08-27-2013, 12:28 PM)allgivenover Wrote: http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/08/27/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-launch-event-highlights-housing-trailer-and-naoki-yoshidas-teary-final-speech/

Quote:
After three long years Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn released worldwide, starting the uphill battle to redeem itself after the disastrous launch of the original game in 2010.
To celebrate the occasion a launch event was held in Tokyo, where the core members of the team were introduced and given a chance to say a few words to the fans. During the event, after a hilarious message by former president Yoichi “Uncle Housing” Wada (the reason behind the nickname is that he always used to show off classified housing artwork during the Letter from the Producer Live broadcasts) a short trailer showcasing the housing feature and a wide variety of furniture was shown. Housing is scheduled to be implemented in patch 2.1.
In addition to that, Naoki Yoshida held a final speech during which he apologized for the server issues happened during the three days of early access, remembered the three years of hard work gone into creating the game and thanked the fans for their patience and faith in the development team, asking them to continue supporting the team. In a definitely emotional moment, the ever-smiling producer was moved to tears as he tried hard to keep his composure (You can check the translation of the whole event made by Reinheart Valentine here. The relevant part is towards the end).
Those like me that followed the game since the previous launch through all the problems and hardships, won’t have any difficulty in understanding how he felt. I have to admit that I teared up a little bit myself. When I interviewed Yoshida-san at Gamescom it was very easy to perceive how much he cares about the game and its community.
You can check out both the housing trailer and Yoshida-san’s final moving speech below. They’re both worth watching.

[youtube]-SWSMdCMyvE[/youtube]

Show Content
This is so memetic.

RE: A Realm Reborn Launch Event: Housing Trailer and Naoki Yoshida's Moving Speech - Nightsha - 08-27-2013

It's funny, we all knew how much Yoshi-P put into FFXIV: ARR, but this just shows exactly how much it meant to him. It actually gives me pride to know I'm helping support the efforts of a wonderful and dedicated man and his team.

Thank you Yoshi-P, The Dev Team, and everyone else that put their time and effort into this amazing game.

(I also really love how the crowd began cheering him on during his emotional speech.)

RE: A Realm Reborn Launch Event: Housing Trailer and Naoki Yoshida's Moving Speech - TwilightSea - 08-28-2013

Sucks how our servers are constantly slammed but instead of bitching about it I'm playing on a JP server and waiting while it gets fixed.

RE: A Realm Reborn Launch Event: Housing Trailer and Naoki Yoshida's Moving Speech - Mr.Bear - 08-28-2013

It's rather touching to see the emotion get out like that, poor guy I just want to give him a hug and say he and his team did good

RE: A Realm Reborn Launch Event: Housing Trailer and Naoki Yoshida's Moving Speech - LeCard - 08-28-2013

Yoshi P. is awesome, and if they ever figure out how to channel his love for the game into their tech support they will never again face the sort of anger that has been so prevalent during P4 and EA. I think that if they had shown his level of commitment to making this game awesome in their response to the NA/EU problems early on we wouldn't have so many people upset. I have never been upset with yoshi, and every time I see something from him it makes me want to play this game even more. I think it helps knowing that he is a gamer himself, and wants to enjoy this game as much as the rest of us. sqeenix biggest hurdle is going to be their response teams, and once they learn/train everyone to have a timely response to player/server problems this game will soar.

TL;DR

Yoshi P is awesome and we need more game designers like him.

RE: A Realm Reborn Launch Event: Housing Trailer and Naoki Yoshida's Moving Speech - Mr.Bear - 08-28-2013

(08-28-2013, 06:18 AM)LeCard Wrote: Yoshi P. is awesome, and if they ever figure out how to channel his love for the game into their tech support they will never again face the sort of anger that has been so prevalent during P4 and EA. I think that if they had shown his level of commitment to making this game awesome in their response to the NA/EU problems early on we wouldn't have so many people upset. I have never been upset with yoshi, and every time I see something from him it makes me want to play this game even more. I think it helps knowing that he is a gamer himself, and wants to enjoy this game as much as the rest of us. sqeenix biggest hurdle is going to be their response teams, and once they learn/train everyone to have a timely response to player/server problems this game will soar.

TL;DR

Yoshi P is awesome and we need more game designers like him.

Tell me about it. Even highly critical forums I visit are quite fond of this seeming invested dedication. They love his genuine passion, unlike western devs who get in the news with pathetic outbursts and blaming fans.

This is how it should be.

RE: A Realm Reborn Launch Event: Housing Trailer and Naoki Yoshida's Moving Speech - Bloodwillow - 08-31-2013

That's why it is a thing of mine not to get angry at a person but their actions.

I am not angry at any one person at SE.  I'm angry and what seems to be inaction on their part and many other things (in their control or out) with the snafus happening.

Eh .... I still love the game.  Seriously.  I have been popping around in my head to actually stop playing a game I have had for 7+ years because FF14 is so new and fresh to me.  That speaks volumes.

RE: A Realm Reborn Launch Event: Housing Trailer and Naoki Yoshida's Moving Speech - Chakha Malqir - 08-31-2013

I want to write a letter of encouragement to this man, get everyone's signatures on it, and send it to his office.