Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hey everyone!!! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hey everyone!!! (/showthread.php?tid=4074)

Hey everyone!!! - jelrae - 08-28-2013

Hello,

My name is Jelrae.  I played ff11 waayy back when and I decided to upgrade to FF14.  I also decided that I wanted to get into RPing.  I will definetly tell more about myself shortly but for now I have a quick question before I rush to work.  

I want to RP, but the RP servers are both full to the brim.  Sad  Has another server been added to the list?   Does anyone want to invade another server with me? Smile  Also im in england, is it bad to play on a NA server since the timezone difference?  Or should I stick with EU?   Is there a big difference in anything including speed of game on different servers (NA, EU) depending on where you live?

Thanks for all the help, when I get back from work tonight I will be happy to flesh out my character some and give a more personal background Smile

Cheers!

Jordan

RE: Hey everyone!!! - Skylar Steelheart - 08-28-2013

Hello there! =^^= Welcome to a warm and fuzzy community! This is a great game to get into RPing...

...if you can ever manage to log onto a server. I can count the number of times I've managed it on a single hand, but at least I have a character... I'm sorry you haven't been able to make one on Balmung or Gilgamesh yet. There's no third designated RP server that I know of, at least, not a permanent one.

I've noticed the server population has dwindled a bit early in the morning on Balmung--around 6 a.m. EST, so around 11 a.m. in England. I played on an EU server in beta, and I didn't notice any significant lag due to the timezone differences. If you have a decent connection, I think you'll be okay.

What kind of character are you thinking about? =^^=

RE: Hey everyone!!! - Teardrop - 08-28-2013

Welcome jelrae!

We have many members that play on Balmung from the EU, so hopefully one of them can come along and tell you how things are faring (beyond what Tirra Lirra mentioned Wink )

Perhaps playing on a NA server will put you outside of "prime time", when it will be easier to gain access into the game itself...which is still currently quite the issue.

Good luck though, hope you make it in somewhere Thumbsup

RE: Hey everyone!!! - Lost River - 08-28-2013

Hello, Hello! Welcome! ^_^

RE: Hey everyone!!! - jelrae - 08-29-2013

Hey!

So yea, still havent been able to make a character.  Im having a hard time deciding between archanist and arcxher to start.

For the archer I was thinking of having him be a simple herbist/woodcutter, yearning to go out and explore the world.  So he begins to train using a bow in order to adventure out and see what is out there.  While he is tired of Girdania he still thinks of it as home and is sad to leave.  He will miss his family, but he feels this is something he needs. (there was more but I cant remember right now XD)

For the Archanist, growing up in Lim has always been rough.  Abandonded at a young age, he doesnt even know how he got to Lim.  He stubled into magic at a young age, finding he could summon a carboncle.  He had some friends in the city (maybe a chance to form a guild of street rates Smile ) they did what they could to stay alive.  Each of them had different skills and they managed to make enough money to eat and even saved a bit so one day they could get out of the gutters.  he specialized in cloth and found alter that he had a knack for alchemy. One day dropping off some herbs for the local alchemist he ran into some adventures from girdania. They noticed him and a necklace that he wore.  They told him that it was from one of the (insert archers guild titles here) necklaces and was very confused about how he had it.  He told them he has always had it and decided that he needed to adventure down to Gird to find out more about his past.   So he began training...

Ok so second is definitely stronger, but I usually dont like to play magic users right off the bat.  I for some reason dont feel right using magic users in games like this.  Im usually thiefy or bardlike.  So idk which story to start.  If I remember more of the archers I will definitely pad it out.

If anyone has any ideas on how to sneak into one of the RP servers I would really appreciate it!

Cheers for all the answers so far, I have to just to work again but when I get back hopefully it will be earlier and I can actually respond Smile

Jelrae

RE: Hey everyone!!! - jelrae - 08-30-2013

So, I got tired of waiting to start and decided to star a character in Cerberus.  Anyone else have a character in there?

RE: Hey everyone!!! - Rinh Hallani - 08-30-2013

(08-28-2013, 06:29 AM)jelrae Wrote: Also im in england, is it bad to play on a NA server since the timezone difference?  Or should I stick with EU?   Is there a big difference in anything including speed of game on different servers (NA, EU) depending on where you live?

No, you don't have to stick to EU! Join Europa for RP in your timezone and/or Eorzean Union (handily shortened to EU) for PVE/PVP. But that's if you can get onto Balmung in the first place, sigh.

I'm not sure how many are on Cerberus. I have a friend there but sadly he's not an RPer.

RE: Hey everyone!!! - jelrae - 08-31-2013

Thanks Kata!  Do you think it will be possible to get into balmung or gilga?  I want to play with everyone else!!! Tongue