Hydaelyn Role-Players
Is there a way to change your appearence without deleting your character? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Is there a way to change your appearence without deleting your character? (/showthread.php?tid=4089)

Is there a way to change your appearence without deleting your character? - Boo - 08-28-2013

Been wondering if it's possible, I've been experimenting in the character creation and kinda perfected my character.

But I don't want to delete my original character and have to level up back to where I currently am (lv 22).

Sooo, is it possible?

RE: Is there a way to change your appearence without deleting your character? - Uther - 08-28-2013

(08-28-2013, 03:50 PM)Boo Wrote: Been wondering if it's possible, I've been experimenting in the character creation and kinda perfected my character.

But I don't want to delete my original character and have to level up back to where I currently am (lv 22).

Sooo, is it possible?

Unfortunately not until you've paid for a full month's subscription. At that juncture you'll be given an item called the Phial of Fantasia which allows you to change your appearance once. I believe they're also adding in a barbershop function sometime in the near future.

RE: Is there a way to change your appearence without deleting your character? - FreelanceWizard - 08-28-2013

The barbershop should be in the first major patch after launch (2.1), or so it was claimed back in beta.

RE: Is there a way to change your appearence without deleting your character? - Cato - 08-28-2013

I'm glad they're adding a barbershop - I'm very likely to change my character's appearance to better reflect how I envision him. I'll probably use the potion for that since it seems that'll arrive sooner than the first content patch.

RE: Is there a way to change your appearence without deleting your character? - Salty Lake - 08-28-2013

I haven't heard of anyone getting their veteran's bonus yet (the perks for subscribing), but SE says you get the bonus as soon as you pay, not as soon as the time lapses... so once they charge you for a month's subscription, you should get your phial to change your appearance... even race and gender!

I am going to save mine in case they ever give us a second one... would be a fun storyline for Lake to wake up as a lalafell and find a way to get back to her lovely 7+ foot self.

RE: Is there a way to change your appearence without deleting your character? - Cato - 08-29-2013

I just look forward to getting rid of the current hairstyle I'm using for my character since although it seemed like a good idea at the time I've since come to regret it. I've my sights set upon one of the more 'Highlander' styles now.

RE: Is there a way to change your appearence without deleting your character? - Y'el Vhez - 08-29-2013

I hope they add new hairstyles in the future. As nice as it is that females have different options with styles that have bows and headbands, I want more! More variety! More accessory colors! 

Actually, having as many options for hair accessories as you do for hair and eyes would be really nice.

But in the meantime, you can always wear a hat if you're bored with your current look. Wink