Hydaelyn Role-Players
What is going on this morning? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: What is going on this morning? (/showthread.php?tid=4220)

Pages: 1 2

What is going on this morning? - TheFightingCanadian - 09-02-2013

I normally don't have issues around 7 or 8am PST logging in, but this morning there is a plethora of issues...no access to "START" the game due to "Lobby" connection issues, then the lovely error 1017, and then just a blank character select screen. Has it just gone retarded? I finally get to my days off...and I'm welcomed to utter frustration. Is ANYONE able to get in and play this morning? Or are the servers filled with AFKers?

RE: What is going on this morning? - Korin - 09-02-2013

I've been ranting about this on the maintenance thread but I'm suspecting the AFKers.

...Or maybe I just really dislike the AFKers.

But no, really, I've been online since about 10am or so here (is that 2am or 5am for you guys?) and despite having no issues, I did get hit with a queue upon trying to log in. It seems to have gotten worse through the day, and it's not even peak time yet so I assume the worst is yet to come.

That is to say I've been attempting logins for the past two hours before I stopped and considered for a moment "what am I doing, why" and decided it really, really wasn't worth the trouble and frustration. :c

Good luck trying to get in, regardless!

RE: What is going on this morning? - Lost River - 09-02-2013

Japanese servers went down, so those who were playing on said servers that made characters on the NA/EU servers dog piled onto those.

RE: What is going on this morning? - cuideag - 09-02-2013

It took me about 20 minutes or so this morning (around 8:30-9am CST) before I was able to hop on. Seriously, if you haven't picked up that autohotkey thing just yet... It's a big help. Set it and go do something else for a while. With luck, by the time you get back, you'll be in game.
A fellow forum user has even put up a script for us. Check it out.

It probably really isn't helping with the server problems but it'll help you get in.

Now I made it in... sitting in my inn room, watching the Duty Finder counter. No Levequests left, no quests left, story is set at, you guessed it, Dungeons. *sighs* I got tired of spamming "ARC LFG". >.<

RE: What is going on this morning? - Naunet - 09-02-2013

I've been trying to log in this morning for... two and a half hours now. 1017 all the way, unless I get 2002 lobby errors.

This is so fucking frustrating.

Keep trying now, I was able to get in on my second try.. although it was a crazy queue after. The JP players are slowly piling out as it's getting close to midnight for them.

RE: What is going on this morning? - Skylar Steelheart - 09-02-2013

Bouncing between writing my character sheet and the TESO beta (which is really enjoyable so far!). I'm so frustrated I can't log in. T_T I mean, it's Monday morning (well, afternoon, now). It's a holiday, but still... are there that many people already on?

RE: What is going on this morning? - Seloria - 09-02-2013

No character for me, until tomorrow. Possibly...

If anyone wants to hang in stasis with me, send a PM. Rejected PMs are currently anybody in the main political parties.

Like John Major.

As I said earlier, it has a lot to do with JP players jumping ship. Normally queue doesn't start until 12 PM PST/3 PM EST. But seeing as the entirety of JP servers were down, they jumped ship and AFK'd and/or playing right now.

RE: What is going on this morning? - TheFightingCanadian - 09-02-2013

It's 1PM PST/4PM EST and NA/EU world list is down STILL. ungh....

RE: What is going on this morning? - erosskye - 09-02-2013

Its clearly a holiday in the US. People are not at work.

RE: What is going on this morning? - Elisea Renyven - 09-02-2013

AFKERS and Bots...

RE: What is going on this morning? - LeCard - 09-02-2013

(09-02-2013, 11:52 AM)Lost River Wrote: Now I made it in... sitting in my inn room, watching the Duty Finder counter. No Levequests left, no quests left, story is set at, you guessed it, Dungeons. *sighs* I got tired of spamming "ARC LFG". >.<
you can always do what myself and my friend have taken to doing. Go to the front door, look for people with the que symbol above their head and invite them to a party. Get at least one ACN in your group and it won't be too bad. get two and the dungeons are a breeze.(at least up through Halatali)

RE: What is going on this morning? - TheFightingCanadian - 09-02-2013

SOOO much I want to do....so much time to do it in...but...can't log in..STILL! lol