Hydaelyn Role-Players
Return to New Gridania from Limsa Lominsa - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Return to New Gridania from Limsa Lominsa (/showthread.php?tid=4385)

Return to New Gridania from Limsa Lominsa - ashkir - 09-08-2013

The storyline took me from New Gridania to Limsa Lominsa and now I have to go out to outside of Limsa Lominsa, Yellowjacket area, where I have to take a ferry to the caves. Anyways, I wanted to know will the main questline, the storyline take me back to New Gridania   It felt incomplete, and my Hunting Log is still incomplete. I kept running into level 30ish zones while in Gridania's Black Shroud and was wondering do I go back there? 

I'm thinking I should just follow the main story questline.

RE: Return to New Gridania from Limsa Lominsa - Nimarhie - 09-08-2013

Yeah you will go to Limsa, then you will go back to Gridania, then you will go to Uldah, then you will go back to Gridania AGAIN. It's ridiculous how much you hop around in the story quest. Tongue

RE: Return to New Gridania from Limsa Lominsa - Asyria - 09-08-2013

Mhm at one point they make you travel A LOT.

But after that you get to pick a Grand Company which I believe pretty much decides what your Main City will be.

I can't 100% confirm because I just picked mine on one character so I don't know if they'll be shipping me over again later. ^^;

RE: Return to New Gridania from Limsa Lominsa - raindrops - 09-08-2013

I don't believe, though I'm not much further in, that you ever have a 'main' city, really. I'm fairly sure your GC can be changed later on and even that doesn't seem to determine it completely. After you do all your travelling I'm pretty sure the story has converged and you get the same main plot quests no matter where you are.

Once you've been to all three cities you can use the airships to travel between them for 200 Gil. You can also walk/chocobo between Ul'Dah and Gridania (you need to go through the central shroud to the south shroud, to eastern thanalan, to central thanalan (I think) to Ul'dah, or in reverse order to go the other way). You can also get a ferry between Limsa Lominsa and Vesper Bay for 200 Gil, which'll come in handy soon enough.

The Aetherytes and Teleport are also an option, if a rather expensive one. Personally I have the three city ones set as a favoured destination for the discount, and use my chocobo to get around as much as possible to save money.

RE: Return to New Gridania from Limsa Lominsa - Moondoggie - 09-08-2013

Some of the quests can be really irritating. It's like go halfway across the world to speak to one guy and do a quest then go all the way back then go somewhere else and later come back again.

The amount of random trips to The Shroud is beyond belief.

RE: Return to New Gridania from Limsa Lominsa - LiadansWhisper - 09-08-2013

(09-08-2013, 01:25 PM)Moondoggie Wrote: Some of the quests can be really irritating. It's like go halfway across the world to speak to one guy and do a quest then go all the way back then go somewhere else and later come back again.

The amount of random trips to The Shroud is beyond belief.

It's still not as bad as the point where you go from one end of Thalnalan to the other repeatedly for 2-3 levels, every other quest.

Back and forth.  Back and forth.  And there's no direct way between where you need to be other than teleporting.

Me and my choco got to be great friends during those long rides.

RE: Return to New Gridania from Limsa Lominsa - ashkir - 09-09-2013

So! I'll just follow the main storyline up! If anything strangles up later, I can do it later, the side quests, hunter's log, etc?

RE: Return to New Gridania from Limsa Lominsa - Asyria - 09-09-2013

Yeeeeeeeaaaaaah so I picked Maelstrom, thinking I'd end up in Limsa and first thing I know, the main story sends me to Gridania...
T_T