Hydaelyn Role-Players
Practice makes perfect! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Practice makes perfect! (/showthread.php?tid=440)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Re: Practice makes perfect! - Noelle - 09-02-2010

Asyria;
I don't really know what you mean by "mask"
since they come in all shapes and forms. And its like a key part to her.

Like zorro?
A full-face mask like in pantomimes?
A bandana pulled up like a bandit?
>:O

Re: Practice makes perfect! - Asyria - 09-02-2010

I don't really know either, all I've seen in-game so far are those funny Hamburglar masks some NPC's wear in Limsa and those wooden mask that Carpenters can craft.
So... something along those lines. ^^

Re: Practice makes perfect! - Tagyr - 09-02-2010

The guards in Gridania wear what looks like a mask that just covers their eyes like a masquerade ball one.

Re: Practice makes perfect! - Asyria - 09-02-2010

Guessing it's the Lauan Half Mask?
[Image: LauanHalfMask.png]
I suddenly remembered the name and it's very likely to be Azyria's first mask.

Re: Practice makes perfect! - Renaise - 09-02-2010

Asyria Wrote:Guessing it's the Lauan Half Mask?
[Image: LauanHalfMask.png]
I suddenly remembered the name and it's very likely to be Azyria's first mask.

Hope they have full face masks... thats the kind Ghost Arrow will wear Big Grin
[Image: Street_Fighter___Vega_Mask_6_by_YellerCrakka.jpg]

Re: Practice makes perfect! - Tagyr - 09-07-2010

*pokes thread*

I spy a fellow shell members avatar with your name on it Noelle...Very neat! Was it just avatar sized or is there a full version?

By the way too, is the little girl in your signature from Toradora. Been nagging me since I stared at it one day.

Re: Practice makes perfect! - Noelle - 09-07-2010

Tagyr Wrote:*pokes thread*

I spy a fellow shell members avatar with your name on it Noelle...Very neat! Was it just avatar sized or is there a full version?

By the way too, is the little girl in your signature from Toradora. Been nagging me since I stared at it one day.

Drawing masks is Hard~!

Show Content

And yeah, Toradora!
Taiga is too cute ~♥

Re: Practice makes perfect! - Tagyr - 09-08-2010

Very nice! :approve: And yeah spears tend to obstruct an image fitting under a certain size.

I'd ask you to draw Thagyr since I'm jealous of Asyria's Avatar now, but I'd figure that'd be waaaay outside your normal spectrum and into the realm of big muscled manly thingies. Anatomical muscles are hard to draw!

So keep with the cuteness! Though your rendition of Asyria makes her look very serious which is cool.

Re: Practice makes perfect! - Freyar - 09-08-2010

A skill and style! That's two up on me.. my skills stop at stickfigures.

Re: Practice makes perfect! - Gerick - 09-08-2010

Freyar Wrote:A skill and style! That's two up on me.. my skills stop at stickfigures.

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.xkcd.com">www.xkcd.com</a><!-- w -->

Never underestimate Stick figures.

Re: Practice makes perfect! - Noelle - 09-08-2010

Thanks for all the positive responses!

Stick figures are awesome!
And I Lo~ve xkcd comics.

Was surprised to see my drawing being used!
Sent it to Asyria to ask what she thought (didn't want to post it up if she didn't like it), when I checked my PM reply, she'd already set it as her avatar ~♥

Tagyr Wrote:I'd ask you to draw Thagyr since I'm jealous of Asyria's Avatar now, but I'd figure that'd be waaaay outside your normal spectrum and into the realm of big muscled manly thingies. Anatomical muscles are hard to draw!

So keep with the cuteness! Though your rendition of Asyria makes her look very serious which is cool.

Yeah, I'm really not very good at drawing men, much less good at drawing muscles ;_;
Cutness is more my thing *u*
Drawing Azyria in as bad-ass a pose as I could manage was pretty tough! To do a Roeg would be crazy!

Re: Practice makes perfect! - Gerick - 09-08-2010

If it's cuteness you draw then I demand a Moogle eating a donut! Moogle

Anyways your pictures are still awesome regardless. There is nothing wrong with the cuteness. Chocobo *runs off to youtube to watch more of Mark Crilley's videos on drawing manga*

Re: Practice makes perfect! - Trizzip - 09-08-2010

Great job on the last piece. I added all your work to my RL directory list.

Quote:Yeah, I'm really not very good at drawing men, much less good at drawing muscles ;_;
Cutness is more my thing *u*
Drawing Azyria in as bad-ass a pose as I could manage was pretty tough! To do a Roeg would be crazy!

Well, if you ever find yourself bored and want something to draw.....Brin is unfortunately not much of a manly man, but more of a soft kind hearted elezen with a passion for nature, soooooo....I wouldn't hold it against you if you made an awesome picture of Brin Tongue

Re: Practice makes perfect! - Noelle - 09-08-2010

Brin Ahlrine Wrote:Great job on the last piece. I added all your work to my RL directory list.

Oh~ I'm on the list! >:O
Thank you very much!

Brin Ahlrine Wrote:Well, if you ever find yourself bored and want something to draw.....Brin is unfortunately not much of a manly man, but more of a soft kind hearted elezen with a passion for nature, soooooo....I wouldn't hold it against you if you made an awesome picture of Brin Tongue

Ayayaya~
Well, I'm really pleased to be having all these request and subtle hints for character drawings.

I wont ever say "I'll do it" 'cause I don't know if I will. I don't want people to be expecting things they might not get~

Re: Practice makes perfect! - Trizzip - 09-08-2010

lol, its no problem. Like I said...only if you find yourself bored. I can only imagine how busy an artist of your caliber may be. ^.^