Hydaelyn Role-Players
Introducing myself - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Introducing myself (/showthread.php?tid=4437)

Introducing myself - Sakurai Koji - 09-10-2013

((OOC))

Lo there everyone! Finally got a chance to make a character on Balmung, which will temporarily satiate me until server transfers are allowed and I bring my main guy over. But please do look me up, Idra Prescott.

So lets see a little bit about myself, I'm 30 years old (31 come the first of November). I've been role playing for what seems like centuries sometimes. Started out with tabletop games (Which I still play, currently in an Anima game), Which evolved into playing MuDs, then followed Aol chat rooms. My experience in MMO rp has been bittersweet. I've played so many MMO's but most had a lackluster or non existent (or non tolerated) Rp community. With the exception of one, City of Heroes, that's where MMO rp took off for me and remembering those times still gives me hope that I can find another community like that.

Which brings me here. I did not do much rp in XI, nor did I get the chance to play 1.0, but I'm here now. An hopefully I can intermingle with everyone (or as many as I can) in our adventures through out the game.

Well, that will be it for now, look forward to playing with everyone!

RE: Introducing myself - Olofantur - 09-10-2013

Welcome to the show!

Feel free to look around, take a cookie, all the fun stuff. Hope to see you on Balmung soon!

A note about "Anima" thats a great game! I particularly love the Tarot Cards, I never got "Tower" right side up, I only hunted him with "Reverse." Have you run many campaigns with them? they're a lot of fun I think.

Best of luck out there.

RE: Introducing myself - Sakurai Koji - 09-10-2013

(09-10-2013, 06:42 PM)Olofantur Wrote: Welcome to the show!

Feel free to look around, take a cookie, all the fun stuff. Hope to see you on Balmung soon!

A note about "Anima" thats a great game! I particularly love the Tarot Cards, I never got "Tower" right side up, I only hunted him with "Reverse." Have you run many campaigns with them? they're a lot of fun I think.

Best of luck out there.

I have not run one, but our current ST is using them in this campaign. Which is bad lol, cause my character has an obsession with using Tarot Cards to help make important decisions. And when I asked him about if any of those cards happen to be in my deck, he just smiled and shrugged.

RE: Introducing myself - Teardrop - 09-10-2013

Hello Sakurai Koji!

I take it from the name that you are a...Midlander? What is your character's concept, or have you gotten that far Tongue ?

Anima, eh? I've always wanted to try out that one. Looks like you've had some RP experience elsewhere. FFXIV is such a great setting for role-play, and I hope you'll find what you are searching for here.

Welcome to the community, and I hope to meet you in-game Thumbsup !

RE: Introducing myself - Talak Marcuz - 09-10-2013

Hiya Teardrop,

At least you're not alone here, I'm a big ol' newbie too.

RE: Introducing myself - Sakurai Koji - 09-10-2013

(09-10-2013, 07:25 PM)Teardrop Wrote: Hello Sakurai Koji!

I take it from the name that you are a...Midlander?  What is your character's concept, or have you gotten that far Tongue ?

Anima, eh?  I've always wanted to try out that one.  Looks like you've had some RP experience elsewhere.  FFXIV is such a great setting for role-play, and I hope you'll find what you are searching for here.

Welcome to the community, and I hope to meet you in-game Thumbsup !

Yep, Midlander. Concept wise, well this character will take backdrop once I can get my main over, but as for now it is vague lol. But this is about him so far.

Background - Idra was born in a small village just below the Southern Shroud, bordering Eorzea. In what has been Empire territory for some time. Both Parents were poor farm hands, and his fate was set to be the same. Alas, like any good tale, fate made it so that would not come to pass. First came the Ixali, claiming the area around the farm, as well the farm itself, as rightfully theirs (or its assumed that's why they attacked). Being a small farm with no form of protection other then farm and stable hands with pitchforks, everyone who survived was pushed northward to escape. He lost his father in said attack, and just a few short months later, The Calamity came and claimed the rest of the refugees. His parents, friends, everyone gone in moments. Its a miracle he survived, but he saw nothing but fate being cruel.

Five years have passed and he finds himself back in Gridania's Black Shroud Forest. For what purpose, is unknown. Could be revenge, a new start, or more likely that he himself does not even know.

Personality - Idra is morally blind, having to fend for himself for so long, the lines between what is right and what is wrong have blurred to such a point that it is now What is. He has a sharp tongue and does not open easily, guarding himself from the inevitable, that something will make them disappear. Therefore forming attachments is least on his list. Though standoffish, those that pay attention may catch him doing unexpected things. He has a weakness for orphans and will do whatever he must to lighten their burdens if even just a little. His lack of attachments have let him settle in this way, though if he would ever form any (or be given little choice) one may see his attitude shift and show a glimmer of the man he wants to be, instead of the man that is.